Eighteen

Sugar Rush

Yeri took off her Sharpie’s cap and doodled Yeri likes Joy across a piece of paper, so childish, she thinks to herself as she sighed and once again gaze longingly at the object of her affection who is currently sitting two rows away from her desk.

It’s not that the older girl doesn’t notice her, Joy would even acknowledge her with a nod and smile whenever their eyes meet, it can’t help that both their inner circle mingles with each other and ah this is pointless, it’s just that the latter thinks of her as a younger sister and well to be fair she really is still young and unfortunately hopelessly crushing on her schoolmate.

Irene must have said something funny as Joy laughs along with her, well it doesn’t bother her, Irene is the object of her idiot friend’s affection, and speaking of that idiot where is she

“Come on give me a piece of paper, I have to pull a prank at Irene.” Seulgi suddenly appears beside her, grabbed a piece of paper and folded it clumsily, biting her lips in the process as she turned it into a paper plane. It was too late for Yeri to stop Seulgi as the latter immediately thrown the paper plane towards where Irene is sitting, at some sort of luck, not only is her friend an idiot but also has a bad aim as it hits Joy in the head instead.

Seulgi, upon noticing that she hit the wrong person hurriedly ducks behind Yeri as Joy turned her head to the source of the prank, that moment Yeri felt like she’s dying as Joy frowns, picks up the paper plane and read it, raging eyes immediately turning soft as she can’t look at Yeri once she read what’s written on the paper.

Embarrassing.

*

“Care to explain what this is about?”  Joy approached her when she and Seulgi were at the lobby, and Yeri was at loss for words.

“What’s there to explain? Do you not know how to read? It says Yeri likes Joy, and you call me an idiot. Wow.“ Seulgi muttered seriously as she stared at the paper then back at Joy and the younger girl just gritted her teeth along with Yeri: Of course, I know how to read.
 

“Good for you, now I gotta head out and look for Irene. “

*

 “I.. I can explain myself.”  Yeri spoke up after what seems like minutes of awkward silence between the two of them.
“Yeah?”
“I like you like an older sister.”
Yeri held her breath after she said those words.
“Sounds about right.”  Joy replied.

 

They parted ways after that.

*

The day after, Yeri is busy making her assignment at the library when something hits her head, she ducks under her desk, and sees the same paper plane she doodled on yesterday.

Yeri rubs her head and noticed the big bold letters written over her doodle this time, and it says:  “You’re a bad liar, and I like you too.”

She immediately turns around and sees Joy smirking rows behind her.

 

 

 

 

* Huh as short as Yeri....