Halloween Update

Sugar Rush

Halloween Update (Trigger Warning needed?)

 

Seulgi and Yeri huddled in front of Seulgi's laptop as the maknae has joined her in reading various creepypastas over the internet.

 

"Seulgi unnie we should turn on your room's lights, I can't see the texts properly." Yeri whined.

Seulgi just laughed and mocked the younger girl: "The laptop's screen light is enough, admit it, you're just scared."

 

Yeri just pouted because it's true.

 

They continued to read together silently until Yeri already felt sleepy: "Unnie I am going to my room. Enjoy getting spooked by yourself."

 

"Goodnight chicken!" Seulgi said as she watched Yeri's retreating figure reflected on her screen. Man, this website's black background and white texts really strain the eyes.

 

Seulgi stretched in her chair, just one more creepypasta to read and she will sleep too.

 

 

***

 

 

Yeri hurriedly entered her room and sees Joy sitting in her bed: "Joy unnie, this might be too much to ask but can we sleep in one bed tonight?"

 

"Sure." Joy inched to the right side of the bed as Yeri settled to the left. Joy hoarded the blanket all to herself and Yeri doesn't want to argue as she drifted to sleep.

 

Minutes later, Yeri woke up as her phone rings and she groggily answered it: "Yes? Hello?"

 

She heard static on the other line as the other person breathes heavily: "Yah you, , they made me run another lap at this hour, I want to faint, like who works out close to midnight? All I want is to watch TV and eat chicken."

 

Yeri still in stupor said: "Yeah? But who's this again?"

 

"You satan, it's me Joy. Manager unnie made me run all night, and now hopefully this is my final lap. Don't wait for me to come home, I'll be late. Bye!"

 

Yeri jolts awake and stared at the sleeping figure bundled up in blankets beside her, if that was Joy unnie on the phone then who is this sleeping beside her?

 

 

***

 

 

"I'll buy you something to drink!" Wendy shouted as she watched Joy got exhausted from running. Their manager however stopped her as she said it’s too risky for her to be going alone. Wendy plans on entering a store not too far from where Joy and their manager and assured them that she’ll be fine as she walks away.

 

Her steps however faltered when she notices a figure following her, she tried to shrug it off as just a random passerby but when she turns into a random corner, the figure still kept close distance. Wendy hopes this is not one of their sasaengs as she stops at the store’s entrance and the figure crashed into her.

 

“Why did you stop walking?” the girl’s voice is close to inaudible as Wendy had to glare to see the face hidden by her cap: “Irene unnie?!”

 

“Y-yes it me.” the girl lightly coughs as she pulled the corner of her turtleneck to cover her face even more.  

 

“You scared me, what are you doing here? Don’t you have schedule right now?” Wendy grabbed the girl’s hand as she dragged her inside the store.

 

The other girl just shook her head, maybe if she keeps silent, Wendy would never recognize her, it’s not everyday that a sasaeng like her would get a chance to get close like this. Her disguise worked this time, after disguising as Yeri failed the last time. She wishes she's as pretty as Irene though.

 

 

***
 

 

It is not unusual for Irene to be driven around alone by their manager unnie when her stint at MuBank started but the girl still can’t help but glance at the car’s mirror by reflex to check her members. Right, she’s alone this time, as she smiles at her mistake.

 

“Missing the kids, huh?” her manager smiled nervously as she has noticed Irene’s habit.

 

“Can’t wait to go home.” Irene mused as she opted to stare straight ahead this time instead.

 

When they arrived at the dorm premises, she hurriedly got out of the car and rode the elevator with manager unnie beside her. She tried calling Seulgi on her phone as she knows the girl is still awake at this time but no one is answering.

 

Her phone rang this time and she answered it: “Irene you walked too fast, are you too excited to see the kids? I’ll ride the elevator now and I’ll be there in a bit.”

 

That was her manager on the phone, but she was just here beside her. Irene looks around and notices she’s all alone this time.

 

“Also, I didn’t meant to scare you but when you looked at the car’s mirror earlier, you didn’t notice a figure sitting at the back right? My eyes must be playing tricks on me, blame my old age.” their manager continued talking.

 

Irene hangs up her phone and stood frozen at her spot.

 

 

***

 

 

Seulgi squinted as she was close to the story’s ending, she really had fun browsing through the scary stories as they are very well written, no wonder Yeri chickened out.

 

Impossible to happen in real life though, just pure fiction.

 

She yawned as she turns on her night lamp, but screamed when she found a reflection of a hanging body swinging back and forth at her laptop screen.