[oo5.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

 

Hyesun strode off to the school’s office and met with her homeroom teacher. After filling in a form about personal information, she followed the middle-aged teacher to her brand new class. After walking for a few minutes, she finally arrived at her supposed-to-be class. She looked at the teacher whose name was Mrs. Pyo and Mrs. Pyo nodded her head at her, motioning her to follow into the class.

Hyesun followed the teacher into the class with nervous steps. This experience was totally new for her; becoming a new student. She wasn’t sure what kind of reaction would they be giving her. Man, this is nerve-wrecking much. Why did I even agree to do this in the first place? Right, it was my idea. I’m such a genius.

One step. Two steps. Three steps. And she could already feel eyes staring at her.

“Good morning, students,” Mrs. Pyo greeted as she placed her stuffs on the table.

“Good morning, teacher,” the students stood up.

“You may sit,” Mrs. Pyo gestured them to sit, “Okay class, we’ll be receiving a new student from today onwards.  Please introduce yourself to the class,” she gestured the young girl.

Hyesun bowed to her new classmates and smiled, “Hi, my name is Jeon Hyesun. I hope we can grow close,” she sincerely said.

“Hyesun, you can take the place in the middle of Byunghun and Naeun. LeeByunghun, Son Naeun, raise your hands,” Mrs. Pyo instructed.

A girl eagerly put her hand in the air. The boy; who was too busy staring out the window, lazily raised his hand before dropping it in a second. He didn’t even look to the front.

Some delinquent he is. But why does his name sound familiar? She thought as she walked to her seat; next to that Byunghun guy on her left and a girl with long and straight black hair on her right. She took a second to glance at her nametag, Son Naeun. What a beautiful name for a strikingly pretty girl.

Hyesun turned her gaze at the boy next to her and she didn’t expect him to look at her at the same time. She gasped but tried to control her expression when she recognised who the boy was. It was L.Joe. No wonder that Byunghun name sounded familiar! It was really him. Thank God for making it easier for me. Now I don’t have to chase him around the school because he is just right next to me! She curved a smile at him but right to her expectation, he didn’t even bother to smile back at her and continue staring outside.

That’s okay, Lee Byunghun. We’ll see how long are you going to ignore me.

Mrs. Pyo’s class had ended. Just when she walked off the class, the girl in front of Hyesun quickly turned her head at Hyesun and she smiled brightly, “Hi, I’m Kwon Mina! You can call me Mina and one fact you need to know about me, I think I’m the prettiest out of all students in this school,” she said. She does look flawless in Hyesun’s eyes. If Naeun is pretty, then Mina is more to the definition of adorable.

“Stop it, Kwon Mina. You know how much I want to punch you in the face whenever you say that,” a voice said besides Hyesun. It was Naeun.

“What’s wrong with me being pretty? Besides I’m sure Hyesun wants to befriend with me right?” Mina asked the girl.

Naeun didn’t answer her yet turn to look at Hyesun, “You might regret yourself being friend with her. You still have time to say no and befriend with me instead.”

“Son Naeun! Stop being such a jealous freak for once, can’t you?” Mina huffed as she glared at Naeun.

Naeun smirked at the girl, “I’m just stating what’s obvious.”

Hyesun had to meddle in when she saw how the two girls fought, “Whoa there, keep calm, girls. I would love to befriend with the both of you,” she smiled stiffly.

Right at the exact moment, Mina and Naeun high-fived each other in front of Hyesun which made the girl blinked in confusion. Just now they had a little fight and now...?

“It’s good to have you with us. I hope we can get close and closer!” Mina winked at the still confused Hyesun.

“Yeah, I hope you won’t turn your backs on us,” Naeun interjected which made Mina sent her a warning glare.

“What does that suppose to mean?” Hyesun asked in curiosity.

“Well, a lot of things had happened to the both of us so we really hope you’re sincere to be our friend,” Mina answered with her adorable smile.

Hyesun nodded, “Of course I am. I’m really scared if people won’t like me so I’m glad that you two welcome me as your new friend.”

“Glad to hear that. But one thing that you need to bear with is the both of us bicker a lot so your patience is needed,” Naeun noted as she grabbed Mina who was a few inches shorter than her by the shoulder.

Hyesun smiled at the two. I’m glad that I made new friends today. But I’ll start my real mission soon. She briefly thought as her eyes went to her left side; where L.Joe was still staring outside the window. Just like the guys in mangas. She mentally smacked herself for thinking of that. She really needed to stop praising L.Joe!

 

 

A long day of school had ended. Students rushed out the class as loud chattering could be heard. Hyesun was still in the class; managing her stuffs.

“We’re going to wait for you at the school gate, is that okay?” Naeun asked when she noticed Hyesun was still organizing her stuffs.

Hyesun gave a small smile at the girl, “Nah, it’s okay. Don’t wait for me. You two can just go home.”

“Alright then, we’ll get going first,” Mina told as she held Naeun’s arm.

Hyesun nodded her head, “Alright. Be home safely,” she said as the both of her new friends waved at her from the door. She waved back at them with a small smile. She finished zipping up her bag and her eyes fell to the boy next to her table.

He had his head on the table and he made his arms as his sleeping pillow. With a deep breath, Hyesun approached his table. She poked him once with her index finger. Just then, she lightly shook his body to make him wake up.

She continued to do so as she softly said in his ear, “Byunghun, school is over. Wake up now and go home.”

L.Joe felt ticklish in his ear which made him wake up from his long nap. He raised his head up and his eyes met a foreign pair of eyes. He swore he thought his heart just skipped a beat just by looking at the eyes and realised there was barely a gap between him and Hyesun until his nose touched hers. He stood up from his seat immediately and cleared his throat.

“What are you doing?” he asked as the coldness in his tone came back.

Hyesun tried to pretend all innocent in front of him, “Just waking you up. Why? You don’t like it?”

At instance, L.Joe fished out his phone from his pocket and looked at the watch. Why didn’t his friends come yet to wake him up? Or at least sent him a text like they usually did? Those traitors... Now I have to face this new girl.

“Are you angry at me for waking you up?” she asked again after seeing no reaction from him.

L.Joe looked at her with his emotionless face, “Thanks. But next time, just leave me alone,” his gaze fell on his bag and he took his stuffs and stuffed them in his bag. He slung his bag on his shoulder and was ready to leave the stunned girl there before both of them heard noisy voices.

A boy with a baby-faced look was seen, “L.Joe, time to wake—oh God! You’re awake!”

A cooler looking boy stepped inside the class as he smirked, “Who’s this girl? I’ve never seen her before.”

“Stop with your player attitude, kid. I can’t believe L.Joe is dating in the class after school. Sounds scandalous,” a skinny and tall boy with thick lips said.

“Who woke you up, though?” another boy asked.

Hyesun gaped at the question. Is that even legit to ask? How can sleeping things be a heavy matter to them?

“Having a pretty girl next to him, I doubt it if he even sleeps,” the smirking boy teased.

“Choi Changjo, stop it. First of all, I’m not even sure who’s this girl and I have my peaceful sleep as usual. And she’s the one who woke me up,” he answered. He didn’t sound please with the idea of a girl waking him up.

The first boy immediately came to Hyesun, “You did?! Oh my God, I’m so glad! Finally there’s someone else who would take our job! It’s so hard to wake him up, right? Sometimes I feel like leaving him alone in school because he’s such a heavy sleeper! But I can’t do that because he always threatens me saying he’ll make me regret for living if I ever ditch him,” the boy spoke in a breath which left him breathless at the end of his sentence.

“Don’t you ever dare, Ricky,” a threatening voice said who belongs to L.Joe.

“See what I’m saying?! He’s such a monster—” Ricky couldn’t continue talking when L.Joe’s bag landed on his face.

“Let’s get home,” L.Joe announced to his friends casually.

Changjo raised a brow, “What about this pretty lady?”

“I’m sure she can manage herself well,” L.Joe nonchalantly answered as he already walked off to leave the class. The boy who seemed to have the same height as L.Joe followed suit.

“Forgive L.Joe for being L.Joe. By the way, I’m Niel and I’m going to meet you; soon or later,” the guy with thick lips winked at her as he followed his group of friends.

Nice friends you got there, L.Joe. But where’s the other one though? Right, in college obviously. Getting along with your friends doesn’t sound like a bad idea because I can get closer to you in the same time. Jeon Hyesun, you’re a genius!