Don't Ask

Slip of the Lips

Baekhyun's eyes fluttered open. A mild summer’s breeze blew through the open window, the curtains fluttering as soft rays of sunlight filtered through them. The light reflected off the white walls, brightening the room. He could hear the faint sounds of a guitar being strummed, a relaxed string of chords luring him back into sleep. The tangy aroma of lemons lingered in the air, along with the smell of a familiar cologne.

 

He reached up and patted his face; this wasn’t the time for sleeping. The boy was in bed, surrounded by light, fluffy sheets and cushy pillows. Baekhyun doesn’t  remember how long he was asleep for, but he has the strange feeling he'd forgotten something important. He rolled over on to his side and winced at the sudden stinging pain in his back. Thin lips spread into a frown as the boy sat up.

 

The sheets rustled with his movements and fell, revealing Baekhyun’s pale skin. He looked down in surprise and not just at his ness, but at his left hand. There was a plain silve rband on his ring finger.  A voice, deep and rich like honey mixed in with the guitar’s melody as Baekhyun lifted up his hand, slender fingers shaking as the ring caught some sunlight and shined in the new angle.

 

A soft gasp left Baekhyun’s mouth as he gaped at the small piece of jewelry. The volume of the singer’s voice and the guitar’s music drew closer. The boy slowly slipped the ring off, his heart pounding in his chest as he brought it closer to his face. And just as he was about to read the inscription on the inside, the door opened and another boy stepped inside.

 

“Chanyeol…” The name rolled off Baekhyun’s tongue in a whisper, tasting just as sweet as his favorite cherry candy. But not as sweet as the honey-like tone of the boy’s voice, accompanied by soft strums from the guitar.

 

Chanyeol finished his song and set his instrument down, leaning it against the wall. He turned to the vocalist and gave him a serene smile. Baekhyun swore he saw faint outline of a halo above the boy's head. He never looked more angelic before. As Chanyeol stepped in front of the window, his face and bare chest were set aglow by the sunlight. The light softened his features and illuminated the darkness of his eyes, coloring them with a warm, golden hue. His silver-grey hair shined brighter than Baekhyun's ring and seemed to sparkle in the light, as if it were made of stardust.

 

He sat down on the bed beside Baekhyun and took the ring from him with one hand. The touch of warm skin and calloused fingers sent prickles of electricity through the vocalist’s body.

 

“Let me help you with that.”

He held Baekhyun’s hand with his larger one and slipped the ring back on his finger. The vocalist felt his cheeks heat up and the pounding of his heart move from his chest to his throat. He swallowed back whatever words he had wanted to say, long forgotten as he met Chanyeol’s eyes, his breath leaving him when the other leaned in and connected their lips. The rapper pushed Baekhyun down on the bed, bare chests pressed together and mouths joined in a sweet kiss.

The vocalist's eyes fell closed, his arms instinctively curling around Chanyeol's neck as he held him close. The rapper pulled back the covers and joined Baekhyun underneath them.

"Baekhyun...." Chanyeol whispered against the other's neck, soft lips and hot breath tickling Baekhyun's skin. "Baekhyun..."

The smaller boy felt himself melt in Chanyeol's embrace. His heart thudded when the rapper's lips found their way to his again and strong arms wrapped around his waist. Between kisses Chanyeol whispered Baekhyun's name, the soft tone of his voice tugging at the vocalist's heartstrings. It felt so good.

"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun gasped out breathessly every time their mouths parted.

 

"Um....Baekhyun?"

"Hey, wake up Baek."

"Baek! We have a schedule today!"

When Baekhyun opened his eyes the fluffy sheets and brightly lit room with white walls was gone. The scent of lemons was replaced by the cringe worthy smell of sweat and too much after shave. Chanyeol was still there, but with jet black hair instead of silvery, stardust colored locks. And that wasn't the only difference. He wasn't on top of Baekhyun anymore. The tall boy stood at the side of the other's bed, hands shaking Baekhyun's shoulders.

"Why...why aren't you kissing me..." Baekhyun grumbled, reaching up to grab a fistful of Chanyeol's shirt. The rapper froze. A light pink blush tinted his cheeks as the vocalist pulled him closer. He loosened his grip on Baekhyun's shoulders.

The vocalist's mind was still stuck in a sleep filled haze, droopy eyes blurred by fragments of his dream. What was he doing again? There was a really nice bedroom and it felt like the country. He doesn't remember hearing the bustling sounds of the city and smelling car exhaust. Chanyeol was singing and playing his guitar. He looked liked an angel with sparkling silver-grey hair. And his eyes were really pretty and so were his lips, all soft and warm against Baekhyun's as they laid on the bed together and kissed passionately. Oh, how he needed those lips on his.

"I hate to ruin a moment or something, but like we have to leave soon. Soooo save the making out for later, yeah?" The maknae leaned back against the the wall and laughed.

Sehun's teasing voice brought Baekhyun out of his reverie, hitting him like a slap on the face.Well, actually it was Chanyeol that got slapped--so hard that he stumbled back from the bed as the vocalist yelled at him.

"Get away from me you biual ert!!"

"ert?!"

There was a bright red hand print on the side of Chanyeol's face. Baekhyun pulled the covers around himself an glared at the taller boy, cheeks just as red as the hand print, though he wasn't sure if it was from embarrassment or anger.

"You were watching me in my sleep!!"

"Hey! They made me wake you up so we wouldn't be late!"

"Well you-"

Suho barged into the room. "Get your butts to the van!!

"But hyung Chanyeol-"

"Save it Baekhyun. We need to leave by 8:00. Chanyeol. Sehun. Van. Now." The leader dragged the pair giants behind him and left.

After glancing at his alarm clock, Baekhyun quickly scrambled to his feet.

7:57

"!" The vocalist cursed. He undressed and dressed again at the speed of light, pulling on random clothes that he grabbed from the closet. He dashed to the bathroom and brushed his teeth while hastily combing slender fingers through his messy hair. With just seconds to spare, Baekhyun barreled down the stairs and ran to the van, gasping for breath and mentally yelling at himself for skipping track practices back in high school. He felt like Chanyeol in EXO Next Door when he'd forgotten about his date with Yeon Hee and had to run to the park, legs taking long strides, arms swinging, and hair blown back in the wind. The vocalist jumped and dove through the open door of the van, landing right on top of a certain rapper's lap.

"Drive hyung drive!" Suho yelled at the manager. The manager shook his head and told the leader to calm down. They apparently had more than enough time to get where they needed to be. Suho worried a little too much about things sometimes.

"Dammit! Thats hurts!" Chanyeol groaned, his face scrunching up in pain. The small vocalist was a lot heavier than he looked.

"Park! Stop touching me with your junk!" Baekhyun snapped back at him.

"Why don't you get off my junk, Byun!?"

"How about you guys shut up!?" Xiumin yelled crankily from the back of the van and buried his face in Chen's arm. The other gently patted the eldest member's back. The two maknaes started laughing, but stopped as soon as Xiumin looked up to shoot a glare at them. They shut their mouths and sheepishly scooted closer to the window, giving their hyung more space.

An annoyed D.O shoved a large piece of kimbap in each boy's mouth. "Eat." Was all he said, pulling Baekhyun off Chanyeol and ed a container of kimbap into rapper's hands.

The droopy eyed vocalist huffed around his mouthful of food and turned away from Chanyeol. The boys passed the container around the van and praised D.O for his delicious cooking skills.

As they drove through the city, Baekhyun noticed the van seemed smaller than usual. Looking around he saw the maknaes, who were taking up most of the room, seated at the back with Xiumin and Chen. And in the middle row he sat squished between D.O and the ert. Lay was pressed up againt the window on Chanyeol's other side, drooling on himself as he snored away in his sleep. Suho, being the leader, had the advantage of sitting up in front in the passenger's seat. He didn't realize that they could all fit in one van; they usually took two wherever they went. After about half an hour, the other members seemed to quiet down. Looking around again, Baekhyun saw that everyone was either on their phones or fast asleep.

He crossed his arms over his chest. The vocalist sneaked a glance at Chanyeol through his bangs. The rapper had ear buds on and was bobbed head along to the music, soundlessly following the rap with quick lips. Bits and pieces of the vocalist's dream flashed before his eyes. He remembered the softness of Chanyeol's lips, his warm touch, and how angelic he looked in the sunlight. Baekhyun gulped as he watched the giant's mouth move and found himself blushing when Chanyeol ran his tongue over his bottom lip.

Chanyeol turned to look at the vocalist. Their eyes met and the taller boy gave Baekhyun a confused look. The vocalist spluttered some unintelligible words and looked away, resting his chin on D.O's shoulder as he patted his warm cheeks. The other vocalist raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun. In order to save himself for being questioned about his strange behavior, he asked D.O where they were going. He also wanted to shake away thoughts about his dream. That stupid ert. He was even ing around with Baekhyun in his dreams.

"A dumb gossip show." D.O rolled his large eyes and held out his phone to Baekhyun, showing him the show's mobile website. "Idols Tell All."

"I'm gonna be the special co-host." Chen whispered excitedly. "Kyungsoo, it's not stupid."

Baekhyun took the phone and scrolled through the site, reading out loud about the show. "Here at ITA we gather all your questions about the latest happenings in celebrity news. Then, we bring those celebrities to our show, interview them and get all the juicy answers to your questions! And here's the fun part: Idols must answer the questions or go through one of our secret punishment games. Trust us, no one wants to receive those punishments."

"So hyungs, do you know why the invited us?" Sehun asked, interrupting Baekhyun.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew the question was directed to them. They didn't have to turn around to see that smug smile on the maknae's lips. Chanyeol shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"If you don't want the media to blow the up the kiss and turn it into some scandal, you two should really think about what you're going to say." Kai pointed out.

"Or we could just take the punishments..." Baekhyun mumbled, beginning to feel his cheeks heat up as he handed the phone back to D.O. It'd been almost a week since that concert, but he still wasn't sure why he kissed Chanyeol back. He thought having to explain to the giant was bad, but having to talk about it on tv seemed a whole lot worse.

"Then you'll just be adding fuel to the fire." Sehun patted the top of Baekhyun's head. "They might think you're hiding something...even though you aren't, right?"

"But it was just-" Baekhyun started.

"Fan service." Chanyeol finished and took out his ear buds. After breakfast yesterday, Sehun snuck into his room and told him about the show and the host's interest in ChanBaek's kiss. Chanyeol didn't want to do the interview and decided that pretending to be sick could get him out of it. The rapper hadn't completely recovered from his cold. It wasn't hard to fake all the coughing and sniffling. His eyes were even red from staying up all night and composing music on garage band. However, he couldn't get past Suho and D.O with his acting.

The van was silent for the rest of the drive. They arrived at the studio on time and were greeted by a swarm of excited fans. EXO was able to get in through the back entrance, but not without having to endure piercing screams and blinding camera flashes. Once inside, the boys were taken to the dressing room and surrounded by a hair and makeup crew. Chanyeol grumbled when extra BB cream was applied the bruise on his cheek, thanks to a certain vocalist. Chen was lead away by a staff member so that he could prepare for his role as the co-host.

After everyone was camera ready, they followed another staff member to the set. It was a simple setup, eight chairs for the boys, a flat screen tv, two more chairs for the host and co-host, and a backdrop of the album cover for Love Me Right. EXO greeted the staff and camera crew with polite smiles and bows. They took their assigned seats and put on mini-mics. ( Seating arrangement left to right: Sehun, Baekhyun, D.O, Kai, Lay, Xiumin, Suho, and Chanyeol.)

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Sehun, who kept sending him subtle flirtatious winks from the other side of their row. Sehun smirked, running his fingers through his hair as he his lips. The rapper turned his attention to Suho and Sehun pouted. The maknae threw his arm over Baekhyun's shoulders.

"What do you want, brat?" Baekhyun asked, eyes searching the studio for some clue as to what the punishments would be. His gaze landed on a small, handsome man with light pink hair. The man was talking to Chen in a hushed voice, showing him the dim screen of an iPad. Chen nodded and a staff member brought him another iPad.

Oh. Maybe that guy's the host.

"What are you going to say about the kiss?" Sehun asked, his gaze following Baekhyun's.

"What is there to say? It was f-fanservice..." The vocalist stuttered and jumped in surprise when the pink-haired man turned around and smiled at him. He quickly averted his gaze and focused it on Sehun instead.

The maknae laughed at Baekhyun's reaction and gave his shoulders a squeeze. They watched as Chen and the pink-haired man took their seats on the set. Sehun leaned in close and whispered angrily into the older's ear. "You better not up anything for Chanyeol."

Baekhyun blinked in confusion at the other's words, but before he could respond the pink-hair man spoke.

"Hi." The man said with a smile. "My name is Jihoon and I'm the host of ITA. Thanks for coming on today. We're going to start now."

The main camera man held up his hand, signaling for everyone to look at his camera. "Rolling in five, four, three, two, one. You're on!"

After group and individual introductions, the beginning of the interview proceeded and finished smoothly. No one had opted out of answering to take a punishment instead. The first round of questions consisted of 'Who are you dating?' 'Is it true that you're dating her?' 'If you had to choose between this female idol and this other one, who would you date?' and were asked to all of the members. So far no one opted out of answering to take a punishment instead. Jihoon was fun and lively. Chen butted in when the members were talking, making teasing remarks here and there that managed to send everyone into fits of laughter.

Baekhyun was happy to talk about Taeyeon, but gave only vague details about their relationship. He knew that if he said too much, the fans would definitely attack him and his girlfriend. The vocalist was relieved when it seemed like there weren't any questions related to ChanBaek. He relaxed a bit in his seat and smiled at the cameras. Maybe everything was going to be okay.

"This concludes our warm up round of questions. " Jihoon announced and winked at the camera. He gave the EXO members a devilish smile.

Chanyeol saw Suho's smile falter and frowned when the leader anxiously bit his bottom lip. Baekhyun also felt a bit unnerved by Jihoon's words and the mischievous look on his face. His eyes scanned the row of boys and rested on Baekhyun. The vocalist leaned back in his chair, trying to keep himself out of the host's line of vision by hiding behind D.O.

Beside the Jihoon, Chen nodded and glanced down at the iPad in his lap. "Now, prepare to have the most popular questions answered!"

"Now...the first question is for Lay-ssi." The host said and began to read the question off his iPad. "Three Chinese members have left EXO. Lay is the only one remaining. Is it true that he too will leave to pursue a solo career?"

Images popped up on the flat screen tv. All of the boys frowned when they realized what they were; the statements of Luhan and Kris suing SM and articles about them terminating their contracts. The letter from Tao's father was also on the screen. Xiumin and Chanyeol each had to grab one of Suho's arms to keep the leader from getting out of his seat. The question delt with a topic too sensitive to be discussed. They all knew it.

"You don't have to say anything, Lay hyung." Kai whispered, eyes filled with worry as he took in the blank expression on the other's face."Maybe you can take the punishment instead..."

Lay shook his head and sat up straighter in chair. He cleared his throat and looked straight into the main camera. "I can assure you all, I'm not going to leave. I love EXO. EXO is my family and I cherish all my brothers. I love being part of this family. I'm going to work even harder now. Please continue to love and support us. Thank you."

They were quiet for a few moments before Chen clapped his hands together and asked the next question. "Thank you, Lay-ssi. Moving on to the second question. It's for the maknae. Sehun-ah is it true that you were drunk driving and crashed someone's car?"

Sehun burst out in laughter, along with a few other members. "Seriously? I really don't have time to just take a drive." He whined.

"Ah yes," Chen nodded, grinning at the other with a knowing smile."Wait, can you even drive?"

"No he can't." Chanyeol chuckled. "That kid's too lazy to get his license."

"Hey I'm not lazy!"

"Besides, we barely go drinking." Baekhyun added. He wondered who could have made up such an absurd question. Even though Sehun was young and stupid sometimes, they all knew he was smart enough not to do something as wreckless as drinking and driving. And when they went out for drinks, a few of the members remained sober to look after those who did drink.

"You're all such good boys." The host gave them a thumbs up and turned to the camera. "Kids, don't go drinking and driving! And no underaged drinking! Hahaha. So what are you guys like when you're drunk?"

"D.O gets super scary."

"Sehun and Kai start stripping."

"Suho hyung is an overemotional drunk."

"Chen gets angry and throws things around."

"Lay curses at us in Mandarin."

"Baekhyun plays with the light switches."

"Minseok hyung...holds his alcohol pretty well."

"Chanyeol acts like he'll die without skinship."

The room was filled with laughter as EXO's drunken personalities were revealed. Even the camera crew couldn't hold back a few laughs. After everyone settled down again, Jihoon looked down at his iPad and grinned.

"Now, speaking of skin ship." His gaze flicked over to Chanyeol. "Chanyeol-ssi, can you explain why you kissed Baekhyun?"

A strangled noise left the droopy eyed vocalist's mouth. Jihoon's eyes left Chanyeol's and briefly glanced over at Baekhyun. The vocalist looked down at his lap and raised a fist to his mouth, coughing into his hand nervously. Oh . When I least expected it. Thankfully he's just asking that ert. Maybe if I stay really quiet he won't ask me anything...Oh dear lord please.

Sehun pinched his thigh when an enlarged image of BaekYeol's kiss popped up on the screen of the tv. He could see Chanyeol fiddling with the bottom of his sleeve and how his left eye was starting to twitch. The maknae squinted. Jihoon tilted his head to the side, raising his eyebrows as he stared at the rapper expectantly.

"I...I tripped." The giant shrugged, fingers tugging at the end of his sleeve.

"Oh really?"

"Well yeah. I'm clumsy. Oops?" He gave the camera a shy smile.

"Hm okay then. I'll get back to you in a minute. Chen-ssi, the next question please."

Jihoon is totally not convinced oh my god Chanyeol you're so stupid. and it's scary how he let that go so easliy. Oh please the next question better not be for-

"Baekhyun." Chen waved his arms around to get the other vocalist's attention. Sehun pinched Baekhyun's thigh again, bringing him to look up from his lap. A chill ran down his spine.

"Y-Yes?" Oh I'm so screwed. It's totally going to be about the kiss oh my god what do I do . And I can't take the punishment because it might make everyone suspicious. I mean I could just go and say that Chanyeol's a biual ert that has a crush on me but then the media would be all over him. I don't want to do that to him. Even though he's been putting me through hell I can't let that happen. It might even look like I'm trash talking him to get all the attention off me. I could seriously screw up our reputations here, even EXO's reputation. .

"Are you and Chanyeol gay lovers?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt that the original chapter was too long, so you'll get the rest of the interview in Chapter 7 ^o^

And you guysssss I go back to school tomorrow. This might be my last update for a while :/

Thank you all for reading and subscribing!