[oo2.

It Hurts to Hurt You

 

 

 Two youths were staring at each other deeply as no one broke the eyes contact. The girl raised her eyebrow questioningly as the boy shook his head and wiggled his index finger.

“Come on, Lee Sungjong!” she finally yelled after minutes of staring.

“I said no, Jeon Hyesun!” the skinny lad shouted back.

“Why can’t you tell me you dumb?!” Hyesun angrily asked. She didn’t expect Sungjong to not give in even after minutes. But she knew; he would give up in the end.

“I’m not supposed to tell; besides it’s an old thing. If that’s what L told you, then that’s it that you need to know,” Sungjong argued. He didn’t want to give in to her; at least not yet.

Hyesun laughed cynically before she stopped and stared at Sungjong as if she wanted to eat him, “What do you expect that I would understand from the line ‘We were friends but everything changed because of an incident’? I need to know the details, alright?”

“Why are you being so curious about this? You heard the phrase curiosity killed the cat, right? So don’t ask anymore,” he was tired of her questions.

“Curiosity might kill the cat, but it doesn’t kill me. So, spill,” Hyesun urged as she put her arms across her chest.

“God!!!” he shouted; getting annoyed as he clenched his fists tightly.

Hyesun smirked; knowing he would give in, “Don’t push yourself, Lee Sungjong. Quick, I’m listening.”

Irritated with the girl; so did with himself; Sungjong fanned his face numerous times before he threw a sharp glare at Hyesun, “You won, Jeon Hyesun.”

Hyesun grinned at him, “Tell me everything. Don’t try to leave anything,” she warned.

I’m so dead if Myungsoo finds out about this. Sungjong thought to himself for awhile before starting, “It happened 2 years ago, during our first year of high school. You weren’t at Seoul yet at the moment since you came a year after. Myungsoo and Byunghun were really close; as close as Myungsoo with Sungyeol right now, well they were a trio after all—”

“Excuse me but who the heck is Byunghun?” the girl questioned.

I swear I should start calling him L.Joe. “It’s L.Joe’s real name. But he doesn’t like it though. Forget him, let’s go back to the story. L.Joe was one of us but at that time. We danced together, skate together, practically together in everything. Myungsoo had a girlfriend; her name was Bae Suzy. She always joined us and we were okay with her presence because she wasn’t some sort of annoying and whining girlfriend.

But everything changed when L.Joe told Myungsoo about how fake Suzy was. He told Myungsoo that Suzy was cheating on him and wasn’t as innocent as she seemed to be but Myungsoo didn’t buy that. They had a fight because of that. Myungsoo even accused L.Joe for liking Suzy and wanting to steal her away which I thought was quite true. Myungsoo even brought up some things that was quite sensitive to L.Joe; the things that L.Joe only told to Myungsoo and no one amongst us knew. L.Joe didn’t seem pleased, obviously.

After the fight, L.Joe joined Teen Top and formed a dance crew with them. He suited them better though; shorties. That was the beginning to everything; the rival. After L.Joe left, we named our group as Infinite and we had a dance battle with Teen Top. We won our first battle and L.Joe looked the most unsatisfied amongst Teen Top.

Later on that night, we went to celebrate our win. Myungsoo was calling Suzy telling her about the win and celebration before all of us heard screams from Suzy on the phone. We rushed to where Suzy was at and when we arrived, we found Suzy lifelessly lying on the ground with blood all over her body. It was one terrifying scene to watch,” Sungjong sighed as he paused momentarily. It had been 2 years but he couldn’t erase the scene in his mind.

Hyesun gulped to hear the story, “W-What happened next?”

“Just before her death, the last word that she muttered was.... L.Joe,” Sungjong ended the story there.

“Don’t tell me L.Joe killed her?” Hyesun questioned in shock. Did L.Joe really kill Suzy? That sounded almost impossible but then again, everything is possible in this broken world.

“We don’t want to believe it that way but we don’t even know. But Myungsoo thinks L.Joe is the killer. He believes L.Joe was responsible for Suzy’s death. But to the police, the case was closed because no proof was found. Besides, no one in Suzy’s family wanted to bring up the case to the court,” Sungjong shrugged.

“That was crazy. But why does Myungsoo believe L.Joe was behind the murder?” Hyesun asked.

“L.Joe left something very important at the murder place; as if it was a sign. It was a ring; his friendship ring with Myungsoo. That was the only proof actually but Myungsoo took it and get rid of it. I always question his decision regarding that but there is nothing I can do about it. It’s weird for him to get rid of the ring when he knew better the ring could drag L.Joe to justice,” the lad thought for awhile. It was a question that never left his mind.

Hyesun was still in huge surprise to be hearing that story. That was no wonder Myungsoo didn’t want it to be brought up again. She must admit it was one painful story. She knew she couldn’t be sitting down calmly after hearing the story from Sungjong. She thought of doing something that wasn’t beyond mind.

She snapped her fingers at the thinking Sungjong which made the latter looked at her, “What is it?”

“You know what, I think I can do something about this; just to make him taste his own medicine,” Hyesun lightly smirked at Sungjong.

Sungjong’s forehead formed a crease, “What do you mean by that? I don’t get you. Don’t try to do anything stupid, Jeon Hyesun,” he felt worry by how she sounded. What did this girl have in mind actually?

“Putting L.Joe in Myungsoo’s shoes doesn’t sound terrible, right?”

 

--

 

 

Comments are loved, appreciated, motivating and inspiring. Even a short one.