The Wait

Slip of the Lips

"You should go to bed soon." D.O said as he wrapped a blanket around Sehun.

The maknae was seated at the kitchen table, eyes intently watching the front door and fingers tapping against his thigh. He mumbled a quiet thanks to the vocalist. At the moment, sleeping was the furthest thing from his mind.

"Sehun, you're going to catch a cold." He spared a quick glance at the microwave clock. The glowing numbers read 12:26 PM. "It's late."

"You should sleep then, hyung." Sehun hummed in response.

D.O sighed. He reached over to ruffle the younger's hair. "Alright, but try to get some rest."

Sehun heard the sound of the floorboards creaking as the other made his way toward the bedrooms. Only when he heard D.O's door close did Sehun get up from the table. He groaned as his joints creaked like the floor had. Stretching, he shuffled over to the door and sat a few feet away from it, D.O's blanket wrapped around his shoulders.

 

He should have been back by now.

Sehun pulled his phone from his pocket. No new messages. Even so, he opened up his message app and tapped on his conversation with Chanyeol.



Chanyeol: the shoot should be over in an hour   6:49 PM

Chanyeol: could i treat you to some dinner before our pokemon hunt? (;   6:50 PM

Sehun: Are you sure you didn't forget your wallet again, ?   6:52 PM

Chanyeol: why are you so mean to meee ;~;   6:52 PM

Chanyeol: but yes, i have my wallet   6:53 PM

Sehun: I guess I'll let you treat me then.   6:55 PM

Chanyeol: It's a date!   6:58 PM



After that last text, Sehun had scrambled up from his bed. Frantically, he threw open his closet, eyes darting back and forth, looking for something decent to wear. He was going to go on a date. A date. A date with Park Chanyeol. The maknae felt a familiar heat fill his cheeks. He raised his hands to his face and slapped at his cheeks until they ached. He shook his head. There was no reason to be getting all girly like this. They were only going out for dinner and catching Pokemon.

Also, it was a free dinner. Sehun was never one to resist free things.

Though, Sehun didn't want to acknowledge it as a date, Chanyeol already had. It was strange. There was a sinking feeling in Sehun’s stomach. Something had changed. He wasn’t sure if he was ready for whatever it wasn’t. Sehun wasn’t exactly sure of the change either.

 

He tried to calm himself down as he sifted through his clothes, discarding unwanted pieces on the floor by his feet.  Of course there was something off about Chanyeol. He was going to take Sehun out on a date. They’d never gone out together and labeled it as a date. It made no sense to do so, because they weren’t dating.

 

Friends with benefits. The words tingled on Sehun’s tongue. He was all for casual and random hookups. He shied away from romance and was only interested in ual intimacy. He found no need for love. To Sehun, love was fleeting, painful, and a waste of time. Why put yourself through all that trouble when you could have a relationship without it? A simple, casual, ual relationship.

 

It was important for one to be close to their ual partner. However, not too close. Close enough to the point where one knew the other’s weak spots. Close enough to know each other’s kinks and turn ons. Not one’s dreams or aspirations. Sehun didn’t need to know any backstory or hardships. He just wanted to be on his back with rough hands on his hips.

 

Chanyeol was a weird guy though. He dominated in bed and did the same in their post ual activity conversations. It didn’t take long for Sehun to realize that Chanyeol could talk for hours about the most lackluster things. Within a month of their no strings attached relationship, he’d known so much more about Chanyeol than he had before they started sleeping together.

 

Whenever he closed his eyes, Sehun could map out Chanyeol's entire body, from the shape of his nose, to the ripples of his muscled arms, the curves and dips of his abs, all the way down to his toned legs and large feet. He knew which spots made the rapper giggle if he touched them. He knew which spots were the most sensitive, leading Chanyeol to moan when stimulated. Sehun knew how perfectly his body fit against Chanyeol's when they were being intimate.

They were closer physically than any of the other members. Sehun wouldn't have it any other way. Chanyeol was his in bed and his alone. He wouldn't stand for the thought of Chanyeol sleeping around with someone else. The maknae mentally kicked himself as these thoughts crossed his mind.

Oh Sehun just what are you thinking now? It shouldn't matter to you who Chanyeol sleeps with.

No strings attached. It seemed simple enough, and the maknae knew he wouldn’t be having any problems.

 

Sehun couldn't possibly let himself fall for someone like Park Chanyeol. The only attraction between them was ual.

 

He'd never have feelings for that tall, dumb, giant with ears the size of satellites. Sehun was sure that the bubbling feeling he got in his stomach whenever Chanyeol smiled or laughed was only lust, not butterflies.  When they kissed, his cheeks would get warm, but Sehun thought it was because Chanyeol was really ing good at kissing, not because he was left breathless and dizzy every time.

 

And what was so good about holding Chanyeol’s warm, big hands and lacing their fingers together? No, Sehun totally did not enjoy being pulled into Chanyeol’s strong arms at night. Whenever they made eye contact, Sehun’s heart wouldn’t skip a beat, he’d just have weird chest pains.

It wasn’t weird that he loved Chanyeol’s natural smell, right? And he didn’t sneak into the giant’s room when he wasn’t at the dorm to snuggle into his sheets and sniff the covers and pillow. Chanyeol’s bed was just more comfortable in Sehun’s opinion, and even more so when the owner was in it beside him.

Also, Chanyeol’s clumsiness was not the most adorable thing he’d ever seen. And the only reason he wanted to be around the rapper was because he wanted some to touch him and make out with him, not someone to hold him and whisper sweet things into his ear until he fell asleep.

 

Not unless that someone was Chanyeol.

 

“Well me,” Sehun had mumbled under his breath. “I think I like him.”

 

He glanced into the body-length mirror and let out a satisfied sigh. He’d spent the last 50 minutes choosing an outfit, styling his hair, and applying a faint amount of makeup. Sehun slammed his palms into the wall, the mirror hanging between his arms. With second thoughts on his mind about going out tonight, he almost gave into the urge to strip off all his clothes, clean his face, and hop back into bed, burying himself underneath the covers.

 

He’d rather be suffocated by his blankets than out on a date with Chanyeol after he'd just realized his feelings for the other.

“Chill out, Hun,” he told his reflection, cringing when he noticed the shakiness of his voice. “I think I need more BB cream…”

The maknae took a note of the painfully obvious blush that painted his cheeks. Imagining holding the rapper’s hand made him more flustered than having him in between his legs. Sehun was ed, both literally and metaphorically, and he knew it. He had less than ten minutes to calm his nerves before Chanyeol came back to the dorm.

The maknae found himself pacing back and forth in the hallway. One by one, the other members popped their heads out from behind their doors, curious to see the reason behind the constant creaking of the floorboards  and Sehun cursing beneath his breath. Once Xiumin told the Sehun that he was giving him anxiety, the younger grabbed his hyung by the shoulders and cried,”I’M MORE ANXIOUS RIGHT NOW THAN I’VE BEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.”

 

“I don’t care. Pace somewhere other than this hallway.” Had been the response Sehun received.

 

He’d sat down at the kitchen table, fingers nervously playing with the end of his sleeve as he stared at the front door. Any minute now, Chanyeol would walk through that door. Maybe Chanyeol would hold his hand again after they left the dorm.

 

Fifteen minutes had passed, and Chanyeol had yet to come back. Sehun itched with anticipation as he waited, convincing himself that Chanyeol would be at the dorm soon. A minute later, Sehun found himself daydreaming.

 

The maknae could see it now, sitting across from Chanyeol in a nice restaurant. It wouldn’t be somewhere popular, they knew better than to attract unwanted attention to themselves. Chanyeol would order for him, like he always did when the group went out to eat together. The rapper always knew what Sehun wanted.

 

At some point during the meal, Chanyeol would reach across the table and try to hold Sehun’s hand. Instead of slapping the larger hand away, Sehun would press their palms together and intwine their fingers. He’d look away when Chanyeol smiled, but not quick enough to miss the happy expression on the other’s face. Maybe Chanyeol would blush too.

An hour passed and still no Chanyeol. Sehun could feel it, Chanyeol would be back soon.

After dinner, Chanyeol would hold onto Sehun’s hand as they walked to the park. His grip would tighten and Sehun’s blush would worsen. Then, Chanyeol would complain, like a big baby,  about how cold the night air was. Willingly, Sehun would snuggle in closer to his side.  Unseen to Sehun, Chanyeol would smile. He’d  pull Sehun down onto the park’s bench swing, holding him close.

Another hour passed. They must have hit traffic on the way back. The highway was always horrible at this time. The only person who’d come through the door was Suho, carrying loads of takeout for all the other members. The rest of them had gathered in the living room to watch a movie as they ate. When they called for the maknae, he said he wasn’t hungry. Sehun returned to his thoughts.

Chanyeol would forget about the lure. Sehun wouldn’t mind. He would be too busy enjoying the other’s body heat to fulfill his dream of catching them all. The maknae could see Chanyeol turning to him on that bench swing, eyes glistening, cheeks flushed, and lips plump and looking oh so kissable.  Maybe Chanyeol would be able to hear the rapid beating of Sehun’s heart.  They’d look into each other's eyes, and without any spoken words, Chanyeol would understand.  He’d place his hands on Sehun’s cheeks and lean in, connecting their mouths.

“Me too, Sehun,” Chanyeol would whisper against the other’s lips. “I like you too.”

Slowly, two more hours passed. Chanyeol still hadn’t returned. This time, Sehun couldn’t find a way to convince himself that the rapper would be back at the dorm any time soon. But stubborn as he as, he continued to wait.

 

 

Chanyeol yawned loudly as he climbed the stairs with Baekhyun. They’d managed to wrap up the video shoot by 12:00 PM.  Then, their manager had insisted on treating them to a late night dinner of  barbecued beef and some frozen custard for dessert. It was a pleasant meal, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol had fallen back into the normal rhythm of their friendship.

 

By the time they got back to the dorm, it was nearly 1:00 AM.

“Dang, your face was real ugly for a moment,” Baekhyun laughed after witnessing Chanyeol’s yawn.

“Yeah, well you’re always ugly,” the Chanyeol replied, playfully shoving the other.

Baekhyun flipped his bangs and batted his eyelashes. “Girl please,” he said. “You just wish you were as beautiful as me.”

They boys laughed hysterically as they walked into the dorm, not caring if their voices woke up any of the other members. After removing their shoes and putting away their coats, Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol.

“We’re okay now, right?” Baekhyun asked quietly, his tired, droopy eyes find their way to Chanyeol’s wide ones.  Light filtered into the entranceway from the bedroom hallway. Though the lighting was dim, Baekhyun could see sparkles in Chanyeol’s eyes. Something pinched in the vocalist’s chest.

Completely unseen to the other boys and  thankfully hidden in the darkness of the room, Sehun watched as Baekhyun reached for Chanyeol’s hand. He saw the giant step closer to the vocalist.

Sehun held his breath.

“Yes,” Chanyeol said, throwing his arms around Baekhyun in a bone crushing hug.

Sehun’s hands curled into fists.

“Y-Yeol!” Baekhyun wheezed and laughed at the same time. “Can’t breathe!”

Chanyeol smiled into the darkness of the room. “I’m just happy to have my best friend back.”

“Despite everything that happened tonight, I’m so happy,” Chanyeol said. “Thank you.”

“You dumb giant,” Baekhyun laughed.”Let me goooo~ I’m sleepy.”

Chanyeol released his hold on Baekhyun. They stood there for a moment, stupidly large smiles plastered across both of their faces. Baekhyun had never seen Chanyeol this happy before. He felt his smile grow a little bit more.

Sehun wanted to march over to Baekhyun and slap that smile off his face.

“Well,” Baekhyun said, making his way over the bedrooms.”I’m gonna hit the hay now.”

“Good night, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol whispered softly. He watched as the vocalist walked down the hallway. Just as the rapper convinced himself that there was no way Baekhyun heard him, the vocalist turned around.

“Sweet dreams, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun called.

Sehun felt sick to his stomach at the sound of the vocalist’s voice.

The rapper smiled to himself when he heard Baekhyun’s door close. Chanyeol made sure to close the front door and lock it. He turned around and pressed the light switch. As the lights overhead flickered on, Chanyeol squinted into the brightness of the room. Looking around, his eyes landed on a certain someone.

“Sehun?”

Sehun sneezed. He was shivering and the tip of his nose was red. Chanyeol rushed over to Sehun, wrapping his arms around the shaking boy. Though he wanted to move away from rapper, Sehun couldn’t find the strength to. And it just felt so good to be in Chanyeol’s arms. Chanyeol pressed his forehead against the maknae’s and gasped. Sehun was burning up.

“You have a fever. Hold on, I’m going to take you to bed.”

Chanyeol adjusted the blanket around Sehun. Carefully, he picked up the shivering maknae . The rapper carried Sehun all the way down the hall and to his room. Once they were inside, he set the younger down on his bed, tucking him in with all the covers he had. After he’d settled Sehun in, Chanyeol ran to the bathroom to fetch a warm washcloth.

Sehun stared at the ceiling as he laid in Chanyeol’s bed.  He forgot about me.

When the rapper came back, he sat down beside Sehun. Careful, calloused fingers brushed back Sehun’s hair. The younger let out a broken sigh when Chanyeol placed the washcloth on his forehead. Eyes falling closed, Sehun let the other his hair.

“What were you doing, Sehun?” Chanyeol scolded the maknae gently. “You got yourself sick.”

Sehun’s voice was barely a whisper when Chanyeol heard him.

 

“I was waiting for you.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for all the errors that might be in this chapter! I was in a hurry to update ;~;

Thank you all for reading and subscribing <3

Please leave me comments (: I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

~FlamerLocket-