[o24.

It Hurts to Hurt You

“Alright guys, ten minutes break!” Sunggyu said out loud as he pressed stop on the CD player button.

The seven of them immediately grabbed their own water bottle and gulped down the water in a go; as everyone was exhausted due to the non-stop practice.

Dongwoo threw small towels to all of them as they immediately swept away their perspiration sweats formed on their forehead and whole face.

Both Sungyeol and Woohyun were already lying down on the floor. And next, Sungjong immediately lied down on Sungyeol’s leg.

“Lee Sungjong! Do you know how heavy your head is?!” Sungyeol shouted as he pushed the younger’s head.

Sungjong got up and slapped Sungyeol’s thigh hard as he mumbled a word, “Cheap-.”

The youngest among the seven then went to Woohyun and as he was about to put his head on Woohyun’s thigh, the latter avoided him which resulted in Sungjong’s head knocking the floor.

“Ark my head!” he screamed as he quickly rubbed his head. He threw not only his glare, even the empty water bottle to Woohyun, “You should have told me!”

Woohyun managed to avoid his weak throw and gave him an ‘as-if-I-care’ face, “Sorry not sorry, weakling.”

Sungjong huffed, annoyed as he stomped his feet while walking to show his frustration. The other six were just sniggering at his childish act.

The door then burst opened, showing a slender figure. All eyes in the room were fixated on the girl. They showed no reactions in their face as they only stared at her.

“Hello? Nobody is going to say hi at me?” Hyesun asked with raised eyebrows as she did a slow wave, “Great. I feel so unwelcome,” she mumbled as she pressed her lips into a thin line.

Just before she could even finish her sigh, someone threw his arms at her, “I miss you so much, Hyesunnie!”

Hyesun smiled at the grinning Dongwoo, “I miss you loads!” she replied before turning her attention away to the others, “and of course I miss—ahh!” she couldn’t get to finish her sentence as she felt her body was flying in the air.

She held tightly onto the person’s arms, who was lifting her up and she could immediately tell who was it, “Lee Howon, put me down on the ground now!” she shrieked.

“Nope, I’m going to make you go all dizzy and fuzzy first!” with that, Hoya started to spin around which earned another scream and even hits from Hyesun.

“This is not funny! Why isn’t anyone helping me?! Get me off of this man!” Hyesun said rapidly.

Sunggyu only laughed at the scene, “I’m sorry, my dear, but I won’t help you this time because it’s so fun to see you looking helpless like that,” he said just to hear another grunt from the girl.

Hyesun started to feel real dizzy and it wasn’t only her, but also Hoya, “Okay, I’m starting to feel dizzy now I swear I just saw three Dongwoo earlier and I’m sorry in advance if I accidentally drop you—” he blinked his eyes numerous times but he kept his body spinning but to a slower speed this time around.

The girl’s eyes were enlarging two times bigger than usual, “Don’t you ever drop me or I won’t forgive you for the rest of my life, I swear to god—ahh!!!” that was it. She was about to fall exactly like how a papaya fruit falls from the tree to the ground.

The boys looked at the scene that was going to take over in front of them with horror reactions.

Sungyeol’s mouth formed a big ‘O’, so did his eyes, “Holy-shhh—”

Everything happened too fast. Within seconds, Hyesun knew she was already lying down on the floor; however being on top of someone and even in his protecting grasp.

“You okay?” asked a mellow voice.

Hyesun opened her eyes to find L’s gorgeous face right in front of her face. She blinked for a few seconds before nodding her head, “O...kay, I’m okay.”

L opened his mouth to speak again only to be interrupted by the others’ booming voices.

“Jeon Hyesun, are you hurt?!” Sungyeol squeaked.

“Let me see if our Hyesun gets any bruises!” Woohyun went nearer and pulled Hyesun up from L’s body as the girl only followed his every step obediently.

He cupped Hyesun’s face, making the latter looked like a flower-horn fish and scanning her from top to bottom before plucking his fingers in front of her face, “You okay?” he asked, still not letting go of her face from his two palms.

The girl only managed to nod her head as a reply to his question.

“You don’t get a concussion?” Woohyun asked again and this time, he put his hand on her head and her hair.

Within a second, Hyesun knocked Woohyun’s head with her knuckle, “No, you idiot. Do you now?”

“That hurts! Our Hyesun is so bad!” Woohyun purposely whined like a kid and even pouted.

The others of Infinite cringed at the sight of pouting Woohyun. Sungjong quickly looked away from the scene with rolling eyes.

“You alright, Myung?” Dongwoo’s voice made the people in the room shifted their attention to the said male.

L got up with the help of Dongwoo and briskly nodded his head, “I’m okay,” he answered, his eyes weren’t leaving Hyesun.

“Wait, how about Hoya?” Sungyeol asked, breaking the attention on L.

Sungjong shortly pointed at a corner of the studio with a tugging smile.

“Are you sure he’s only dizzy because I swear he’s acting as if he’s freaking drunk and crazy! Why the hell was I even there and now he’s on top of me not even showing a sign to get up like seriously who does this moron think he is by treating me this way! And help me get of this idiot off of me because he’s so heavy like a log!” Sunggyu nagged as he raised his hand up and waved it to the others in the studio, asking for help.

No one went to help the helpless leader, yet all of them burst into big laughter.

Still laughing, Sungjong took out his phone, “Hold on. I need to record this precious moment,” he smirked as he started recording on his phone.

“Lee Sungjong, you’re so dead! I’m going to throw your phone to the sea later, I swear!!!” Sunggyu had really lost his rationality, especially after even Sungyeol joined Sungjong by taking a selfie near the poor hamster.

Sungyeol looked at the selfie he took, “Man, you guys look as if you’re having a very intimate moment, you know,” he said as he shook his phone in front of Sunggyu.

Sunggyu tried to reach for the tall’s phone but miserably failed, “Damn it, Lee Sungyeol!” he shouted for the nth times that evening. Frustrated and embarrassed, Sunggyu pushed Hoya violently using all of his energy if that was even possible. After some time that felt like forever, he finally managed to get Hoya off of him as the latter was thrown onto the floor, lying like a log.

Just then, all of them heard a loud snore. All eyes following the source of the snore, Sunggyu was the first one to burst out.

“What the hell?! He actually fell asleep like how the hell?!”

 

 

 

The next tomorrow, right after school, Hyesun immediately went to Infinite’s dance studio with a wide smile on her lips. She couldn’t wait any longer to meet the boys because she had something which she sure was interesting enough for the boys to watch.

On her way, she met Sungjong who was also on his way to the studio mid-way. The lad looked shocked to see her, not expecting them to go to the same direction.

“Not spending your time with him today?” he asked with cocked eyebrows.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out who was him that Sungjong was referring. Hyesun gave a look at the boy, “He’s not that important for me to be spending all my time for him alone.”

“But you still have an important mission to be achieved and it involves him so he’s important,” Sungjong said in a matter-of-factly tone.

The girl grunted in response, “Seriously, what do you guys want? First, you told me I no longer care for you guys because I haven’t been coming often then now that I’m hanging out with you guys, you want me to go back to him like, what the hell do you want?” her eyes were glaring daggers at the youngest of Infinite.

Sungjong kept quiet for a few seconds before apologizing, “Okay, don’t get mad. Look, I’m sorry but I’m just curious about how is your relationship with him so far. Does he show any signs that he might have liked you or anything, like care for you more than he cares for anyone else?” he carefully asked as he studied Hyesun’s expression.

Hyesun bit her lips. I think I’m the only who’s starting to care about him. She looked at Sungjong, who was waiting for her reply before saying, “To be honest, I’m not really sure. I’m not that experienced in love thingy...” except for a very painful break-up, “... but yeah, he does look like he cares for me a lot more than before.”

“That sounds quite good already. Keep it up, Hyesun. He’ll be in your hands soon, I’m pretty sure,” Sungjong punched her arm lightly. Well, even if he punched it hard, it wasn’t like he had a strong hand to begin with...

Hyesun only smiled without saying anything. Just then, her phone vibrated in her pocket. She took it out to find L.Joe had sent her a message. She opened the message.

 

From: L.Joe

You did not just go home without me girl. Now I’m angry. I really am, Jeon Hyesun.

 

Hyesun chuckled at the message and she knew L.Joe wasn’t angry at all. She quickly typed back a reply.

 

From: Hyesun

Too bad, I did. Oops our L.Joe is angry? Should I say sorry?

 

From: L.Joe

If you want to express your sorry, I would love to see actions instead of words.

 

Hyesun raised her eyebrow at his reply.

 

From: Hyesun

Like what?

 

From: L.Joe

Give me a kiss on the lips?

 

Hyesun’s eyes rounded at the message. Did he seriously say that?! Little did she know, she was already blushing. Just then, another message came from the same sender.

 

From: L.Joe

I’m sorry I swear I didn’t type that! It was Ricky and Niel. Urgh seriously, those rascals. Hold on, I need to slit their throats!

 

Hyesun chuckled as she read the message again. She was certain that L.Joe might have been chasing the two right now while cursing at them. She already had that image in her mind.

Sungjong, who had been looking at her every action finally spoke, “You’re messaging with him?” he asked, his eyes were unreadable. It wasn’t anger, but it was something else.

For a second, Hyesun forgot the fact that Sungjong was present besides her. She looked at him, “Y-Yeah,” she looked away to find that they were already there, in front of Infinite’s dance studio.

Sungjong pushed the door of the studio but he hadn’t entered yet. He gave one last look at the girl, “If I didn’t know, I might have thought those expressions you had while messaging with him were real,” with that, he entered the studio, leaving the girl outside alone.

Hyesun felt her heart beating faster than usual. She knew Sungjong must have caught her. She looked at the door in front of her with a faraway look. Sometimes, I can’t help myself but to actually feel genuine about L.Joe. I’m not hundred percent faking myself around him but- She stopped herself from thinking deeper about it as she pushed the door opened.

“Took you long enough to actually open the door,” Sungjong mumbled but she could still hear it.

“Our Hyesun is here!” as always, Dongwoo was the first one to run to her or said something about her presence in the group.

“Hi people!” Hyesun smiled, her eyes twinkling. She decided to forget her little conversation with Sungjong earlier.

Hoya noticed how her eyes seemed different today. They were twinkling; in a mischievous way, “Is it only me but you really are happy today? It’s not that type of happy when you pass your test or place top in grade but rather, as if you do something which I believe is quite—naughty?”

Hyesun chuckled, “You’re so good at guessing, Lee Howon! Hey boys, I have something to show you guys!” she hollered; calling the boys to gather at her.

The males stopped doing whatsoever they were doing at the moment and went to the only girl in the studio, all wearing the same questioning expression.

“What do you have for us, Hyesun?” Sunggyu asked curiously.

“Something that is really helpful,” the girl answered, making the boys grew more curious. She then looked around, “Where’s your laptop?” the question was directed to Sungyeol.

“Do you want to use it?” the asked male asked back.

“Yeah, or else I can’t show you guys what do I have,” she shrugged.

“Hold on, I need to turn it on,” he said before going to his backpack and getting his laptop out. Within a few minutes, he gave his laptop to Hyesun, “Here.”

Hyesun carefully took the laptop from Sungyeol’s hands before putting the laptop on the table. She took out her phone together with a USB wire and she connected the USB connector with her phone before placing the USB wire at the laptop port. She did a few clicks and looked at the boys, “You guys ready?”

Infinite nodded their heads in-sync which made the girl chuckle, “Alright, here we go.”

Just then, a video started playing on the screen. Six familiar figures were now on the screen for god knows what and why. Some of them were seen shouting.

“Get into positions, guys!”

“Stop touching my hair, you idiot!”

“You should stand there, not here, freak!”

“Be quiet the music is played already!”

“This is for our Hyesunoona!”

Hyesun could feel seven eyes were boring onto her heads, “Any questions can be asked after we finish watching this, alright?”

Infinite stayed silent throughout the whole video, which was quite surprising for Hyesun. But there would be certain times where they let out a few words. The lass knew they were intently studying every movement of the boys in the video. Just then, the screen went dark, signalling that the video had finished.

“What was that?” without waiting for any longer, L quickly threw his question to the girl.

“Teen Top’s choreography for the next battle,” Hyesun answered as if it was no big deal.

“Why would you let us watch it though?” Woohyun asked, he sounded uncomfortable.

“I figured that if you guys watch it, which you did, then it’s an advantage to you because you have known their choreography so you can create a way better one than theirs and win the battle!” she explained to the boys with a smile. But her smile went to a frown as none of Infinite showed a pleasant expression. It urged her to ask, “What’s wrong? In case if you guys don’t notice, I’m trying to help you guys win the battle—”

“This is wrong,” Sunggyu cut her off.

“What?” Hyesun asked; baffled.

“I don’t want to cheat,” Hoya declared; his voice stern.

“This won’t be considered cheating, though! This is just an... an advantage to you guys,” she said, trying to convince Infinite.

“We want to win fair and square. We can’t use dirty tactics like this, just no,” L proclaimed.

“Sometimes, it’s okay to win just square, without the fairness,” Hyesun said, “Come on, guys! I promise this is the one and only! Besides, you guys haven’t won against them in a long time so that’s why I decided to help, hoping that you can win. I know this can be considered as dirty, but it’s not as bad as if you guys trying to break their bones, burn their dance studio or something. Think of it as you guys accidentally watched them practising and since you guys already knew their whole choreography, maybe you can fix certain parts of your choreography to increase the chance of winning?”

There was a long silence that followed.

“She’s kinda right.”

Six other heads turned to face Hoya. Dongwoo gaped, “You can’t be serious.”

“Maybe we can fix some parts in our choreography now that we’ve known how they are going to perform,” Hoya said. Even though he was reluctant at first, but now that he thought of it, it wasn’t that bad of an idea.

“Even if we agree to Hyesun’s idea, you saw how their choreography was, right? I don’t want to admit it but it was sick! The level of difficulties they used is no joke! And how are we going to create a way amazing move when the battle is only around three days?!” Sungjong voiced out his concern.

“Then, we’re going to use these three days to the fullest,” Sunggyu said.

“You’re agreeing?” Sungyeol asked in disbelief.

“Maybe,” the leader nonchalantly answered.

“I think we can even mock them, you know. We use some of their choreography, but change it better than theirs. We have to make sure they notice the similarity though,” Woohyun smirked.

“Brilliant,” Hoya hi-fived the boy.

But the atmosphere was ruined shortly after.

“I’m not doing it,” L said, he was still with his decision.

“Come on, Myung, don’t ruin this perfect chance for us to win,” Dongwoo said as he slung his arm on the younger’s shoulder.

“If you guys still want to continue with this, then go on. I won’t participate in this battle,” L then went out of the studio, ignoring whatever s said.

Sighing, Hyesun instantly went outside as well. I need to knock some sense into his mind! “L, wait!” she grabbed the male’s wrist.

He didn’t pull away from her and even halt in his track, “You’re not going to make me agree to this whole ridiculousness, Jeon Hyesun,” he said with a stoic expression.

“Oh yes, I will,” she was determined this time to make him agree.

L snorted, “Don’t be so sure.”

Hyesun mimicked him as she snorted back, “Don’t be so sure.”

“You know I hate everything that involves cheating. And why would I do something that I despise? Give me a clear reason why should I participate in this stupid plan of yours,” L demanded, unsatisfied.

“Didn’t I make myself clear already back then?” Hyesun frowned. Besides, she had nothing else to reason. Think of something, Hyesun. You can’t disappoint the other boys! You need to make sure L will still participate.

“I don’t think so,” he saw her struggling expression and by now he knew she had nothing to persuade him. He let go of her hand on his wrist and continued his halted steps before pausing again because of something she said.

“Because... you love me and I also love you?”

 

 

 

 

 

Deep apology for this super late update. Apparently, college isn't going easy with me. It feels like I only have an hour or two a day instead of 24 hours u.u Now that I'm on sem break, let's hope that I'll update diligently :) If there's any errors in this chapter, I'm sorry that's because I'm just too lazy right now but I'm so eager to post this so yeah! I'm sorry once again and do enjoy!