Why?

Mystery Twelve

A/N:  I decided the whole Kristy being referred to as a he all the time was getting really confusing.  So I am just going to use she.  It's much simpler that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris finally got out of the hospital in more of a daze about Kris then before.  She thought back over what had happened, 'He pouted when I didn't give him a hug, then was very skittish about hopping up next to me.  He also blushed a lot while people came and went, especially when Tao was talking to him.  The others just kind of left him with me, which was weird.  Then Tao texted him with the Just Do It stuff and then..... then... he...'  She glided her fingers over her lips remembering the small peck.  'My first kiss.  And so out of the blue like that, it doesn't make sense.  Maybe he's just playing with me, I mean practically all of SM knows that I haven't had my first kiss.  Or maybe he heard me when I..... Was saying... No he was asleep, but what if he had heard and is just using me as a toy to help get over his last girl.  There's no way he could... but he...  I mean he just left after that, didn't say anything or acknowledge that he had just taken my first kiss.  And then he hasn't even tried to talk to or see me since then.  Hell even Chen came and saw me after that and we get along as well as sun and snow.'  Kris felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Sang staring at her, "Are you okay? You've been standing here for almost half an hour."  She looked around and realized she was standing in front of the dorms.  Zwolf was there worried and she smiled, "I'm fine.  I was just thinking."  She started towards the doors and they relaxed a bit.

 

They walked into the building just as Exo was coming out.  Kris glanced at Kris, the older didn't even make a move to look at her when the rest of Exo stopped to chat.  "I'm going up to my room.  All this moving is making me tired."  She whispered to her older brother, then quickly ran towards the stairs. "What is he doing taking the stairs?  Doesn't he understand that we live on the tenth floor?"  Suho asked no one in particular.  Jay ran his fingers through his hair, "He is flustered about something. You see, he does physical things when he is stressed, that is how he broke his arm in the first place."  "What was he stressed about before?"  BaekHyun questioned Zwolf and they shuffled awkwardly.  Jong spoke up, "He was trying to get over his crush and well I am not sure what it is about now, but we can expect that he probably won't talk to anybody for the next week or so."  "A week?  Why would he need a week?"  Kai asked, amazed.  Kris looked down at the ground, knowing exactly why, and feeling a bit guilty about it.  After he kissed Kris his brain had caught up to him and wasn't liking the thought of kissing another guy, but his heart was telling him to keep going.  Then he didn't even visit or anything, he was more concerned about his own thoughts that he had totally disregarded what was going on with Kris.  Kris sighed and made his way out the doors to the van waiting for them.  Soon the rest of Exo came out and they left for their schedules.

 

Kris had ran up the stairs and into her room.  There were stuffed animals and cards piled up and she picked one up.  It was a teddy bear and had a note attached to it that said, 'Kris, Get well soon.  Zwolf fighting!  -Minnie'  She was surprised at this, she didn't know a Minnie and practically nobody knew of Zwolf.  She picked up a few others and they had similar notes.  She giggled a bit when she found one that was somebody from her old school.  "I wonder if she remembers making my life hell for years?"  She asked the plush toy.  "Lets hope not."  Jay said scaring her.  She chucked the toy at him and smiled.  He looked her over, "Kris, what happened in the hospital?  You are more frustrated now then I've seen since Appa told you about your arranged marriage"  Kris shuttered, "Oh thank god I got out of that.  He was the most disgusting thing to walk the earth and kept feeling me up like I was one of his inflatable manga characters.  You should have seen his room, that was like comic con had puked and his room was the unlucky waste bin."  She shivered and he stifled a laugh.  "So what happened?"  He asked again.  Kris sighed, "I don't even know."  She ran her hand through her hair and started towards the door."Hey Kris.  Where are you going?"  She shrugged, "To work on my vocals I guess."  She skipped out.

 

Kris found herself in one of the music rooms and sat down at a piano.  She fiddled around with it when the door opened and someone came in.  A thin figure slipped onto the bench next to her and she turned to find Haneul there.  She lightly ghosted her hand over Kris's cast and the other shrunk back.  "Please don't touch me.  I am not in any state of mind to rationally deal with people today."   She said pushing the other away.  Haneul smirked a bit and practically sat on top of Kris. "Well then don't deal with me rationally." she said and set her hand on the other's thigh.  Kris tensed a bit and started to move away when Haneul grabbed her hair and pulled her into a sloppy kiss.  She tensed up and froze there with wide eyes while Haneul devoured her lips.  She didn't kiss back and tears started to run down her face as flashes of the kiss with Kris came rushing back.  Haneul pulled away to catch her breath and saw the tears running down Kris's cheek.  She realized what she had just done and ran from the room, leaving Kris in alone.  "Why?"  she croaked out and let her head fall to the keys, making a hideous noise.