Sick

Mystery Twelve

Kris sat down on her bed.  Exo had been gone for four days and the days were dragging on.  She groaned and fell back into her pillows, only slightly thankful for the other groups absents.  Her period had started the day before they left and she wasn't sure how she would cover up if they found any of her things for that.  The door cracked open and Jay peeked in, "Kris, are you okay?"  She looked a her brother and nodded.  He placed his hand on her forehand and she was unusually cold.  "Kris.  You're really cold and pale.  You look like a walking corpse."  She shook her head, "It's just because it's that time."  Jay argued back, "You really should go to the infir-"  "Jay I'll be fine!"  She interrupted and he backed off.  "Just don't push yourself, okay?" he walked out of the room and closed the door.  

 

Jay stopped Sang before he could go into their room.  "Pay attention to Kris, he's a bit to hard headed and I think he's coming down with something."  Sang nodded, "I thought so too.  He was really shaky today when we were practicing and I think he was even off beat a couple of times."  Jay looked around to make sure no one could hear him, then leaned closer to the younger.  "She says it's because it's that time of month but I don't believe her.  I've lived with it for six years and she's never been like that on it."  Sang nodded again and went into the room, "Hey Kris."  She smiled, "Sang sing a song for me."  He laughed a little at the pun on his name but complied, "What should I sing for you?"  He laid down next to her and she looked at him.  "What about that one U-Kiss song that you  do that sounds beautiful?"  "0330?"  He asked and she nodded happily.  He began and she sang along at some parts. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1zOhQQpw6U )  When he finished she smiled, "Thanks Sang I think I might go work on some stuff down in the practice studio."  Sang grabbed Kris's arm, "Do you want me to come with you?"  She shook her head, "No.  I have a bunch on my mind that I need to sort out while Exo is gone."  The boy smiled, "You mean you need to figure stuff out while Kris is gone.  I think you just need to go for it."  "Nope.  If he finds out about me he probably won't trust me ever and it's game over in everything.  I'll leave and I won't come back."  She sounded sad when she said this.  She started to leave and Sang stopped her again, "You don't have to leave if anybody finds out, do you?"  She shook him off and made her way down to the practice rooms.

 

Kris skipped into the room and plugged her iPod in.  She let the music take over her veins and her mind go.  It was better cleared that way. After about an hour the music started getting too slow and her mind came back from it's vacation.  She walked over to her iPod and shuffled through the songs, finding an upbeat one that she could work on her flips with.  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3dF0Y7deb0 )  The first few were going good, but about the fifth one she felt a sharp pain run through her arm.  She screamed and fell to the ground, hitting her head hard in the process.  Kris hoped someone had heard her and laid on the floor in excruciating pain.  Someone opened the door but her mind was clouded.  "Kris are you okay?"  what sounded like Jong said and she let out a pained moan.  ".  Somebody call a taxi."  The person who sounded like Jong said and picked her up.  She yelped as he touched her arm, causing him to pull away from it.  "Damn it Kris.  What the hell were you thinking?"  Her eyesight cleared up a bit and found that it was Jong scolding her.  He carried her outside and a taxi pulled up.  ly he lifted her into it and she could see Jay and Sang also getting into the car.  They sped off the the hospital and the pain came in random spurts, causing the girl to whimper.  They pulled up in front of the hospital and Jong carefully lifted her out while Sang paid the cab driver.  A nurse took her away when they got in and the three boys paced the waiting room.  

 

A doctor finally walked out, calling "Anyone here for Choi Kristy?"  The three stood up and he came over.  "Which one of  you is actually related to her?"  He asked and Jay stepped forward.  "Well she majorly fractured her arm and has a bad case of the flu.  We would like to keep her here for at least four days to splint the arm and make sure that the flu goes away."  Jay nodded, taking at all in.  "Also may I talk to you in private?"  The doctor asked Jay and motioned away from the group.  They walked away and the doctor turned to the boy, "When she came back to us she had a compression shirt on and wrapping around her chest.  There are also traces of scars all over her body.  May I ask what exactly was going on?"  "The scars are from the beatings she received as a child and I am not permitted to tell you of the reasoning behind the bandages."  The doctor nodded his head, "Well in that case you guys should be able to go back and see her."  Jay smiled and thanked the doctor.  He took the other two and found Kris's room.

 

When they walked in Kris was fighting off sleep.  Jay ran to her side. "What the hell were you doing Kris!  I told you not to push yourself!"  he scolded her but still hugged her.  She winced when he brushed her arm, "Jay your hurting me.  And I was dancing, it's not like I was doing something stupid." A nurse came into the room and ran a new IV to Kris's arm.  Sang pulled Jay away from his younger sister and whispered, "We should let her rest.  She pushed herself really hard today."  They turned as her head dipped a bit then snapped back up.  They each hugged her, avoiding her arm and said their goodbyes before leaving her to rest.  They hailed a taxi back to the dorms and waited in silence.  When they got there they were mobbed by the other Zwolf members.  "What is going on with Kris?" Chi asked.  "He broke his arm and has the flu.  They are keeping him for four days and then they will release him back."  The group nodded before Seok piped up, "What about Exo they'll want to see him when they get back and I don't think he looks like his normal guyish self."  Jay stiffened, "Damn, I didn't think about that but we have two days until we have to worry about that."