Change and False Hope

Mystery Twelve

~6 Months Later~

 

Kristy walked into the bar before it opened.  She waved at Ike, who was cleaning some glasses, then walked over to the stage to set stuff up for later.  "Hey!  Kristy how was your night?"  He yelled at her and she rolled her eyes at their inside joke.  "I was horrible Ike!  I had to work with this arrogant bastard who let that really drunk guy get touchy feely with me.  And he just laughed at it!  God if I have to work with him again I just might shoot him!"  She glared at him and he hung his head, "Sorry."  She laughed at his apology and finished setting up the stage.  As she started to walk behind the counter, her phone beeped, signaling that she had a text.  Ike opened it up, then froze.  "Kristy?  Do you know that new group Zwolf?"  She nodded, "Yeah.  They just started releasing teasers.  Everybody knows them."  He shook his head, "No.  I mean do you personally know them?"  Kristy bit her lip, "What would make you think that?"  "Kristy!  We miss you so much!  We'll be releasing our first album here soon!  Are you still ok with us using your song?  We wish that you could have stayed and performed with us!  Anyways, the guy who took over your spot is cool, but he's definitely not you.  Jay keeps grumbling about how it's really weird to have another guy in his room.  But, we need to go to a photo shoot!  Love you!  Miss you!! ~Zwolf P.S. You should come to our first stage.  The guys would be so happy to see you.... P.S.S. You still haven't told us where you are!  And Jay is getting irritated. You need to tell us soon...." He read out loud then turned the phone around so Kristy could see the picture of the group holding up hand hearts.  Nagito had walked out of the back in the middle of the conversation and stared at Kristy, "So this is who you are hiding from?"  The girl rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, "No not particularly them.  I mean it's a long story.  But they aren't who I'm hiding from.  Actually they are like my best friends and, well, Jay is my brother.  I was also a part of their group up until about 6 months ago.  But, that's all history."  

 

Nagito smiled victoriously, "So you are hiding from someone?"  Kristy slapped her hand over , "No!"  He raised an eyebrow, "Oh really Miss They-Aren't-Who-I'm-Hiding-From?  So tell me Kristy, who are you hiding from."  She huffed, "I am hiding from the love of my life because I majorly screwed up.  I am hiding from my parents because they disowned me.  I am hiding from my friends because I can't stand to see them do what I dreamed of doing.  And most of all I'm hiding from me.  Because I know that if I dare open that door back up that I will go back, no questions asked.  But I can't do that, because I have made a mess of everything."  Her eyes started to water up and the boys knew that they stepped into forbidden territory.  Ike went over and hugged the girl, her hair as she cried into his chest.  Kristy couldn't hold it in anymore and just let it all flow out.  The pain and guilt she felt every day when she would check to see what Exo was doing, the tears that were shed every night by herself, the fact that she was never going to move on, and lastly the feeling of knowing that she is never going to forgive herself.  They stayed like that for a good 10 minutes before she pulled away and started wiping furiously at her eyes.  "I'm sorry for that.  It's just I've never really been one to express my feelings and so they build up right until someone steps on the land mine."  Nagito shook his head, "Any time Kristy.  You are like family to us now.  But, we open in about ten minutes so you better get your act together."

 

When they opened the bar a few people came walking in and ordered drinks, but for the most part it was quite.  It was always quite until about 6, when everybody was getting off work and head out.  Kristy chatted with some regulars and showed off the newest tricks she had learned from Ike.  At about 9 she headed up to the stage.  "How's everybody doing tonight?" she spoke into the mic and was replied with cheers from the crowd.  "Heh, that sounds good."  She picked up her guitar and began the song.  She looked up and was surprised to see Jong Dae staring at her from the bar.  His eyes widened as she sang the chorus "Lost between Elvis and suicide, ever since the day we died.  Well, I've got nothing left to lose.  After Jesus and rock 'n' roll couldn't save my immoral soul. Well I've got nothing left, I've got nothing left to lose."  He walked towards the stage and stood at the edge of it as she sang.  When she finished, he climbed up and tilted his head to the side.  Trying to decide if this was the Kris that he met months ago who used to smile so freely.  He would have never guess that this girl who worked at a bar and sang such a depressing song was the same girl that was so excited to finally put together her first song.  Kristy just watched him warily, trying to judge how drunk he was.  "Kris?" he whispered and she slightly nodded.  He sighed then reached for the guitar in her hands.  She handed it to him and he whispered in her ear, "Sad doesn't suit you."  She laughed as he played a few really fast notes and knew exactly what song he was going for. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYMDmhfMpk) Kristy let Jong Dae lead the flow of songs until Ike called time for her break. 

 

Kristy and Jong Dae walked out front for her break.  She sighed, "God it's so stuffy in there."  The boy looked her over, "You seem different.  Like you're more relaxed around people."  She chuckled as she pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket and offered him one.  He shook his head, so she shrugged and lit one for herself.  "Like i said in there.  I've got nothing left to lose."  She said and he really looked her over.  "I wouldn't have recognized you if you hadn't started singing.  I mean you look like a girl.  You're hair is a light shade of red and you even got a tattoo."  She nodded and took another drag.  "Jay would kill you if he saw this." he pointed to the smoke she just puffed out.  Kristy smirked, "Jay would kill me if he saw anything I do now.  I mean you would have killed me had you come in on a Sunday."  Jong raised an eyebrow, "What's so special about Sundays?"  Her smirk became a little more mischievous, "Let's just say men go to church in the morning to rid themselves of their sins.  But they visit here during the night to buy into sinful spirits and watch a little bit more than suggestive performance."  The boy's mouth dropped open, "No! You don't!"  She leaned forward to look him in the eyes, "Why yes I do.  But most of them have already figured out that I am a great tease and that they're not getting anything."  Jong scowled, "What about Kris?"  She shot him a glare, "I highly doubt that he gives a damn about me anymore.  Anyways, I need to be getting back to work."  She dropped the remaining cigarette to the ground and put it out under her foot before turning to go back into the building.  Jong quickly grabbed her wrist, "I wouldn't be too sure about that.  Kris just gives off this feeling as if he's lost since you left.  When he's here he's always disappearing to some place, or just locks himself in his room.  Chanyeol said that he's never seen him act like this.  I think you both just need to be with each other."  Kristy turned slightly and Jong could see a tear slide down her cheek.  "Don't give me false hope." Her voice cracked and she pulled her arm away from him before running back into the bar.