[oo3.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

“I’m so dead if Infinite finds out that I bring you here!” Sungjong just couldn’t stop nagging ever since they were on their way there.

“As if I’m not dead if Kyungri knows that I come here!” Hyesun hissed back at the boy.

“Okay, I’ve decided! We are going home,” Sungjong said the word one by one to Hyesun as he grabbed the girl’s hand to drag her out of the place.

Instead, she was the one who pulled him together with her, “Since we’ve already arrived here, we are going in,” she decided as she firmly gripped his hand.

“This feels like some sort of suicide attempt, you know that?!” the boy whined, “I can’t do this. I’ll be in real trouble if they know about this. I can’t risk my whole life just because of someone who doesn’t worth it! Let’s go home, shall we?”

Hyesun glared at the whiny boy, “Then you can go home by your own, I’m going in,” she firmly stated as she turned away from him and moved her feet forwards.

Sungjong managed to grab her arm again, “If they know that I let you in by your own, I should really write my last will tonight,” he sighed as he finally agreed, “Fine, we are going in. But after you know what you want to know, we will go home as fast as we can, deal?”

Hyesun grimaced as she nodded her head, “Sure. Now, let’s go!”

As they went inside, Hyesun already made a face which clearly read ‘say no to clubs, everyone.’ The music, people, loudness totally paralyzed her mind.

Sungjong chose a hidden spot for the both of them because he was afraid that someone would recognise him as an Infinite member. He wore his cap really low which even covered his eyes that night. He put two drinks on their table and gestured Hyesun to drink it.

Hyesun stared at the drink and looked at her best friend with a cautious look, “This drink isn’t spiked right?”

“I chose the most innocent drink for you so just drink it without further questions,” he ordered.

She snorted at him as she sipped the drink with a straw. Her eyes followed each of the persons she saw in the club to look for him. Looking back at Sungjong, she asked, “Where’s him?”

Sungjong lifted up his cap so his eyes could freely see everything. His eyeballs moved for awhile before stopping and he smirked when he finally found ‘him’ that Hyesun was looking for, “That’s him.”

“Where?” she asked when he didn’t point anything to her.

“2 o’clock,” Sungjong simply stated as he lowered his cap again.

Her eyes wandered around for the clock direction and stopped at six young males, “Which one of them?”

“The shortest one,” Sungjong shortly replied.

Hyesun grunted at his reply, “How do I acknowledge it when they’re sitting down? Besides, who knows if they’re wearing insoles,” she said.

“The one with the red jacket, that’s L.Joe,” Sungjong pointed out.

Hyesun smiled; or maybe more to a smirk when she finally recognised which one was L.Joe. Her eyes studied him for quite long. He was not bad after all, I mean his face. A good-looking one and he seems to have a bomb of hotness—okay I should praising. She mentally scolded herself. Just then, she saw him getting up from his seat. An idea lightened up her mind.

“Maybe I should do a brief introduction to him?” her eyebrow lifted upwards as she untied her hair and let it flowed. She stood up from her seat and fixed her hair.

Sungjong stared at her worriedly, “What are you up to?”

She winked at him, “Just watch,” she then confidently walked towards L.Joe.

She walked against his direction and pretended to look around when they were so close to each other and that was when she purposely bumped her shoulder with his which shocked the male. She pretended to agape at the situation and she looked at him for a brief second, “I’m sorry for bumping onto you,” she apologised in the sweetest voice that she had ever used in her entire life.

She bowed at him before turning on her heels to the direction that she came from earlier. From the corner of her eyes, she could see how stunned L.Joe looked like even though she noticed that he was about to get upset when she first bumped onto him. She went back to her table and settled down as she grinned at Sungjong, “How was my introduction?”

The male gave a shrug at her, “Cliché and not amusing.”

 

 

L.Joe straightly went home after hanging out with his best friends; Teen Top at an underground club. He parked his motorcycle at the garage and walked inside his house. Just when he took one step inside, he already heard yells and shouts even though it was already late. It was so unpleasant to his ears.

“Will you ever stop seeing those women?!”

“Who are you to tell me what to do and whatnot?”

“I’ve been your wife for 19 years and if you’re still going to see those cheap women, then divorce me!”

A hoarse laughter was heard, “You keep asking me for divorce. Are you sure that you want to be divorced?”

“I’m tired of living in your life, Lee Bonghyun! I’ve had enough of being your wife whom you treated like !” a woman shouted.

“Seriously, Hwang Taeeun. I’ve been listening to your craps for years. Asking me for divorce saying you’re tired of my s but then look at you! You’re no better from me either! I know you’re just making up excuses as if I’m the one to blame when you’re at fault too!”

“What are you implying? I’m no better from you? That would be an embarrassing insult,” Mrs. Lee spat.

“As if I don’t know what you’ve been doing all this time! If you think you won’t get caught, then forget it. I saw it with my own two eyes! Having young males as your companion, you’re no joke. You spend my money on them so it’s not wrong for me to spend my own money on those women. At least it’s my own money,” Mr. Lee sardonically said.

“And now you’re bringing that up as a weapon against me?”

“Probably yes? Remember Taeeun, you’re nothing without my money. Who are you even to begin with? You’re a woman whom living by selling her body. Pathetic much?” Mr. Lee smirked.

She hated it whenever he brought up about her past occupation into their argument. Just when she was about to shoot him back, a crashing sound was heard.

It was L.Joe; who was throwing all the photo frames on the table onto the hard floor of tiles. Realizing two pair of eyes were glued at him, he looked up and sent a hurtful smirk to his parents, “What is family? Right, our family is nothing but broken,” he said as his eyes fell to the frames that he just destroyed.

“That’s how perfectly our family looks like,” his gaze didn’t leave the scattered frames and pieces of glasses were everywhere on the floor.

His parents went silent at what they just saw and heard from their only child. They knew L.Joe despised their fights a lot but there was nothing they could do to fix themselves; to be better parents to their son. Amusing on how they knew they were such bad parents but didn’t make an effort to serve their child better. All these times, they only cared for themselves and didn’t care on how L.Joe was suffering. They would never be there for him through everything he went through which led him to being a rebel.

Feeling agitated and tired, L.Joe walked passed his parents but his mother grabbed his arm, “Byunghun—” he pulled his arm away and stormed towards his room.

L.Joe slammed the door shut which produced a screaming sound and locked it. He put his wallet and motorcycle’s key on the night table before lying across his bed. His mind flew back to what happened at the club earlier.

Her lavender scent, her twinkling voice muttering an apology to him, her beautiful long wavy hair; everything about her amazed him. Too bad he didn’t get to catch a glimpse on her face because her face was partly covered with her hair. He must admit that the mysterious girl somehow did shake his heart just by her captivating appearance.

L.Joe chuckled to himself. There were loads of pretty girls at his school but how could he be attracted to a girl whom he didn’t even know? The incident only took place around a minute so how was this possible? He didn’t even sure if he could meet her again after this but it seemed like a huge no.

“What have gotten into you, L.Joe? Something is off with me tonight,” he lightly smacked his forehead with his palm as he tried to shake the thought away. There was no way he just thought of some random girl, didn’t he?

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                            {}

 

Your silence hurts me u.u