[oo6.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

It was Hyesun’s second day at her new school but the nervousness remained. She went to her class as usual. As she entered her homeroom, there were a few students who had arrived. When she walked to her seat, she noticed L.Joe by his seat; still with the same usual thing he did yesterday. He’s earlier than I thought.

After taking out a few stuffs like books and pencil case for the first subject, she bravely approached L.Joe, “Aren’t you bored of looking at the same things every day?” she asked as she dragged her chair closer to him.

To her misfortunate, he didn’t even respond to her question which made her smile in a sardonic way to herself, “Your life must have been boring,” she mumbled.

It was enough to make him hear her and turned his head at her with an upset look, “Don’t you have your own business to manage?” from his voice, she could tell that he was annoyed.

“And what if I say that business is you?” Hyesun smiled good-naturedly at the boy as she tilted her head.

“What do you want from me?” he asked; his voice remained annoyed.

Your broken heart is enough to satisfy me. How she wished she could answer it that way but she didn’t, “Talk to me and befriend with me,” she answered directly.

He seemed stunned for a moment before chuckling cynically, “You know that my answer is going to be no, don’t you?”

“Then I’ll make you say yes,” she strictly stated.

“What’s so good and different about you than the other girls? Is it worthy for me to befriend with a girl like you?” he challenged the girl. From the way he spoke, it seemed like he was taking her lowly.

“It’s because you’ll be saying yes to my request earlier. And it’s not worthy, but exclusive,” she confidently replied him.

L.Joe chortled which sounded so heavenly in Hyesun’s ears, “Have anyone told you that you’re more than something?”

“I don’t need anyone to tell me to know it myself. But to be getting it from you, I feel rather special?” she said in a questioning way as her lips formed a playful smile.

“Fine, I’ll give you chance to prove that you worth it—I mean you’re exclusive for it,” he lightly smirked.

“Thank you for the chance. I’ll make sure you’ll be amused and trust me, you won’t regret it for your whole life to be meeting me because I’ll brighten your days,” or more to the other way around.

“I’m hoping for you to never break your own vow,” he stated. His voice didn’t sound that cold anymore.

It seems like you’re excited for this game too. “I won’t let your hope down,” she smiled; a smile which contains mixed emotions that she couldn’t even interpret.

 

 

Students piled up the school’s cafeteria since it was already break time. To Hyesun’s disappointment, neither Mina nor Naeun join her for lunch. Both of them were busy with the cheerleading club and newsletter club respectively. After taking her meals, she held her tray while her eyes moved around to see if there was table that wasn’t taken because she didn’t want to sit with someone whom she didn’t know. She preferred to be eating alone if that was the case.

Her eyes stopped at a familiar smile. It was him; Lee Sungjong. She was still disappointed because she didn’t get to be in the same homeroom with Sungjong but at least she got L.Joe as her classmate to make her work easier. He beckoned her to sit with him since he was also alone and just when she was about to take her step towards him, a hand tapped her shoulder. She was all prepared to burst at the person before realising it was Niel.

“You seem lost. Want to sit with us over there?” he pointed to a table where Changjo and Ricky were grinning at her while waving her to sit with them. L.Joe glanced at her once before looking away when their eyes met while Chunji didn’t even bother to look anywhere.

Hyesun gave a nod to Niel, “Sure, I would love to,” she said as she followed Niel’s steps to their table. She sneakily gave an apologetic look to Sungjong when Niel wasn’t looking. She knew Sungjong was irked but nonetheless he had to understand her. I can’t even have times for my best friend.

She put her tray down on the table and took the place next to L.Joe. She could hear nasty whispers and angry voices; apparently came from some girls. What’s wrong with these girls? I’m not even cuddling with your boys and you already throw me cool ‘praises’? Cool, very cool.

“Is it okay if I join you guys here?” she asked while looking at L.Joe.

Instead of L.Joe, Ricky answered her, “You’re more than welcome to join us!” he said in his cheery voice.

Glad with his response, she started to dig in her food. As she ate, she looked at L.Joe’s meal and noticed something. Just like Sunggyu.

L.Joe gaped when someone put the veggies that he had separated to his meal. He looked at the ‘culprit’ with a shocked and irked face, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Hyesun looked at him without fear, “Eat them. Veggies are good and yummy.”

“Separate them back,” L.Joe said in a stern voice.

The boys at the table gasped when Hyesun mixed his meal with the veggies. With her chopsticks, she took it and shoved it in front of L.Joe’s face, “Eat.”

“No—” too late for L.Joe. Hyesun already stuffed the food into his mouth and she even held his jaw so he wouldn’t spit the food out.

Teen Top waited for L.Joe’s reaction and their eyes went two times wider when L.Joe chewed on the food. Done swallowing the food that he disliked the most, he immediately reached for his water bottle and gulped down the water in seconds.

“There you go! It’s not that bad, right? After this, you have to eat veggies, always. It doesn’t kill you though,” Hyesun said as she went back to finish her meal.

L.Joe looked at her; feeling slightly amused on how this girl could force him into something that he disliked. You’re surely more than something. He then took a piece of chicken from her meal and ate it.

Seeing her chicken got stolen, Hyesun narrowed her eyes at L.Joe, “You chicken.”