The Forgotten Towel

Slip of the Lips

 

Both of their faces were flushed bright pink. 

Chanyeol leaned in closer to Baekhyun, eyes widening. The smaller boy's blush worsened and he held his breath. His gaze immediately fell on Chanyeol's puffy lips.

"You've..." The rapper whispered, his hot breath ghosting Baekhyun's mouth. The vocalist closed his eyes as one of Chanyeol's hands reached up to cup his cheek. Calloused fingers, rubbed against Baekyhun's smooth skin. Tingles of warmth shot down his spine, heart pounding so hard that he could feel it in his throat. He dug his fingernails into his sweaty palms, hands curling into fists. 

Unconsciously, Baekhyun's lips puckered. His head hurt and he was dizzy, Chanyeol's hot breath and hand on his cheek making it hard for him to think straight. 

Chanyeol was unaffected by the sudden closeness. He was focused on one thing and one thing only. He grabbed a tissue and swiped it underneath Baekhyun's red nose. "...got some snot there."

The vocalist's blush spread down to his neck. His eyes fluttered open, cheeks burning with embarrassment when he saw the dirty tissue in Chanyeol's hand, the one that wasn't on his cheek. Their faces were so close that Baekhyun could see the little beauty mark on Chanyeol's nose and his reflection in the other's wide, dark eyes. Baekhyun couldn't calm the rapid beating of his heart.  

His mind suddenly flashed back to the first time Taeyeon kissed him. Baekhyun had pinned her down on the couch, hands tickling her sides as she giggled, unable to catch her breath. Baekhyun was laughing too, never wanting to hear the end of her cute giggles. She begged him to stop, saying that she couldn't take it anymore, but her boyfriend wouldn't listen. He only stopped when she managed to cup his face with her hands and pulled him down for a sweet kiss.

Baekhyun's cheeks burned as he melted into the kiss. Taeyeon's lips were sweeter than any candy he'd ever tasted. She made him feel happy and nervous and surprised and embarrassed all at the same time. He felt like a school girl who'd just confessed to her long time crush, with bright pink cheeks and wide eyes, practically swooning as her crush confessed back and leaned in to kiss her.  That was the first of many kisses to come.

Only Taeyeon was able to get Baekhyun's heart racing.  

But now his girlfriend wasn't the cause of the vocalist's erratic heart beat. It was Chanyeol, sitting beside him, their faces only centimeters apart.

Oh my god.

Oh my god. 

"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun gasped and scooted his chair away from the other. 

Chanyeol blinked. Realizing his previous actions, the boy dropped the tissue. He glanced down at the hand that had been on Baekhyun's cheek. 

"I-I'm sorry!"

The vocalist turned around in his chair, heart pounding and eyes wide. "I'M NOT GAY!" He yelled at the kitchen sink. "ESPECIALLY NOT FOR YOU CHANYEOL!"

There was conviction in his voice although he continued to blush, his shoulders shaking as he stared at D.O's pink kitchen towels. Chanyeol didn't have to wipe his nose for him. Baekhyun could have done that himself. 
 
It was an act of kindness, just one friend looking out for another. But Baekhyun interpreted it in another way. He saw it as Chanyeol acting out of his hidden feelings for him. The fact that the rapper asked the same question as him made Baekhyun feel uneasy. It felt like Chanyeol wanted to know if he had feelings to return. He can't have Chanyeol thinking that he has feelings for him. Especially after what happened at the concert. Chanyeol might assume that when Baekhyun kissed him back, he was revealing feelings he had for the other.
 
But  Baekhyun knows he isn't gay. He has a girlfriend. And he shouldn't be embarrassed about having his guy friend wiping his nose for him. His face is warm, but not because of Chanyeol. It's because he's sick. And his heart was only racing because the rapper had surprised him. Yeah, that's it. Don't think to much about it...
 
"I'm not gay either. But why'd you kiss me?"
 
Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest. He wanted to point out that the way Baekhyun acted a few moments ago was pretty gay. The way the vocalist eyed his lips and the bright blush on his cheeks hadn't gone unnoticed by Chanyeol.  
 
"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KISSED ME!"
 
Chanyeol stiffened and then frowned at the other. "You already know that Sehun pushed me and I tripped. My kiss was an accident." 
 
Baekhyun's blush spread to the rest of his body, making him feel warm all over. He shrugged off the blanket around him and let it fall to the floor. His throat still ached from last night. Yelling put a lot of strain on his vocal chords. He opened his mouth to argue, to tell Chanyeol that what he did was also an accident, but he couldn't find the words to do it. Turning around, he faced the other. The rapper gave him a hard stare, waiting for him to say something. 
 
Chanyeol's dark hair was sticking up in the front. Baekhyun doesn't know why, but he's overcome by the sudden urge to reach over and smooth down the rapper's messy locks. He uncurled his fists and rested his hands on his lap, fingers anxiously tangling together as he shifted his gaze away from Chanyeol. 
 
"I have Taeyeon."  Baekhyun mumbled. He tried to fill his mind with thoughts of Taeyeon and her pretty smile and how nice she looked with her new pink hair that was so much better than Chanyeol's dark hair. He hadn't gotten the chance to play with it yet, but he knew she'd let him on their next date.
 
"I know. And so do all the fans, but you still kissed me. Don't say that it was an accident, Baekhyun. I really don't understand why you-"
 
"Fan service!"
 
Baekhyun knew now that Chanyeol wouldn't accept what happened as an accident. There's no use trying to convince him at this point. Once Chanyeol had his mind set on something, there's no chance of changing it. All Baekhyun could do now was get him thinking that the kiss was for the fans. Even though Baekhyun still didn't understand either, he didn't want the other to take his actions the wrong way. 
 
He didn't kiss Chanyeol because he had feelings for him. He didn't want to kiss the boy and the thought of doing so had never crossed his mind, ever. The way Chanyeol spoke to him, made it seem like he was implying that Baekhyun was gay. The vocalist didn't know whether to be angry or embarrassed. 
 
He wished they could just laugh it off, joke about the kiss and be done with it. He wanted the conversation to be over. Baekhyun didn't like the way Chanyeol was looking at him; he felt too uncomfortable. And thinking that the rapper liked him made feel even more uncomfortable. 

Chanyeol's wide eyes, searched Baekhyun's droopy ones. It was like he was looking for something. As if there was a secret hidden behind his gaze, and if Chanyeol stared long enough, he would find it. Baekhyun's blush worsened. He wanted nothing but to get up and head back to his room. He was tired and sick and warm. He picked up one of the cleaner looking tissues and blew his nose.
 
It was a while before Chanyeol said anything. And when he did speak, the serious tone of his had been replaced with a softer, shyer one. 
 
"She's...not upset, right?" The rapper had looked away and Baekhyun let out a light breath. 
 
He was referring to Taeyeon. Thinking back to his girlfriend's texts, Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah...after all it was fan service."
 
"Good." Chanyeol was relieved. 
 
"Yeah...You know Chanyeol, I'm not gay. I just--I don't know, but I love Taeyeon, I really do and..."
 
I'd never cheat on her. I'd never kiss anyone else other than her. Baekhyun pressed his lips together and rubbed his thumb over his knuckles. 
 
Chanyeol hummed, his cheeks a little pinker than earlier. "I'm sorry that I fell on top of you." He gave Baekhyun a sheepish smile.
 
The vocalist let out a little laugh, though it felt a bit awkward. "It's okay. We all know how clumsy you are." He internally thanked Chanyeol for not questioning him further. He knew he'd be at a loss for words if the other asked him to explain the kiss. 
 
"I-I'm sorry for ki- er for what I did..."
 
"It's okay...I was just really surprised. You know, because we usually plan out all that BaekYeol stuff." Chanyeol uncrossed his arms and coughed into one of them, clearing his throat afterwards. 
 
"I know. I'm sorry for shocking you with it." Baekhyun bit down on his bottom lip. He still wasn't sure if Chanyeol liked him or not. "And Yeol..."
 
"Yes Baek?"
 
"You're really not gay for me, right?"
 
Chanyeol stared at him again, the way he had earlier. The rapper his lips. "Wrong."
 
What.
 
"I'm in love with you, Baekhyun."
 
WHAT.
 
All of vocalist's breath left his lungs and he felt his heart skip a beat.
 
 
Baekhyun got up from his chair, but before he could run away, Chanyeol doubled over in laughter as he clapped his large hands together. The rapper took another look at Baekhyun's horrified expression and clutched his stomach, laughing until tears fell from his eyes. 
 
"Man! I got you so good!" There was a playful smile on Chanyeol's lips as he wiped away his tears. 
 
Oh. It was just a joke. 
 
Baekhyun took off one of his slippers and smacked Chanyeol's head with it. "Yah! Trolling is Chen's job!" Chanyeol grinned at him. Shaking his head, Baekhyun smiled back. "Jeez Yeol. You almost gave me a heart attack."
 
 
Despite having the scared out of him, Baekhyun was happy that the awkward atmosphere had returned to its normal, playful one. Maybe for now they could forget about the entire kissing fiasco. He put his slipper back on and pushed his chair in. Yawning, Baekhyun made his way over to the bedrooms. "I'm gonna get some rest."
 
Chanyeol's laughter had quieted down. The tall boy let out a sigh and leaned forward, placing his elbows on the table and resting his hands on his chin. Just when Baekhyun was going to close his door, Chanyeol called his name. "I never answered your question, though."
 
Blinking, Baekhyun opened the door and stepped out in the hallway. "What?"
 
"First of all, I'm only going to tell you this because you're my friend and it's only right that you know."
 
The vocalist gripped the door knob tightly, feeling his heart beat speeding up again. He gulped, anxious to hear what Chanyeol would say.
 
"I'm biual. I do like guys, but I also like girls." He tugged at the ends of his hair. And then he waited, waited for Baekhyun to freak out. 
 
Baekhyun found himself, having a hard time breathing. He didn't know why, but his knees were weak. His thin fingers clutched the door knob and the edge of the door. Biual? Baekhyun wanted to scream, but he couldn't find his voice. In a way he was right. Chanyeol liked guys. So did that mean...he liked the kiss?
 
Coughing, Chanyeol covered his mouth with one of his hands. "This might make things awkward and I'm sorry..."
 
A strangled noise left Baekhyun's mouth. Chanyeol didn't dare to glance over at the hallway. He kept his eyes glued to the kitchen table. 
 
"B-But you said you weren't gay..." Baekhyun's voice cracked. 
 
"And that was the truth. There's a difference between being gay and being bi." He sighed again. "Baek, I don't like you anymore than a friend, okay? I hope you understand that. I do not have any feelings for you."
 
The vocalist was silent, but inside his head the boy was screaming bloody murder. CHANYEOL LIKES GUYS CHANYEOL LIKES GUYS CHANYEOL LIKES GUYS AILFHLRIGHLSVDS. 
 
"I-I think I n-need to lay down." Baekhyun mumbled wearily as he closed the door. 
 
"Baekhyun..."
 
"You should rest t-too, Chanyeol." He called from his room. Baekhyun fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
 
 
When Baekhyun woke up, his bladder was aching. Clutching his crotch with one hand, the vocalist rubbed his bleary eyes with the other as he stumbled from his bedroom to the bathroom. He never had to pee so badly before. The boy didn't hear the sound of the shower being turned off, or the sound of the curtain being pulled back, or even Chanyeol's groan when he stepped out and realized he forgot to bring a towel with him. 
 
So you can imagine how much of a shock it was to Baekhyun when he opened the bathroom door and crashed into a very wet and very  Chanyeol. 
 
And it was at that moment that the rest of EXO decided to return from practice. Sehun, who needed to pee as badly as Baekhyun and had neglected to go before the they drove back to the dorm, ran as fast as he could to the bathroom. But as soon as he saw the small vocalist in Chanyeol's embrace, he stopped in his tracks. 
 
"Whoa. I thought I told you guys not to have too much fun."
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hey guys! I'm back with chapter 3! Sorry for making you all wait so long ;; I hope you enjoyed it.
Thank you all for reading and subscribing <3
~FlamerLocket-