[o20.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

Monday arrived and soon, school is over. Students ran out the class which left the teacher shaking his head. Hyesun was separating her books; since there was a few that she needed to bring home to finish her works and leave the unneeded ones in to be put in the locker. She then walked to the back of the class where the lockers were located. She opened her locker and put the books inside it before walking back to her seat.

“Are you busy after this?”

She quickly turned to look at the voice; which belongs to none other than L.Joe. She shook her head to his question, “Why?”

“Do you want to go somewhere with me?” L.Joe asked; biting his lips.

“Where to? Eating again?” a grin appeared on the girl’s face as she mentioned about eating; expecting him to say yes.

L.Joe chuckled to see how bright her expression, “No, we’re not going to hunt for food. But don’t worry, there would be food there.”

I wonder where does he want to bring me to. But agreeing won’t hurt, right? “Since I’m not busy and you said there’d be food, so why not? Let’s go then!” she enthusiastically said as she hooked her arm with his.

 

 

30 minutes later, they arrived at a small and old warehouse. It doesn’t look like an abandoned one but it doesn’t give Hyesun a good vibe either about the place. She then spotted three motorcycles at the other side. She couldn’t help but to give L.Joe a confused look.

“What place is this and what are we doing here?” she demanded.

“If you want to know, then let’s get inside,” L.Joe simply replied as he walked ahead the still confused girl.

Without another word, Hyesun followed his lead. She carefully made her steps as her eyes moved left and right.

“L.Joe—oh! Hyesunoona!”

Hyesun blinked her eyes when she heard her name; which was added with noona. Her gaze fell to the front to find five males looking at her; three were smiling, one was smirking and the other one had a blank face. She awkwardly smiled as she held up her palm in the air and wiggled it, “Hi?”

“Hyesunoona is so cute when she did that! Can you do that again, please?” Ricky chirped.

“Do what?” Hyesun asked as she looked at L.Joe.

“Don’t really pay attention to Ricky. He’s a weirdo,” CAP; who was sipping his coke said.

“Hundred percent agree,” Changjo sneered.

Ricky jutted out his lower lip at what his friends claimed him as before smiling at Hyesun, “Don’t listen to them, Hyesunoona. They’re just jealous. Hyesunoona, do you want some chicken?”

Hyesun’s eyes glistened to hear the word ‘chicken’, “You got chicken?”

“Of course we have! Let’s go!” with that, Ricky pulled Hyesun’s arm with him.

The dragged girl followed the younger. Her eyes immediately caught the sight of fried chickens, “Whoa!” she mused in delight.

Ricky took one of the chicken drumsticks before giving it to Hyesun, “Eat this, Hyesunoona.”

Hyesun gladly took it from the boy, “Thank you,” with a smile, she bit the chicken.

Sneaking a glance at L.Joe, Ricky turned to look at Hyesun, “Do you want to know something?”

Eyes not leaving the chicken, Hyesun asked, “What is it?”

“You’re the first girl that our L.Joe has brought here. The fact that he takes you to ride with him is surprising enough,” Ricky whisperingly said.

But of course there’d be someone who listened, “You sure are one lucky girl. I believe there must be something in you that attract L.Joe,” CAP said as he sat down next to the girl.

Is that so? I’ve never known I’m this amazing. It feels like I’m getting close to it. “I’m not sure if I understand what you’re trying to convey,” Hyesun laughed; of course a fake one.

CAP smirked, “You’re going to find out real soon; hopefully.”

“Hey guys, let’s play!” Changjo shouted from afar.

Hyesun’s eyes went to where Changjo was standing, “A basketball court?”

Someone came from behind and flashed a smile at Hyesun, “It is. We’re using the best of this warehouse. After we play, I’ll explain about this place to you, okay?” Niel winked at her before running to the court.

Hyesun went to sit nearer to the court so she could see how the boys’ playing. L.Joe, Changjo and Niel are a team while CAP, Chunji and Ricky are the opposite team. She watched their every movement which awed her. Surprisingly, despite being shorter than others, L.Joe seems to be the best in basketball among the six of them. The way he ran, stealing the ball from others, protecting the ball from being stolen, tricking the others and shooting the ball into the basket made she watch him in a complete awe.

The game soon finished and L.Joe’s team won. Hyesun stood up and clapped for them, “Good game, guys!”

The males looked at the girl before looking at each other and smiling. Niel spoke, “It feels refreshing to have someone to compliment our game.”

“Yeah, you should come here often, Hyesunoona,” Ricky grinned.

“If L.Joe doesn’t want to take you, then I’ll willingly fetch you,” CAP gave the girl a mischievous grin.

“Forget it, Bang Minsoo. She can only ride with me,” L.Joe immediately objected.

“I sense someone acting like a protective boyfriend,” Changjo playfully wiggled his eyebrows as he looked up.

L.Joe; who was holding the ball immediately threw it right onto Changjo’s head before it forcefully bounced on Ricky’s arm leaving the two youngest winced in pain.

“You’re so going to get it, L.Joe,” Changjo and Ricky chorused.

“Come at me then, little boys. Niel, give me another ball,” L.Joe gave order to Niel.

Changjo and Ricky looked at each other with anxious looks as they stepped back.

Niel sleazily threw a ball to L.Joe and the ball accidentally hit L.Joe on the shoulder, “Oh damn,” the skinny lad cursed himself.

Cracking his knuckles, L.Joe uttered their names, “Ahn Daniel, Yoo Changhyun, Choi Jonghyun....”

“Run for our life!!” the three mentioned names immediately ran around the warehouse with L.Joe chasing them from behind.

“These embarrassing kids,” CAP sighed before walking away; taking a can of Coke.

Hyesun laughed at the childish scene. Since Infinite are older than Teen Top, the guys sure act their ages and more matured so she barely saw their childishness except for Sungyeol and Sungjong. Those two can fight each other for 24 hours without stopping.

“Hey.”

Hyesun stopped laughing as she changed her gaze to Chunji, “Yes?”

Without smiling, Chunji said, “I don’t know you, we don’t know you and I believe even L.Joe doesn’t know you that much. You might be a good friend to Mina and Naeun but I’m sorry to say this, but I can’t trust you.”

Hyesun was taken aback with his straightforwardness but she tried to show that she wasn’t affected by his words, “What do you mean? Do I look like a liar?” it was bitter to say the word ‘liar’ because she’s being one right now.

“Not really a liar but you give me a fake vibe. I don’t know how to explain it to you but something is off about you, even from the first time I saw you until now. You seem like you’re hiding a big secret behind L.Joe and you don’t seem genuine enough in my eyes to befriend with L.Joe or even with us. What kind of agenda do you have actually?” he blurted out; not giving a damn about how the girl would feel over his words.

Hyesun went silent before breaking into a small laughter, “I’m amused on your impression towards me. Thank you for being honest, I love your guts. Well, I’m wondering too, what agenda do I have? Do you somehow know about it, Mr. Detective?” she mocked.

“We’re discussing a serious matter here. And if that’s how you’re going to talk to me, then I see no reason why should I trust you and why should I let my best friend get closer to a pretender like you,” Chunji snapped.

“Do you expect someone to talk nicely to you when they actually have a bad impression on you? Why not, rather than changing their perspective, just let them believe what they first believed? Accusing me as a pretender? The same goes to you then. You pretend to look okay with my presence around you and your friends but when it’s just the two of us, you show your real colour to me,” not giving in, Hyesun calmly replied him even though her words stung.

Glaring at the girl, Chunji hissed, “We’re talking about you, not me. I can never be wrong about you. For your information, I can read people like an open book. My first impressions towards people are always accurate so I don’t think it will be a false alarm this time. Just tell me, who are you? What do you want from L.Joe?”

Hyesun stared right into Chunji’s eyes as her mind angrily yelled, I want his heart and dump it into the garbage. I want him to feel the same suffering my best friend once felt. I want to ruin his heart and make him a heartless and lifeless living person.

“Looks like the two of you are having an explosive conversation,” not noticing the intensity, Niel butted in.

 

 

Hyesun took the helmet off her head before handing it over to L.Joe, “Thank you for today. I must say that I had fun,” she tiredly smiled.

“I’m glad you do. But are you okay? You seem to be zoning out a lot today,” L.Joe noted.

“R-Really? I’m okay, maybe it’s just your feeling,” Hyesun shrugged it off.

“I guess so. Rest well, I’ll meet you at school tomorrow,” the boy gave a small smile.

Hyesun nodded, “Yeah, see you at school. Good evening,” she waved at him.

With that, L.Joe disappeared from her view. Her eyes emptily looked at the road with a deep sigh.

“Why are you sighing?”

Hyesun looked to her left side and she found a male who was walking towards her as his hands were put in his pockets.

Once the lad stood right in front of her, she inquired with a sad voice, “Can I hug you?”

“Huh?” he couldn’t even give a full response when the girl already had her arms around his waist. The male; or to be exact L, blinked his eyes before he slowly patted her back with his right hand and his other hand was caressing her hair, “Are you okay?”

The girl didn’t say anything for a minute before saying, “Let me just hug you longer, okay?”

Not knowing what else to do, L only nodded his head. Slowly, a smile crept onto his face. How he wished they’ll stay like that forever. He loves how her petite frame fits onto his hug, “I don’t know what makes you sad but please remember this, whenever you’re feeling sad, just come into my hug. I’ll gladly be your huggable superman.”

Hyesun broke the hug and she frowned, “Do you know you’re ruining the moment?”

L looked at her with utter confusion, “What did I do?”

“Out of everything, why Superman?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because....

 

 

  

 

 

 

Thank you for the comments and subscriptions! I'm sorry for not being able to personally thank all of you but trust me, I really appreciate it :)