Confused Hearts

Slip of the Lips


 

Baekhyun had always been one to overthink things and come to unrealistic conclusions. He practically lost his mind during the Chanyeol kiss situation. Despite constantly thinking, the vocalist could only handle so much emotional stress. And when Baekhyun was stressed, there were only two thing that could get him back to normal. (1. Taeyeon and (2. Fanfiction.

 

But this time around, Taeyeon wasn’t there to help. It had been weeks since they hung out together and days since they exchanged more than a few sentences. Every time the vocalist wanted to spend time with his girlfriend, she always shot down his plans.

 

“I”m sorry, I have a schedule today.”

 

“I haven’t been feeling so well lately.”

 

“Can we go on a date some other time?”

 

“Baek, I’m just so tired. I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m actually going to be out of the country for a while. “

 

“Could we reschedule?”

 

“I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

 

Though he knew it wasn’t intentional, and wanted to think that she wasn’t making excuses, Baekhyun was beginning to worry. Sure, they had hit a point like this in their relationship before. Promoting at the same time, days filled with nonstop interviews and tv appearances, hours of choreo and singing practice, comeback preparation, and traveling overseas for tours, it was all the norm.

 

The time that Baekhyun and Taeyeon spent apart opened their eyes to how precious the time they got to spend together was. They never took for granted whatever they could get. Even though there never seemed to be enough time, they always made the best of it. But now, there didn’t seem to be any opportunities for them at all.

 

There was no way Taeyeon was doing this on purpose right? The logical explanation for the lack of dates and hang outs was that she was simply busy. Also,  Baekhyun didn’t want to force her to push aside her recovery time from work just to be with him.  He knew better than to do that. As an idol it wasn’t difficult to overwork oneself to the point of breaking. Too much stress and not enough rest was bad for their health.

 

Setting all of this aside, the vocalist still couldn’t stop himself from being anxious over his relationship. His mind skipped around the thought that his girlfriend might be losing interest. Or maybe that this was a sign of infidelity.  Baekhyun gripped at the ends of his hair and groaned loudly, shaking his head.

 

No. No. No. Byun Baekhyun you can’ t think things like that.

 

Baekhyun powered up his laptop and ripped open a new bag of his favorite cherry candies. He wanted to replace his worries about Taeyeon with dumb, senseless fanfiction. Just was the vocalist was about to reach into the bag of candy, D.O came by and ripped it out of his hands.

 

“Dude, what the ?” Baekhyun gaped in disgust as the other vocalist plopped a bowl of fresh cherries in his hands. “This is too healthy for me!”

 

D.O tossed the bag of candies over his shoulders and landed it in the trash can. He shook his head and walked over to the cabinet.

 

Baekhyun grumbled from his seat at the kitchen table and pushed away the bowl of fruit, silently mourning the loss of his candies. He flinched when D.O placed another bowl on the table and moved the cherries closer to him.  The wide-eyed vocalist rested his hands on his hips and frowned at Baekhyun.

 

“Relax, the second bowl is empty.” He held it up for the other to see. “It’s for the cherry pits and stems.”

 

Baekhyun scrunched up his nose and scooted away from the bowls. He was still upset about his cherry candies.

 

“Your thoughts have been unhealthy enough lately. We don’t need your diet to become the same way.” D.O sat down in the chair across from Baekhyun. He placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his palms.

 

 

“You’re always in a horrible mood. You spend most of your free time cooped up in your room. Whenever you’re not in your room you’re either on your phone or laptop. I know that you’re brooding about not being able to see Taeyeon noona.  You barely talk to Chanyeol anymore unless it’s absolutely necessary. When you’re around Sehun you two are always fighting--I mean come on! It’s been weeks since that incident and you’re still not over it? Man up, Baekhyun. A kiss is nothing. You need to stop making such a big deal of something that shouldn’t concern you this much.”

 

 

Though he hated to admit what Kyungsoo said was true, Baekhyun pretended not to hear him. He opened up his internet browser and typed in the url of his favorite K-Pop Fanfiction site. His notifications were empty and sighed in disappointment; none of his subscriptions had been updated. As D.O went on about Baekhyun’s lack of a healthy diet, the droopy-eyed vocalist pressed the Random Story button.

 

He continued to press the button and refresh the page until a title caught his attention.  


 

Counting Baekhyun’s Lies


 

Interest sparked, Baekhyun scrolled down to skim through the description.


 

Lover by day, liar by night.

 

Byun Baekhyun is the picture perfect boyfriend.

 

He’s handsome, funny, and caring.  His smile can light up a room and his laugh puts butterflies in everyone's stomachs. Baekhyun is the brilliant ray of sunlight in my life.

 

However, the sun can’t always shine. You won’t ever see its light through the darkness of the night.

 

And as the sun is hidden, so are my boyfriend’s lies.

 

He thinks he’s so good at this game, that i’ll never find out. But he doesn’t know that i’ve already won. I’ve counted them all, more than the number of stars in the dark night sky.


 

I’ve uncovered all of Byun Baekhyun’s lies.


 

Tags: baekhyun  taeyeon  chanyeol  baekyeon  baekyeol


 

Though Baekhyun tended to stray away from stories that included BaekYeol, he couldn’t stop himself from pressing subscribe. None of his subscriptions had been updated and he didn’t feel like rereading old updates.  And there was something about the description that seemed harmless, unlike other BaekYeol fanfictions that depicted him and Chanyeol as homoual love interests. He also noticed that BaekYeon was listed as the main characters, so the vocalist didn’t think there would be a problem.

 

Completely, ignoring Kyungsoo and the cherries, Baekhyun got up from the table, without pushing in the chair. With the laptop in both hands, the vocalist made his way to his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He settled down on his bed, and pulled a new bag of cherry candies from under his pillow. Baekhyun, clicked on the first chapter of the fanfic and started reading.



 

“HOLY ! YEOL THERE’S A PIKACHU NEARBY!” Sehun yelled, shoving his phone into Chanyeol’s face to emphasize his excitement. “WE NEED TO GO NOW!”

 

It had been a little over two weeks since Pokemon GO was released, and Sehun was absolutely obsessed. The other members, mainly Chanyeol, had to physically keep him from hunting at 3AM when the mini map showed that a Snorlax was a step away. Whenever they were out of the dorm, Sehun was playing Pokemon GO, happily flinging poke balls even at Weedles, Pidgeys, and all those damn Rattatas that spawned literally everywhere. His only explanation was “I GOTTA CATCH ‘EM ALL.”  

 

“Sehun,” Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. “No.”

 

“BUT YEOL!” Sehun was already halfway out the door, wearing his imitation Ash Ketchum’s cap backwards. His fingers were itching to throw Poke Balls and eager to capture more new Pokemon. The maknae’s phone vibrated in his hand, and he screamed again.

 

“I can’t Sehun, I have to film some stupid glowstick video in an hour.”

 

“It won’t take that long to catch Pikachu!” Sehun whined, grabbing a hold of Chanyeol’s sleeve.

 

The rapper pulled out his phone and opened up Pokemon GO. The younger was right, there was a Pikachu nearby.  Though he wasn’t as crazy as Sehun, Chanyeol did love Pokemon. He’d been a fan ever since he was a child. The first toy he’d been given by his parents was a stuffed Charmander.

 

Heck, recently Chanyeol  even landed himself in controversy after he posted a clip of himself playing an illegally downloaded Pokemon game on Instagram. After many people pointed out that it was illegal, he took the the post down and uploaded an apology. He’d downloaded the game not knowing that it wasn’t legal. It was a mistake and he was embarrassed for not realizing it.

 

“Sehun, I know it won’t take long. However, we both know that you’ll convince me into catching more than just one Pikachu. Then, we’ll end up battling at gyms and visiting Poke Stops. And before we know it, the sun will have gone down and we won’t even know where we are. “

 

“But-”

 

“Also, I already have three Pikachus-so HA.” This time Chanyeol braggingly shoved his phone in Sehun’s face and playfully stuck out his tongue. “Just go by yourself. I need to get ready for that video.”

 

Just as he was about to head back to his room, Sehun took a hold of his hand, the maknae’s fingers gently slipping into the gaps between Chanyeol’s. The rapper’s hand was warm and a bit bigger than Sehun’s. The maknae softly rubbed his fingertips over Chanyeol’s knuckles, leading the other to turn his head and bring his gaze to their locked hands.

 

“It’s more fun with you though.” Sehun said, with a hint of shyness in his voice. His cheeks were as warm as Chanyeol’s hand. He looked down and lightly squeezed the other’s hand, lips trembling and palms beginning to feel moist.

 

Oh? What was this?

 

There was something about this sight of Sehun that tugged at Chanyeol’s heartstrings. It might have been the way the maknae held his hand, fingers intertwined, palms pressed together, and Sehun’s fingertips lightly rubbing against his knuckles. Or maybe it was the way Sehun looked down, as if he were embarrassed to look at Chanyeol. Maybe it was the way the younger’s lips trembled that made Chanyeol want to pull him close and press their lips together, despite standing in the entranceway of their dorm.

 

With his other hand, Chanyeol slipped his phone back into his pocket. Then, a bit unwillingly, he let go of Sehun’s hand and wrapped his arms around the other’s slim waist. Sehun was surprised as Chanyeol pulled him closer so that their chests were touching and their faces were only inches apart. He held his breath as the rapper closed the distance between them and lightly kissed the corner of his mouth.

 

“I’ll go Pokemon hunting with you after the video shoot, okay?” Chanyeol’s lips curled into a smile. “I’ll even set up a lure at the park nearby.”

 

Sehun’s face was completely pink now and he felt like he was a schoolgirl in a cheesy romance anime. His lips tingled with warmth and the maknae felt as if he were melting in Chanyeol’s arms. Was it hot in here or was it just Sehun’s cheeks? Nope. It was Chanyeol. Hot damn.

 

“F-Fine. But we have to hatch my two 5km eggs.”

 

“Deal.”

 
 

Counting Baekhyun’s Lies was split up into chapters by each individual lie. Only three chapters had been posted so far. The title of each chapter was based off of the lie that the fanfic’s Taeyeon had discovered or had theories about. The first lie was Fan Service. The second was Not Gay. The third was My Type.

 

It seemed that the fanfic followed the string of current events involving BaekYeol ever since the incident at the concert, to Baekhyun agonizing over Chanyeol’s ual orientation, to the ITA interview. Despite just being a fan made story, Baekhyun was impressed at how realistic the author’s writing style was. They wrote in a way that made the vocalist think that the author had been present at each unfortunate event.

 

 

Though reading the fanfiction didn’t keep Baekhyun from worrying about his relationship with Taeyeon, he was able to look at it from a different point of view. The story was told in the fanfic’s Taeyeon’s perspective. However, where fanfic Taeyeon was convinced that fanfic Baekhyun was lying to her, real life Taeyeon was beyond amused with Baekhyun’s BaekYeol situation. And rather than trying to sympathize with Baekhyun, the story’s Taeyeon sympathized with Chanyeol.

 

Just like Baekhyun, fanfic Taeyeon had doubts about their relationship and was even jealous of Chanyeol. Her mind was a melting pot of anxiety and uncertainness. Her feelings were all jumbled up and her heart was unsure if she could handle being with Baekhyun and his continuous lies. The dissimilarity of this Taeyeon and his Taeyeon made the vocalist feel a bit uncomfortable.

 

Did the fans think he wasn't a good boyfriend?

 

Did they think that he was nothing but a liar?

 

His Taeyeon barely talked to Chanyeol. Why did she feel bad for him in the story?

 

EXO’s manager knocked on Baekhyun door frame and leaned against it. “Baekhyun-ssi, did you forget about the video shoot? Hurry, we need to leave for the studio.”

 

Baekhyun quickly shut his laptop. The manager raised an eyebrow and gave the vocalist a weird look.

 

“Oh? Now just what were you watching, Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

“N-Nothing!” The vocalist jumped up from his bed and placed his hands on the manager’s shoulders, gently pushing him out of the room. “Let’s go! I’ve already got the moves down.”

 

He hummed nervously as they made their way to the van. The manager hopped into the driver’s seat. Just as the vocalist was about to open the passenger side door, he noticed that the seat was occupied by a certain rapper.  Chanyeol rolled down the window and gave Baekhyun a small smile.

 

The vocalist pointed at Chanyeol. “What the is he doing here?”

 

“You really weren’t listening to me when I told you.” The manager shook his head and buckled his seatbelt. “You two are filming together today.”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the delay on this update!

 

Thank you all for reading and subscribing (: You are all amazing and I love you all. 

 

If you don't already know about those Chanyeol Pokemon details, take a quick peek at these articles. 

 

Illegal download

 

Pokemon GO

 

Also, does anyone here play Pokemon GO? Team Mystic all the way! I'm only level 13 right now. How about you guys?

 

Thank you all once again! Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear your feedback <3

 

~FlamerLocket-