[o21.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

All students in the homeroom looked confused when their homeroom teacher; Mrs. Pyo walked into the class since the first period is supposed to be Social Studies; which is taught by Mr. Yoo.

A voice belongs to their homeroom monitor spoke, “Mrs. Pyo, is Mr. Yoo absent or something?”

The female teacher looked at the asking student before shaking her head, “No. I just want to inform you students that all periods before lunch time are cancelled-”

Without letting the teacher finished her sentence, the class immediately went noisy due to excitement. Come on, what kind of student is not happy to be hearing class is cancelled?

Mrs. Pyo sighed before slamming her book on the table, “Shut up or else all of you are going to stand outside for an hour with your front facing the wall!”

The rowdy class fell silent after hearing the teacher. They gave a timid look; telling Mrs. Pyo to continue.

“Our school is going to be against Kinhwa High School for a basketball match in an hour. I believe you all know that Kinhwa High is a long-time winning team in the district so all students are needed to be in the gymnasium to give supports to our basketball team. For those who skip the match is going to be punished so even if you don’t want to watch the match, be careful on picking your hideout or else, I can’t even be sure what Mr. Zhao is going to do for the caught students,” Mrs. Pyo shrugged. She knew some of the students were planning to skip the match and even running away from school.

The students shivered at the mention of the Chinese disciplinary teacher. That teacher is scary as freak and he gives out the cold and killing aura to the students. That’s why when they made mistakes once, 99.9% of the chance of breaking school’s law again is nil.

“You may go to the gymnasium now. Have fun watching the match!” Mrs. Pyo said with a small smile before walking out the class.

The students started to leave their seats one by one to head to the school’s gymnasium. Some of the girls squealed and couldn’t even talk properly due to too much fangirling.

“Oh God, guess what? I heard Kinhwa’s basketball team consists of a bunch of hotshots!” a girl said in a loud voice.

“Girl, you’re so late! They’re like the most handsome basketball players in the country! I swear you’re going to forget how to breathe once you see them!” another girl exaggerated.

“People have been saying their captain is filthy rich, filthy handsome and even has filthy attitude!” a girl’s voice giggled.

“Lord, bad boy is so my type!” another one replied.

Hyesun rolled her eyes as she patiently walked behind the girls, “My ears are so going to bleed because of these girls. I should take a seat which is far away from them,” she mumbled to herself.

“You should avoid yourself from sitting in a section where there are girls everywhere. I bet your ears are going to bleed right on cue,” L.Joe chuckled next to her.

Hyesun also chuckled, “Thanks for the advice. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. By the way, I thought basketball is your thing?”

L.Joe raised a questioning brow at her question, “And your point?”

“Why aren’t you in the school’s basketball team? You played pretty amazing the other day,” she stated honestly.

The boy lightly cackled, “I have to admit I love basketball. But my skills are nowhere compared to the others so saying basketball is my thing is like an overstatement?”

“Seriously? Then those who play for the team must be great. But I’m confident you actually deserve a spot in the team,” she added.

“You know the word ‘passion’? That’s why I didn’t try to join the basketball team; because I believe there are others who are way passionate about playing basketball than me in this school. Besides, their practices are insane and I just hate it. In the end, I figured out basketball is only a fun to me; not a passion,” he made it clear to her so she wouldn’t say or ask anything else.

“Fine if that’s what you say,” Hyesun thought it was safe to just close the topic.

Soon, they arrived at the gymnasium. Most students were already there and there were only a few empty seats left.

“L.Joe, Hyesunoona, here!” a chirpy voice hollered.

Hyesun’s eyes darted to a waving kid and apparently it was Ricky. Changjo flashed a ‘peace’ sign while Niel gave a smug smile. For Chunji—he was just being himself.

Both of Hyesun and L.Joe made way to the seats. They sat next to each other as at Hyesun’s right was Ricky. The two chattered together and sometimes interfered by Niel or Changjo. Hyesun’s constant laughter and giggles made L.Joe couldn’t help but to always side-eyeing his friends.

Just then, the crowd started to cheer and scream. In the court, the two teams were making their ways while waving at the audiences.

L.Joe glanced at Hyesun and Ricky to see the both of them were still busy talking. Clearing his throat, he said rather emotionlessly, “The game’s about to start. Get your eyes to the front.”

Changjo tch-ed, “Someone’s being grumpy about his friend talking to his girl.”

 

 

Soon, the match was over and of course the winning team is none other than the great Kinhwa High School. Kinhwa’s supporters came out from the gymnasium with loud cheers while some of Doguk students scowled at their acts. Soon, the Kinhwa players also came out from the gymnasium and girl students started to squeal annoyingly which gave another reason for the boy students to scowl non-stop. 

Hyesun made an irked face, “Seriously, are those players that hot?” she asked; more to herself. She didn’t get a clear view earlier because she didn’t wear her contact lens that day. Besides, she wasn’t paying attention to the game since she was busy talking to Ricky, Changjo and Niel. She didn’t even hear their names mentioned by the commentator.

“I think we are loads hotter than them,” Niel; who was walking behind Hyesun smugly answered.

“Besides, they’re not only players in court, even out of the court. I don’t get why girls are crazy over such jerks,” Changjo stated; annoyed.

Just then, explosive screams erupted again in the walking crowd. Hyesun had to cover her ears because she didn’t want to go deaf; at least not yet. She figured out those girls were screaming because those Kinhwa players were walking towards them from the opposite direction. Her eyes went to look at those ‘perfections’ and her legs were abruptly glued on the ground. She couldn’t move at the moment and her heart felt like stopping or maybe it already did. The blood on her face totally drained and she looked pale as ever.

Niel; who was talking to Ricky didn’t realise Hyesun had halted her steps and he accidentally bumped onto Hyesun’s back, “Eh, why don’t you move?” he asked as he peeked on her from her shoulder.

Ricky widened his eyes in disbelief, “Don’t tell me Hyesunoona is mesmerised by them too!” he gaped in horror.

Hearing what Ricky said, L.Joe immediately checked on the girl. He thought it was weird how pale her face was, “Are you okay?” he asked as he softly shook her shoulder.

Hyesun snapped out of her thoughts as she looked at L.Joe with anxious eyes, “I’m sorry but I think I need to go to the restroom,” she said before running to the restroom which is located near the gymnasium.

Before L.Joe and the other Teen Top could do anything further, a guy ran passed them which made the hallway fill with girls’ screams again. They took notice it was Kinhwa’s main swingman, Lee Hongbin who just ran passed them in a flash.

The other Kinhwa players; Mark Tuan, Kim Taehyung, Jo Youngmin and Oh Sehun looked at each other in confusion seeing how Hongbin ditched them. Not too long after, Mark received a text from Hongbin which read; Tell coach that I have things to settle here. You guys can go back without me.

Without wasting much times, Mark showed the text to the coach, “Hey coach, might want to read this.”

The coach sighed in response after reading Hongbin’s text on Mark’s phone, “Just what else is this kid doing now?”

Mark shrugged. He couldn’t figure out what his best friend was about to do too. Before Hongbin suddenly sprinted off from them, he could see the best shooter had a shocked expression on his face as he muttered a name. Mark thought about it for awhile but when a thought came up his mind, he immediately shook it off. No way...

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for the lack of creativity in this chapter =_=