I Am Sorry

Mystery Twelve

Kris's hands shook as he picked up the envelope and he carefully began to open it.  Chanyeol chuckled, "You really didn't mean what you said down there, did you?"  Kris smiled bitterly, "I can't hate her.  I just can't look at her right now."  Chanyeol shook his head, "Then why did you push her away?"  Kris looked away from the younger and whispered, "I think we need time."  Kris stared off for a minute before remembering about the letter in his hand.  He carefully slid the paper out and and unfolded it.  It was in sloppy handwriting and was covered in tear stains, but Kris could just barely make out the words.

 

Dear Kris,

I'm Sorry.  I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me being a girl.  I am sorry that you had to find out like that.  I am sorry that you had to accept that you were "gay" but really weren't.  I am sorry that because I was living the lie, that you had to sacrifice so many things.  I am sorry that I am leaving, without talking this out.  I am sorry that I will be hiding.  I am sorry that I hurt you.  I am sorry that I couldn't be the one for you.

 

But I guess with sorries should come some explinations.  My name is Choi Kristy.  I am the little sister of Choi Jay and Kris is my nickname.  I was homeschooled by my Nanny until I was 13, then my parents sent me to a private girls school.  My mom harped on me about being lady-like for years and years, but gave up when I cut my hair and told her that the only thing lady-like about me is my physical features (And as you know they aren't all that feminly either).  So when I was 14, I hung out with my brother's friends (Now the members of Zwolf) and we were goofing around and danced.  Someone suggested we dance in public, so we did.  At the beginning I wasn't trying to hide that I was a girl.  It was more that quite a few of us (Including Jay and myself) came from large buseness families and if they were saw dancing randomly on the street it would bring down the family name.  So we were hiding ourselves because of that reason.  Then people started regaurding me as a boy and I already knew how scarry it was to be a girl on good terms with any of the guys by themselves.  I couldn't imagine having to deal with the fangirls of the group in general.  Soon, we had a fairly large folllowing and we got scouted.  Yes, SM knows that I am a girl.  So does our manager and apparently JongDae.  I have a feeling everybody else will, within a little bit of time.  Oh and I also gave a letter fto Baekhyun, too.

 

Now that you know about me.  I am going to tell you some of the things I am not sorry for.  I am not sorry for crossdressing, I certainly won't regret it because it is what I want and I haven't gotten what I wanted in my life.  I am not sorry for the secret to have came out.  I am not sorry that I met you.  I am not sorry that you stole my first kiss.  I am not sorry that you were my first boyfriend.  And last but not least (In fact it may possibly be the most important thing in this entire letter)  I am not sorry for loving you.  I know that it is really selfish of me, but it was probably the happiest I have ever been.  I hope that you move on and one day find someone that deseves you in all of your gloriousness, because I sure as hell didn't.

Love?

-Kristy

 

Kris hadn't noticed the tears running down his face, to add to the stains already on the page.  He leaned back against the door and slid his thumb over the last two words.  "Yes, Love"  He whispered to himself.  He had forgotten about the other boy, who cleared his throat.  Kris looked back up, then tossed the letter at Chanyeol.  The younger read it then looked up at the Chinese boy, who was now working at wiping up the last of his tears.  "She told me she would be back." he whispered and a slight twinkle came into the elder's eyes.  Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Chanyeol said they could come in.  It was Jong and he looked like he had seen a ghost.  He glanced over at the boy on the floor and bit his lip.  "So you know?" he asked and the other nodded.  He sighed and sat down next to Chanyeol on the bed.  He noticed the letter in the redhead's hands and nodded towards it.  "Did she happen to say where she was going to stay in there?"  Kris shook his head and Jong said a few choice words that startled the other two.  Chanyeol looked concerened, "Why?  Do you guys not know where she went?"  Jong shook his head, "All the page that Sang and I got said thank you for being a friend and sorry that she had to leave.  I highly doubt that she told Jay anything and Sang is a wreak right now.  Luckily none of the other Zwolf members are awake yet.  I am not looking forward to telling them.  Can you guys handle telling Exo?"  Chanyeol nodded and Jong stood up, "Well I better go make sure that Sang isn't trying to do something stupid that Kris would be mad at him for doing." He left and Kris ran his hands through his hair, "So she really is gone."  Chanyeol pointed at the older's bed, "You need to sleep, now.  So that way maybe later we can all work this out."

 

After Kris woke up, he heard rustling out in the hall.  He peeked his head out the door and saw a group of boys standing in the middle of the hall.  From what he could see, most of the Zwolf members had there doors open, but they weren't coming out.  He debated following their example, but Suho called for him.  Kris qrudgingly walked over to the other leader, who attempted to sling his arm over the taller's shoulder, but failed.  He instead just led the other into his room and closed the door.  Kris sat down on Suho's bed and the Korean look over the other's state.  Kris's hair was a mess and he had dark rings around his eyes.  He looked too tired to deal with anyone.  "Are you going to be okay?" Was all the younger asked and Kris sighed, "I don't know.  I just wasn't expecting it and nevertheless like this.  Either way I guess I have to get my act together, I mean we go back to China here in a few hours and I still need to shower and get dressed."  He quickly left Suho there to wonder about what exactly happened.