[oo9.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

The clock showed that it was already 7.15 a.m. L.Joe slung his bag on his shoulder and walked out his room as he closed the door. He sloppily went downstairs and as he reached the last stair, his mother’s voice was heard.

“Aren’t you going to have breakfast, Byunghun?” she asked as she curved a smile at her only son.

He didn’t even bother to look at her nonetheless he still replied her, “I need to be at school early today.”

“You should eat some, Byunghun or else you’re going to be hungry in class later,” Mrs. Lee advised.

“Since when did you even care whether I eat or not?” he sarcastically asked.

Mrs. Lee sighed, “Byunghun—”

“Maybe next time,” he nonchalantly said and left the house without even listening to what his mother had to say.

L.Joe hopped on his motorcycle. He tried to start the engine but it just wouldn’t start. The sound of engine was heard for a few seconds before it died down. Scowling, he hopped off and kicked the tyre.

“Damn it, why won’t you start?!” he growled.

Mrs. Lee suddenly appeared at the door, “What’s wrong, son? The engine wouldn’t start? Let me send you to school,” she suggested.

“Never mind, I’ll take the bus,” L.Joe stated and without waiting for any longer, he left the house; leaving his mother sighing with his cold demeanour.

L.Joe walked from his neighbourhood to the bus station which was located around 2 kilometres away from his house. He grunted and nagged nonsense stuffs since he had to walk to the bus station. He hated walking for a long distance. He stared at his watch and he knew he was going to be late for school.

“Great, I’ll have to stand outside the class again—” just when he was about to hassle, a girl ran passed him in a fast speed as she muttered incoherent words. He was speechless for awhile seeing how the girl ran ignoring everything around her; which include him. He took notice of her uniform; it was the same as him. So, she is from my school.

He didn't know why but he decided to shout at her, “It’s no use to keep running like that. We’re going to be late for school anyway.”

The girl halted after hearing his yell. She sighed before turning her back to look at him and her eyes widened in recognition. Why didn’t I recognize him earlier? Well, Jin Hyesun doesn’t care about anything when she knows she’s going to be late for school. She thought.

L.Joe chuckled to see her. No wonder she looked familiar from the back. He took fast steps towards her and smirked, “Good morning and...”

“And we’re going to be late for school,” Hyesun finished for him even though that wasn’t what he’s going to say. She continued walking when he already caught up with her.

L.Joe chuckled again, “Being late for school doesn’t mean the end of the world, do you know?” he said seeing how she got worried and all.

“I know but it’s embarrassing, don’t you think? Unless if you’re used to it,” she sarcastically replied.

“Back then, I was always late to school and I felt nothing. No embarrassment, no anxiety. But I thought of my life as a high school senior so I decided not to be late for school again. But sometimes, I miss the timing, just like now,” he told.

“I bet you’re such a badass student before, eh?” Hyesun playfully raised double jerk eyebrows at him.

“Not that bad but perhaps still considered as bad.”

“What about now?”

“Not that bad but not that good either?”

“That’s better.”

“I know, right? How about you? How were you at your former school?”

“Sometimes got myself into trouble because of my temper, but my academics is okay. At least I manage to stay within top 50 for tests.”

“You’re proud that you’re in top 50? Top 5 would sound great but top 50? You’re impossibly funny.”

“Shut up! Top 50 is still okay than top 100 okay! As if you’re that smart.”

“My highest rank was 10. And I’m still staying in the top 30. What say you?”

“Not even close to rank 1 so you don’t need to be that proud.”

“Touché,” L.Joe rolled his eyes at her reply.

As the two young teens continued to have a chattering, they finally arrived at the bus stop. They sat there for awhile before a bus stopped there. Hyesun casually hopped on the bus and paid for the bus fee. She eyed the empty seats in the bus before making her way to the seat at the very back which was her favourite seat. L.Joe followed her doings with hesitation before settling down next to her.

Hyesun looked at him with a raised eyebrow, “What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m not used to taking the bus,” L.Joe answered blatantly.

The lass spat out a laughter from , “You what? What are you? A kid? Right, I forgot you’re a spoiled kid,” she quietly muttered the last sentence.

“Excuse me? Did you just call me a spoiled kid? Define it,” L.Joe asked her in disbelief. Was he hearing it wrong? On what reason should she call him as spoiled?

Hyesun shrugged, “I mean you’re always with your motorcycle so yeah. Taking public transport is fun, especially when you need time to think,” she smiled.

“There’s nothing funny about being amongst people in a crowded vehicle. It would only give you pain. That’s why I rather ride my own motorcycle to anywhere,” he expressed his thought.

“That’s your opinion so I don’t think I should argue about it,” Hyesun said as she turned her look outside the window.

A comfortable silence accompanied them until the bus stopped near their school. They were the only students in the bus when they hopped down the bus.

Hyesun let out a heavy sigh to see the front gate was already closed. She gave a look at the boy next to her, “So Mr. I-once-always-late-for-school, what should we do about this? There must be another way to enter the school?”

L.Joe pointed his chin at the hard wall, enough to make the girl understand.

Hyesun eyed the wall in front of them. I haven’t done this in awhile. But there’s no way I’m losing my skill since I did this a lot back then. She confidently walked to the wall as she threw her bag to the other side. Okay, here we go. She slowly put one foot as her hand reached for something to grab. When she thought it was safe and stable for her to jump to the other side, she quickly climbed the wall as if it was nothing. She gave a smile at L.Joe when she was already on top of the wall before jumping down in a flash.

L.Joe raised an amused eyebrow at the rare sight. That girl sure is something else. So, there’s still a girl like her in this world. Let’s just hope she’s really different.

 

 

 

 

;I'm going to be real busy starting now so I'm sorry in advance for my lack of updates.