Up All Night

Slip of the Lips

 

 

   💕 Taeyeon 💕 just now

          Nice job stepping up the fanservice haha cx

           slide to reply

 

   💕 Taeyeon 💕 just now

          But save those kisses for me, okay? ;)

           slide to reply

 

Baekhyun screamed and threw his phone across the room,  but instantly regretted that decision once he heard the device hit the floor with a loud thud. He rushed over to his phone, cradling it in is hands as if it were a newborn child. He checked the screen for cracks and sighed in relief when he didn't find any. The iPhone 6 sure was durable. 

 

"You okay in there hyung?" Sehun called from the other side of the door. 

 

" you, maknae." He'd love to take his durable iPhone 6 to Sehun and shove it up where the sun don't shine. 

 

"I'm not interested, but I think Chanyeol would be." The boy snickered. "Tsk tsk hyung. I never thought you would unfaithful to Taeyeon noona."

 

A strangled noise, escaped Baekhyun's lips at the mention of his girlfriend's name and the vocalist is reminded of what happened earlier. He buried his face in his hands and groaned, telling Sehun to leave him alone. He can't think about Taeyeon now. Not after he practically made out with Chanyeol.

 

His band mate.

 

His best friend.

 

Who's a guy. 

 

That he kissed.

 

In front of hundreds of fans. 

 

And on live tv.

 

Baekhyun let out another scream, feeling heat rush to his cheeks.  He ran over to the window and threw it open, shivering in the cool nightime air. He gripped the windowsill tightly and screamed until his voice grew hoarse and his cheeks were numb. 

 

Spinning around, he face planted into his mattress and sighed. Baekhyun cringed at the pain in his throat. Yeah, screaming for an hour and a half straight probably wasn't a good idea. He rolled over on his side, the blankets and sheets following his movements and wrapping around his thin figure. He snuggled into his little cloth cocoon and shut his eyes. 

 

But as soon as he closed them, he saw Chanyeol's. He squirmed around on the bed, secretly hoping that the blankets would strangle him to death. Baekhyun hates to admit it, but he can still feel the warmth of the rapper's lips. The coolness of Chanyeol's minty breath still lingered on the vocalist's mouth even though the concert ended hours ago. 

 

 Underneath his thin covers, Baekhyun can feel the heat that radiated off his band mate's body. He remembers the sound of Chanyeol's breathy gasp, which sent shivers down his spine the moment he realized what he'd done. He can still see that shocked look in the rapper's eyes. mixed with confusion, and something else that Baekhyun couldn't put a label on. Maybe it was disgust. 

 

He wouldn't be surprised if Chanyeol was grossed out by him. 

 

Instead of pushing the giant away the instant their lips connected, Baekhyun pulled him closer and kissed him back. Any normal, straight guy with a girlfriend would have flipped out, especially because of that fact that they had an audience.

 

He was straight. He'd always been. s and 's got Byun Baekhyun's gears turning. Not , definitely not .

 

He and the other members acted pretty gay around each other at times, but that was all for show. They all knew about shipping and OTPs. KaiSoo and SuLay and XiuChen and of course BaekYeol. Whatever 'couple moments' that were caught on fan cams were either friendly affections between the members or just little fan services that they'd planned beforehand. It was all part of their jobs as idols. They lived to entertain the fans. 

 

The kiss was fan service. Just fan service. Taeyeon had even said so in her text. Taeyeon, Baekhyun's beautiful girlfriend whom he'd been dating for over a year. He'd admired her ever since he watched Gee. Getting into entertainment company with her was unreal. Becoming close with her and being able to call her his girlfriend was a dream come true. The vocalist was pretty he was the luckiest man alive. 

 

Baekhyun shamefully admits that when he kissed Chanyeol, he hadn't thought about Taeyeon at all. And when they got back to their dorm, he locked himself in his room and cried for an hour, dreading his girlfriend's reaction. He knew she'd find about the kiss. The concert was broadcasted live and more the half the fans were recording it as well. He knew that videos and pictures from the concert would be all over the internet.

 

Thank the lord his girlfriend had taken it lightly.

 

Baekhyun had imagined Taeyeon coming to him, with tears in her eyes and telling the boy that she didn't want to be with someone who could freely kiss other guys on live tv. He imagined her frowning at him in disgust, telling him that he'd lied to her when he said he loved her. He imagined her screaming at him, claiming that he cheated on her with Chanyeol. 

 

You never told me that you liked guys.

 

I get it. You love Chanyeol more than me. 

 

I can't be with you, Baekhyun-ah not after what you did today.

 

That was gross. I hate gays.

 

Don't ever speak to me again. 

 

And all the scenarios ended with Taeyeon breaking up with him and hating him forever. He was genuinely surprised when he received her light-hearted texts.Taeyeon was great. Baekhyun didn't understand at times why she chose him. But she loves him and he loves her and that's all that matters. 

 

And it's not like Baekhyun woke up in the morning and jumped out of bed, proclaiming,"I WILL KISS PARK CHANYEOL TODAY OUT OF MY OWN ENJOYMENT."

 

It's not the vocalist's fault that Sehun was being a brat. And it's not his fault that Chanyeol was clumsy and fell on top of him.Yeah it was just an accident. An accident that Baekhyun took advantage of and turned into some exciting fan service for the EXO-Ls.

 

It was all just fan service, part of his job. 

 

But what if...

 

The boy's thoughts suddenly took a wild turn.

 

But what if Sehun and Chanyeol had planned that all out? What if Chanyeol wasn't as straight as he seemed to be? Maybe that goofy giant was harboring major feelings for Baekhyun, but could never tell him because the other was straight and had a girlfriend. And maybe that 'accidental' kiss was Chanyeol's unspoken confession of love!?

 

Was Chanyeol gay? How could Baekhyun not know his own best friend's ual orientation? How long could have he been gay? All those times they took showers together after practice...was Chanyeol gay then?  Was the rapper secretly checking him out behind his back?  For the giant were all those 'BaekYeol' moments real? Did Baekhyun turn his band mate gay with his good looks? 

 

Did Chanyeol fantasize about him before he went to bed at night and stick his hand down his pants to--

 

A sound much like that of wailing cat escaped the vocalist's mouth. 

 

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"  Baekhyun yelled, wincing at the scratchiness of his throat after. 

 

Needless to say, the boy didn't get much sleep that night. And when he finally fell asleep at the crack of dawn, the last thing he remembered was his lips and being able to taste Chanyeol's.

 

 

 

Baekhyun wasn't the only one who had trouble sleeping.

 

Outside on the rooftop, Chanyeol sneezed and watched with tired eyes as the sun rose. He mindlessly picked and strummed the strings of his guitar, random chords. He could feel the vibrations from the instrument against his chest. 

 

The rapper yawned and let his hands slip from the guitar. He leaned forward and rested his chin on the instrument. The sky above behind him was dark purple, blending into a cloudy blue above his head. Before him it was a mix of light purples and pinks, fading into light oranges and soft yellows with thin clouds and stretched all the way to the horizon. The round top of the sun peeked out from beyond the city's skyline. 

 

Chanyeol sighed and reached up to rub his eyes. He'd been awake all night. The rapper retired to his room before all of the other members. He'd turned down Lay's offer to practice guitar and didn't feel like eating the pizza that was ordered. After everyone else had gone to sleep, he was still awake. The boy  climbed out of bed, grabbed his guitar, and went to the roof. 

 

He was trying to figure out what to say to Baekhyun. They hadn't talked about the accident yet. Chanyeol knew that they couldn't just pretend like it never happened. Well, he couldn't. He knew that the fans would make a big deal about out of the kiss. And so would the media. And probably even Taeyeon. 

 

That kiss better have not caused any damage to BaekYeon's relationship. Chanyeol had known about Baekhyun's crush on her ever since their trainee days. And when the vocalist finally grew a pair and asked her out, the kid probably smiled for a week straight after Taeyeon said yes. Man if you thought Chanyeol's grin was creepy, you should have seen the way Baekhyun smiled in his sleep. It was worse than those clowns who performed at kids' birthday parties. 

 

Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun's relationship with Taeyeon was the longest one he'd had so far. And from how he talked about his girlfriend and the way he looked at her, Chanyeol could tell that the vocalist was head over heels in love. The two were so in love that even after their relationship status went public and they received so much hate from the fans, they were still able to be together. It was like nothing could get in the way of their love. As cheesy as that sounds, Chanyeol can't help but think it's true.

 

But could an accidental kiss screw up everything for Baekhyun? Chanyeol hoped not. The vocalist would be devastated if Taeyeon dumped him and Chanyeol would forever bear the guilt of being part of the reason why. 

 

"What if he's secretly gay for me?" The rapper's laughter turned into a fit of ugly coughing and wheezing. He shook his head."Nah."

 

Baekhyun couldn't be gay. After all he did have a girlfriend. A girlfriend who he'd kissed probably thousands of times--with the same lips that kissed Chanyeol yesterday.  Baekhyun had even closed his eyes and pulled Chanyeol nearer. If all that really was fan service, Chanyeol had to hand it to the boy. Byun Baekhyun was a great actor. Or not?? The more that he thought about the 'accident' the more uncomfortable he felt, thinking about Baekhyun. 

 

What the vocalist did was unnecessary and a bit out of line. Chanyeol's kiss was an accident. But Baekhyun can't say that he 'accidentally kissed back'. No, there's no excuse for his actions. He decided to kiss Chanyeol back. And the rapper needs to know why. Sure they could play it off as fan service and let everyone tease them about it, but Chanyeol needs to know the truth. 

 

As the sun rose, Chanyeol fell asleep, his mind only filled with Baekhyun and his 'gayness'.

 

 

 

Later that morning Baekhyun and Chanyeol found themselves seated at the kitchen table, with a furious manager and an angry Suho standing across from them. Baekhyun's nose was runny and a small pile of used tissues had formed in front of him on the table. Chanyeol's throat was sore from coughing and he had a splitting headache. Both boys were wrapped in layers of blankets, shivering as they got yelled at. 

 

Baekhyun had forgotten to close the window before he went to sleep. Chanyeol spent all night on the roof. Their overexposure to the cold left both of them sick. 

 

"What were you two thinking?!" The manager looked like he was going to pop a blood vessel. 

 

Their leader frowned at them. "I think it's better if you to stay here and rest up. We don't want you getting everyone else sick."

 

The manager and Suho left the dorm for practice, with the other members following behind them. But right before the door closed, Sehun poked his head back inside. 

 

"Don't have too much fun alone together hyungs~" He winked and slammed the door behind him. 

 

They sat in awkward silence for a few moments. 

 

"So..." Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol and looked away quickly when he met the other's gaze.

 

"Yeah..." Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun's tissue pile and bit down on his lip. 

 

"I know you have things to say uh and I do too..."

 

"You go first."

 

"No, you."

 

"You go!"

 

"You should go!"

 

"Ugh let's just go at the same time."

 

"Er okay..."

 

"Let's count to three then do it."

 

"One."

 

"Two"

 

"Three."

 

 

"YOU'RE NOT GAY FOR ME, RIGHT?!" 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Here's the second chapter for you lovelies <3 Thank you all for reading and subscribing!

I'm going to be busy for a while, so I might not be able to update soon ;; But anyways, thanks again!

~FlamerLocket-