Scouted

Mystery Twelve

When everyone got on the bus Jay silenced them.  "Guys we got scouted!"  He said victoriously and everybody cheered except for Kris.  She was staring at the ground frozen.  "Kristy, What's wrong?"  He asked leaning down next his sister.  She looked back at him, slightly scared.  "If we get scouted everybody will know I'm a girl."  Jay hadn't thought about that.  "That's okay they will love you as a girl, just as much as they like you as a guy."  She shook her head back, "No I'll lose all my freedom around you guys.  I'll get more hate than I already do and you know how much I get along with girls."  She made her hand into a zero and Jay laughed.  "If it bothers you that much to be a girl then we'll talk to them about arranging it so that nobody knows about it."  The rest of the guys nodded in agreement and encouraged Kris to do it.  Sang came up and hugged her shoulders, "We can't do this without you Kris."  He pouted and Kris could see both Dong and Suho doing aegyo at her through the corner of her eye.  She sighed, "Let me sleep on it guys.  I'll tell you in the morning."  The eleven boys cheered and thanked her.

 

Kristy and Jay finally got home and she had decided to ask her parents about it.  If she were found out it would effect them and their company too.  They owned a large restaurant chain and pretty much only focused on the business.  The two siblings approached their parents.   Jay cleared his throat, "Um so today while we were out we got scouted by SM Entertainment."  Their mother smiled, "Oh that is great honey I hope you guys do well."  The two took that as their approval and Jay started to leave, then paused for his sister.  "Go ahead I still have some stuff to talk about with them."  She waved her brother away and then sat down in the chair so she could face both of her parents.  Her dad looked up looked up from his laptop for the first time since she walked in the room.  "So I perform in Jay's group as a guy.  Well more like everyone thinks I'm a guy.  I was hoping that it would be okay with both of you that I stay as a "guy" in the group."  She said making air quotes around the word guy.  Her mother sat up glaring daggers back at her daughter, "No you may not you are to be a lad-"  She was cut off by the girl's father, "You may, but if anyone finds out you are no longer part of the Choi family."  Kristy caught her breath, knowing that the end of this was going to end something like this.  She stood and bowed deeply, "Thank you father.  I will not disappoint you."  Her voice cracked a bit at the end and she walked out of the room.

 

Jay was waiting for her in her room.  She ran over and fell on her bed with a loud thump.  "What did you have to talk to them about?"  he asked as she groaned into your pillow.  "I asked if it was okay if I preformed as a guy."  He jumped up. "Kristy you didn't!  Now they will never let you preform with us ever again!" He sounded angry and she glanced over at her usually happy go lucky brother.  "Father said I can."  Jay started to cheer but she cut him off. "But is I screw up then you are an only child."  Jay stared back at his little sister, she looked more fragile than normal, "Then you can't."  She shook her head, "But I am Jay.  I can't sit back here and watch you guys accomplish my dreams while I have to listen to our mother lecture me for the next fifty years about being a proper lady."  He snickered a bit at her accurate judgment of their mother.  Kristy continued, "So please, don't worry about me.  I'll deal with it. All you need to do is make the call."  She pulled his phone out of his sweatshirt pocket and handed it to him.  He peers back down at you, "Are you sure?"  "Just do it before I come to my senses."  She said and headed to go take a shower.

 

Jay quickly phoned the number and a girl answered the phone.  "SM Entertainment.  How may I help you."  She said sweetly.  "Uh Hi I am Jay from Mystery Twelve and I was approached by a scout earlier.  They told me to call this number when we had decided on whether or not we were going to take the offer."  He said nervously.  "Oh yes.  I was expecting a call from you.  Would your group be able come in and do an official audition and then you can talk things out about contracts later."  She asked.  "Sure.  When should we come to do that?"  He asked happily.  "How about next Tuesday?"  She questioned.  "That would be perfect!"  He answered happily.  "Alright.  Then we will see you then."  She replied.  "Good bye and thank you" Jay said and hung up the phone.  Kristy came back out with her short hair wet.  "Tuesday we have an audition.  Do we want to celebrate with the guys tonight?"  He told her and she nodded back.

 

The twelve met at their favorite pizza place and ordered.  Suho jumped on Kris' back when he got there.  "Thank You Noona!!!  We are eternally grateful!"  he said in his cute little voice.  She smiled shyly and let herself be led by the younger into a booth.  She tried to look happy for everyone.   When the party was in full swing she slowly made her way outside.  She took a swig of her coke before feeling someone's hand on the small of her back.  She turned to find Sang looking at her.  "What's the matter?"  he asked.  She sniffled a bit before curling herself up in his chest.  "If anyone finds out my family is disowning me."  She choked out and the boy squeezed her tightly. 'Damn this kid.  He can read me like an open book.'  she cursed him in her mind.  He pulled her back to get a better look at her face.  "Have you told any of the other guys?"  Sang asked.  She shook her head wiping away the few tears that had somehow made their way down her face.  Sang made sure she wouldn't break down again before going and telling the rest of the guys the predicament.  The others came out and gave her longs hugs.  "You know if you get kicked out you could stay with any of us."  Channie said and Kris smiled.  "Thanks guys.  Now I'm ready to rock the audition.  MYSTERY TWELVE FIGHTING!!"  She yelled pumping her fists