Park

Mystery Twelve

Zwolf emerged from the practice room at around eleven, pouring sweat.  All but Kris went to take showers and go to bed.  Kris grabbed her guitar and headed to the park.  There wasn't a single soul there so she sat down on a bench facing away from the street.  She fiddled around for a while before finally decieding on a song ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmX-K7eadM )  She closed his eyes and let her mind blank.  She finished the song and sighed a bit.  Behind her was someone clapping, she turned to find Exo's Kris.  'Aish!  This guy is so bothersome.  Can't he see that I'm trying to get over him?'  She thought as the older came and sat next to her.  "Not bad for a random kid sitting in the park and just the song I needed to hear."  Kris said and the trainee looked away.  "Hey you should respect your elders you know.  Stop being so damn introverted too, talented kids like you can't do that!"  He scolded and the younger glared back, "It's going to take a bit more than a couple petty words whispered in a park to break any of my habits."  Kris stood up, grabbing her guitar and it brushed lightly against one of the bruises that still hadn't healed.  She cringed and the other caught the breif moment of intense pain pass over her face.  "Sit back down.  You're gonna hurt yourself."  She pouted but did as she was told.

 

They sat in silence for a bit before Kris snatched the guitar out of the other's hand.  She watched amused as he fumbled around the instument, trying to play.  She chuckled a bit when he strummed a few awkward twangs.  He turned and glared at her and she pulled out her poker face.  Kris went back to his attempt at a song and she noted how serious he looked.  Finally he snapped a string and that set her over the edge into a fit of laughter.  She looked up at him, expecting him to look hurt.  He sat there smiling to himself and it disappeared when he noticed that the younger had caught a glimpse of it.  "Did you do that on purpose?"  Kris asked as she smirked up at the boy next to her.  He didn't say anything, but played a bit sounding beautiful.  She frowned, "So you were just playing me?"  He rolled his eyes, "Kind of.  I was curious if you could actually smile."  "Oh so you had to snap my string for that?"  She teased and he looked truely sorry.  She smiled a bit and pulled extra strings out of her pocket, "Aren't you a lucky duck.  Imagine what I would have done to you if I didn't snap strings all the time."  He sighed in releif and watched the girl restring.  "Why do you snap strings all the time?"  He asked and she eyed him, "I don't function well in the heat and have a love for ridiculously low tempuratures, especially when I play.  Sadly my strings do not think the same way."  

 

He chuckled a bit, "Why do you like the cold?"  She paused to think, "It enlightens the senses.  You can feel the air enter your lungs, your sense of touch hightens to where you can feel the small creases in everything, never the less it pretty much cancles out unpleasent smells and sounds."  He thought about this for a bit before sitting back, "I'm Canadian, I'm used to it."  Kris looked over at hom and shook her head, "My parents liked a toasty 26 degree celcius house and I was not permitted to leave more than three times a week with my parents for 13 years.  It facinates me."  He looked at her like she had just said she was from mars, "Did they not let Jay out like that too?"  She shook her head, "Nope.  He is the wanted golden child.  Jay can do no wrong in their eyes.  I am the broken .  My entire exsistance is a mistake."  "Yeah right.  They don't think that."  He said trying to reassure her.  She snickered, "No they don't.  They schedualed their entire life around Jay, but went out of their way to avoid everything that I have ever done.  They didn't even know about me wanting to be on stage, even though everyone else did and supported me."  He shook his head, "I'm sure that they did, they just didn't know how to show it."  "Really?  When Jay and I told them we were coming here they were excited about Jay.  They then pointed out my one and only secret and said that if it slipped then they were cutting all ties with me and I would be on my own."  Kris was still in denial that the other's parents didn't love them, "Well maybe they told you that to ensure that you would keep your secret to yourself and you wouldn't get hurt.  But I guess that depends on what the secret is."  She shook her head again, "You really don't understand what I'm saying do you?  They hate me.  If you don't beleive me I have solid proof that isn't going to change any time soon."  Kris turned to the younger with a challenging stare.  She pulled off her sweatshirt to reveal bruises on her arms and his mouth fell.  "Don't tell me my parents love me when this is the remnants of the good bye they gave me two weeks ago."  

 

She put back on her sweatshirt and started to stand.  He grabbed her wrist and smiled, "Why don't we go get ice-cream?"  Kris was about to say yes happily when she remembered that she wasn't a she in his eyes and this would be nothing for him like it would be for her.  She shook her head, "We should probably head back it's only, holy cow one in the morning.  I am going to die at the hands of my overly protective brother."  He nodded a bit and stood up, "Oh, Kris.  Do you listen to any of our songs?" Her atuomatic reaction was, "Only every other lifetime."  Kris looked down at her a bit as she face palmed herself. "You could have just said you didn't" he said slightly hurt.  "No you see I die everytime I listen to it.  And my inner fanboy is just digging me a bigger grave so we are going to say yes I like your guys' music and listen to it often.  Now I'm going to shut up before I embarass myself more than I have."  She looked irritated with herself and started to walk away.  Kris laughed a little and nudged her, "I understand.  Chanyeol did the samething the first time he met Super Junior."  She sighed in releif and they chatted a bit on the way back to the dorms.  "Good night Kris.  See you tomorrow."  Kris called as he stepped in his room.  The girl waved weakly and went to her own bed.  'I don't think anything I did today helped to hide that I like him.'  She thought as she drifted into sleep.