[oo8.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

Usually, the atmosphere in the dance studio was never this tense and heavy but today, it felt that way. Three penetrating stares were directed to both Hyesun and Sungjong yet no word was spoken which left the two uneasy and nervous. They couldn’t even glance at each other just like how they always did whenever they made something wrong.

“Mind explaining?” a husky voice asked.

Hyesun; who kept her gaze down quickly headed up as the simple question was heard, “Explaining about what?” she daringly asked back at the person who asked the question; Lee Hoya.

“How are you two wearing the same school uniform?” Sungyeol frowned at the guilty two.

“Apparently, I’m studying at the same school as Sungjong?” the only girl bit her lips when she responded to his question.

“As far as I’m concerned, you were not Sungjong’s schoolmate before so what happened?”

Hyesun gulped at the question thrown by L. She looked at him once before turning to look at the other way because his stare was intimidating her and her inner was burning under his stare. God, this is hard.

“We need an answer,” L sternly noted.

Hyesun tried to steal a glance at Sungjong with the corner of her eyes and she realised he was too scared to say anything. She knew she was responsible for this because she was the one who made the plan. Maybe it’s better for me to take all the questions. Slowly, she looked at L who seemed impatient to hear her out, “Is it wrong for me to enrol at the same school as Sungjong?”

L chuckled, “It’s not wrong but it seems wrong that you suddenly enrolled there and you don’t even tell us about it? If you really want to be in the same school with Sungjong, you should have done it in early this year but why did you suddenly feel like changing school when you only have a few months left before graduating?” his question totally put the girl in deep silence.

Seeing how Hyesun couldn’t even answer to L’s question, Sungyeol tried to shoot some possible answers, “Did anyone bully you at your old school? Or you did something wrong which made you transfer? Or you couldn’t understand what the teachers taught you?”

Hyesun sighed, “All wrong,” she said as she turned her head to Sungjong.

Sungjong; who caught her eyes stared back at her. He knew what she was up to. She was about to tell them the truth. He shook his head at her with big eyes. No Hyesun no! It’s not the right time yet to spill about it. We’ll be dead especially me!

The lass ignored his look and again, she sighed, “Fine, I’ll tell you the real reason why I transferred there but don’t ever blame Sungjong about it because it’s all my idea and I’m the one who forced him to join me.”

Hoya knitted his eyebrows, “What idea?”

“I know what happened two years ago. And I know the persons involved,” she said with eyes glued on the stiffen L.

“Did you tell her about it, Lee Sungjong?” L’s voice darkened as he glared at the youngest among the boys.

“Didn’t I tell you not to blame Sungjong on anything?!” the girl said in terror.

“Tell us why are you doing this, Hyesun? I don’t get you. What does what happen two years ago has to do anything with you changing school?” Sungyeol asked in utter confusion before his eyes widened as he gasped, “Unless if you plan to—’’

Hyesun could predict what Sungyeol was thinking and she nodded her head. Sungyeol was the type of person who could figure out and adapt to a situation very quick.

“That’s plain ridiculous!” the tall male shouted seeing how she nodded to him.

“What plan?” L threw in as his eyes went to both Hyesun and Sungyeol in motion.

I can’t believe that they’ll find out this soon. But it doesn’t prove my failure yet. “Yeol got it right. After forcing Sungjong to tell me what happened two years ago, I felt very angry towards what L.Joe did. How did he even dare to backstab his own best friends? To me, he was such a jerk and I don’t think I can let him go just like that. I feel like he doesn’t even deserve to have a peaceful life, so that’s why I come up with a plan; which is to avenge him,” Hyesun finally told the boys.

“What’s that plan of yours?” Hoya curiously asked.

“I want to ruin his heart. I need him to fall for me real bad and when he does, I’m going to dump him and make him feel humiliated,” Hyesun smirked at the end of her sentence.

A cynical chuckle was heard as L spoke, “Don’t be silly, Jeon Hyesun! You’re not going to make it. One more thing, L.Joe is my problem so I should be handling him and it means you shouldn’t interfere at all! Let my deal my own problem my way, okay?” he snapped.

“I’m just trying to help! Besides I don’t like what he had done towards you so why can’t I avenge him for you?” Hyesun hissed back.

“Don’t try to act smart here, Jeon Hyesun. I don’t even tell you to do this for me so don’t do it! Stop with whatever plans you’re thinking about because I’m not amused at all!” it started to be a fight between the two.

“Fine, if you don’t want me to do it for you, then I’m going to do it for myself! And just to let you know, I’m not doing it for your amusement since you won’t allow me to,” she sarcastically responded.

“Stop being so stubborn, will you? I don’t want you to do it because I care for you!” he yelled right on her face.

“And I want to do it because I also care for you!” not even intimidated with the height difference, she bravely looked into his eyes even though she had to look up.

“What is happening over here?”

Three figures stopped walking when they saw and heard some bickering. Three other figures who were already there in the room turned to look at the males who just came in. While for the bickering couple, they didn’t move from their spots as they still stared at each other.

“I warn you, don’t do it,” L menacingly said and he walked away without saying anything else; leaving the room. Less than a minute, a loud vroom was heard.

“What was that, Jin Hyesun?” Sunggyu asked to the only girl who wore an unsatisfied face.

Hyesun groaned to hear his question. Sighing, she explained what she had told the other boys earlier to the three oldest.

Unlike L, Sunggyu’s expression was rather calm, “Are you sure that you’re going to continue with that plan of yours since Myungsoo doesn’t seem to like it at all,” he shrugged.

“I don’t agree as well,” Sungyeol interjected which made Hyesun look at him but he threw his look away from her; frowning.

“To be honest, I don’t like the idea too. L.Joe is dangerous and a girl like you is no match for him. You don’t know what he’s capable of doing and that freak is crazy! Don’t play with him, Hyesun. We don’t want to see you getting hurt,” Woohyun advised the girl. He knew regardless of her strong appearance, she is vulnerable in the inside.

“Can’t you guys agree with me for this time? I know what I’m doing!” she shouted in fury.

“Do you think we would like the idea of exposing you to the danger? We’re saying this for your own sake and because we love you. Getting you in danger and eventually get hurt is the last thing we want to happen,” Dongwoo softly said. He didn’t want to raise his voice at Hyesun because he knew things wouldn’t get better that way.

“Please, let me do things with my way for this time. Thank you for the concern but I know how to handle this. I started this so I need to continue it no matter what. Can’t you guys understand me?” she pleaded the boys with eyes staring at every each of them.

After a few seconds of silence, Sunggyu spoke, “Your choice.”

Hyesun smiled in relief after hearing Sunggyu’s small response, “Group hug, everyone?”

The boys laughed since they all knew Hyesun never accepted their hugs.