Fourteen

Sugar Rush

Wendy’s POV

 

You wiped off the crumbs from as she talks about the latest show she's watching while you are baking batches of cookies for the fanmeet. She stilled at the gesture but flashes off her eyesmile when you're done.

 

x

 

"She just gets me, you know." You tried explaining to Joy when she's taunting your closeness with Seulgi.


"Yeah, as if I'll believe that, you're lucky she's slow in the head and isn't actually misinterpreting your actions. Having a brain like that has its benefits."

 

You lightly nudges Joy as she's on her mocking spree once again and you two just laughed it off.

 

 

"But you like her..."

"Maybe."

 

x

 

The thing about Seulgi? She always brings out the best in people with her optimistic attitude, Yeri once told you, it's like a mutual admiration couple going on with how you both shower each other with compliments. Gym buddy? Check. Guitar buddy? Check. Impromptu duets at the dorm? Check.

You know you are losing it when she smiles everytime, even if you start nagging, just like now, when she got her bottom lip jutted forward as she realized you were serious about scolding her not to eat the raw cookie dough.

Another thing, she thought you wouldn't notice that she's intentionally crumbling several number of cookies, only to feign a surprised: "Oh look! These ones are broken too, they are mine to eat now."

You just let it pass, because the way she gushes and compliment your baking afterwards still never fail to put a blush on your cheeks.

 

If she only knew.

 

x

 

You two got your own share of inside jokes that Irene felt out of place sometimes, that time on the radio show when you swore you both laugh your heads off, only for Seulgi to explain the joke to Irene and the leader just gave off an indifferent vibe.

 

So much for fun.

 

 

But you are both glad you didn't get scolded.

 

 

x

 

 

You fooled yourself into thinking you could keep this secret for a long time until that day she found out. You were scared that she'll push you away and it'll affect the dynamics of the group.

 

 

"You thought I wouldn't notice?" Seulgi smiles at you when you tried to talk to her, she scratches just behind her ear and added: "I'm not as slow as people think, I've known about it for a long time now."

 

 

"So you're not mad? I mean I'm not even asking you to like me back I just..." You stuttered but she places a finger on your lips to shush you out.

 

Her face still wears that goofy smile you've always liked: "Why would I be mad? You're the slow one for not noticing." 

 

You are both ambitious (despite being both unemployed, hello SM!) and you both know you are still far from reaching the top. You don't even need her to pity you for holding on to these feelings for a long time. But, this was not what you've expected to hear, and here you are over thinking stuff again...

 

 

 

"L-Let's stay this way then, Friends?" (I like you...) You extend your hand as she gladly intertwined it with hers.

 

"Friends..." (I like you too...)