Wash Me Well

Slip of the Lips

Sehun woke up to soft, red locks tickling his face. The scent of fresh hair dye and pomegranate lingered in his nose. An arm was beneath his head and another was loosely flung across his waist. His throat was coarse and he could feel the dull beginnings of a headache.

 

Though he wanted to free himself from whoever was in bed with him, the maknae’s body just wouldn’t move. He sighed in discomfort at the heaviness of the other’s limbs. His tired eyes looked to the window. The blinds were closed, but he could hear the faint sounds of evening traffic. Outside of the room, he could hear dishes clattering and indistinct voices of his hyungs.

 

Clothes were haphazardly strewn on the wooden floor, along with empty water bottles and an assortment of colorful guitar picks. Oh. This was Chanyeol’s room. He glanced back to the red mop of hair beside him. But who was this?

 

The owner of the red hair grumbled and turned to face Sehun. The maknae’s eyes met the sight of a peacefully sleeping Chanyeol. Lips parted, eyelashes fluttering, and a cutely scrunched up nose made the younger’s heart skip a beat.  Sehun’s cheeks flushed the same color as the other’s new hair.

 

When did he have it dyed? Did we do it so  hard that I can’t remember anything that happened?

 

There was a knock at the door. D.O and Kai announced that they had dinner for Sehun. Not waiting for any response, they opened the door and stepped inside. The dancer held a bowl and the vocalist had a bottle of medicine and some water.

 

Sehun didn’t miss the look of disgust that crossed D.O’ s face when he took in the sight of Chanyeol’s very messy room.  Kai shook his head as he set the bowl down on the nightstand. He grabbed one of Chanyeol’s long legs, and pulled the giant out of bed. The rapper landed on the floor with a thunk. He was startled into a confused, half-awake state.

 

Once Chanyeol had his bearings, he turned to face the vocalist and dancer. “Is Sehun okay?!” He asked a bit too loudly, noticing when the other two winced at the volume of his voice.

 

Sehun was even more confused. Especially when he noticed that D.O and Kai had new hairstyles as well. He listed ask D.O tsked and pushed Chanyeol aside, taking a seat next to Sehun on the bed. He handed the maknae the glass of water. Sehun received it with shaky hands.

 

“What happened?” he rasped out, cringing at the pain in his throat that came from speaking.

 

D.O lightly flicked him on the head. “You didn’t listen to me last night. Now take your medicine.” He  popped a pill into Sehun’s mouth and pushed the water to his lips.  The younger did as he was told, the cool water soothing his aching throat as he swallowed.

 

“Do you need help eating, baby Hun?” Kai asked, teasing as he picked up the bowl. Sehun could see it was rice porridge. He rolled his eyes at the dancer.

 

Chanyeol grabbed the bowl away from the dancer and took a seat next to D.O. “I can help him. You two can leave.”

 

D.O frowned, but got off the bed. Kai had already left.

 

“You know,” D.O said, a mothering tone coating his voice.”You’re supposed the change the towels when they  get cold, Chanyeol. Sehun’s sweat will collect on them and it’ll become very unsanitary very quickly. Also, how can you take care of him when you’re passed out beside him in bed? And make sure he takes his medicine every four hours. And please, make sure that the porridge isn’t too hot before you feed it to him--”

 

Before he could comprehend what was happening, D.O found himself being shoved out of the room and face to face with Chanyeol’s closed door.  He shook his head, but before he walked back to the kitchen he yelled,”Park Chanyeol! Remember to clean your room!”

 

“Really that guy… He’s worse than my mother,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath as he plopped back down on the bed. He picked up the bowl of rice porridge and scooped some into the spoon. Bringing the spoon to his lips, he blew on it, not wanting the porridge to burn the maknae’s mouth.

 

“Say ‘ah’~” Chanyeol said, holding the spoon up to Sehun’s lips.

 

That’s when it all clicked. Seven hours were spent waiting in the drafty kitchen. Seven hours were wasted fantasizing about a date that would never happen. He waited seven hours for Chanyeol. The entire time, Sehun found excuses to explain Chanyeol’s absence. Having something to look forward to made it easier for Sehun to convince himself of the other’s return.

 

In the end, Sehun didn’t even care about the date. He was worried about the other. Chanyeol hadn’t even left him any messages. When he called and texted, the maknae received no response. Sehun had never understood disappointment until the rapper got back to the dorm at nearly 2:00 AM. Not only had Chanyeol come back late and with Baekhyun, (as if that didn’t make things any worse), he’d completely forgotten about his plans with Sehun.

 

The younger eyed the spoon of rice porridge. He pushed Chanyeol’s hand away and moved to get off the bed.  However, he failed to recognize the cramp in his legs and moments later, found himself stumbling to the floor.

 

“Sehun!” Chanyeol gasped in surprise. He quickly helped the maknae to his feet. “Are you okay? Do you need to go to the bathroom?”

 

“If I needed to, I could go there myself, Chanyeol,” Sehun said dryly. He crossed his arms and made a move to leave again, but before he could take another step, Chanyeol stopped him.

 

“Sehun. You fell right after you got out of bed. I know that you need my help.”

 

“And who’s fault is it that I’m sick, huh?” The younger snapped.

 

The rapper froze in his spot, looking at Sehun and completely at a loss for words. With Chanyeol in his daze, Sehun stumbled out of the room and into his own. He collapsed on to his bed, grabbed a pillow to cover his mouth, and screamed a long string of cuss words and Chanyeol’s name at the end.



 

“Byun Baekhyun, what the hell are you doing in my kitchen?” D.O’s face went white as he took in the disastrous state of his beloved kitchen.

 

The kitchen was almost as white as D.O’s face, every surface covered in a thick layer of flour. Pots, pans, whisks, spatulas, and every kind of kitchen utensil that one could image, were scattered around the room with the flour.  Egg yolks made a sticky mess on the table and egg shells crunched beneath the vocalist’s feet as he rushed over to pull Baekhyun away from the oven. There was a foul smell coming from the appliance.

 

When D.O opened the oven door, a thick black smoke poured out and filled the kitchen. Panicking, Baekhyun grabbed the fire extinguisher from under the sink and sprayed the white foam into the oven, hitting D.O with it in the process. The smoke alarm went off and a frantic-looking Suho ran into the kitchen.

 

“Hyung open the window!” Baekhyun cried

 

Suho dashed to the window and flung it open, coughing as the smoke met his nostrils and trailed outside. D.O and Baekhyun were coughing and wheezing as well, cringing at the foul burning smell that wafted from the oven and he blackened pan that D.O was holding.

 

After they gathered themselves, the leader crossed his arms and stormed over to the vocalists. D.O was covered head-to-toe in white foam from the fire extinguisher. Beside him, Baekhyun’s hair was messy and coated with flour,  his face smeared with pink frosting, and a layer of flour covered his clothes as well. He gave Suho a sheepish smile as he returned the extinguisher back to its place under the sink.

 

“I swear I wasn’t me this time!” They heard Jongdae yell from the living room. They were briefly reminded of the time when Jongdae had wanted cookies and somehow managed to set the kitchen table on fire.

“You each have 15 seconds to explain,” Suho said in a tone that the members barely heard, unless someone had gotten themselves in deep .

 

“It was Baekhyun,” D.O said, terror evident in his eyes and the way his voice trembled at bit.

 

Suho glared at the other vocalist and tilted his head to the side, fire in his eyes as he began cracking his knuckles.

 

“OkaysoknowI’vebeenanlatelyandIwantedtoapologizetoYeolsoIwastryingtomakeacake,” Baekhyun breathed out so quickly that he wasn’t sure if the leader understood a word he’d said.

 

“You call this cake?” D.O said gaping at the blackened mess in his gloved hands. He walked over to the trashcan and dumped the entire pain inside. “Baekhyun, under normal circumstances, I would make you clean this kitchen until it was spotless, but I don’t even want you near this room for the next month. NOW GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN.”

 

Face red and fists clenched, D.O promptly kicked the other vocalist into the next room. Out of the corner of his eye, D.O saw Kai hiding behind one of the kitchen chairs.

 

“Are you just going to cower back there, or are you going to help me clean up this mess? “

 

Kai got up and grabbed a broom.

 

“You too, hyung.” D.O turned to Suho, who was one step away from leaving the room. Sure the leader was angry and could be terrifying when he was, but there was no one who scared him more than Do Kyungsoo and a destroyed kitchen. Looks, like he wasn’t getting away this time.


 

Just because the second syllable of his name sounded like the english word ‘bake’, it didn’t meant that Byun Baekhyun knew anything about baking. Therefore, one might be able to understand the frustration he experienced as he tried to wash the flour out of his hair. Mixing water, shampoo, and flour had left a sticky, gooey mixture that had clumped together in the vocalist’s newly dyed hair. No amount of water would wash it out; all of Baekhyun’s efforts made the mess worse.

 

Thank goodness he’d dusted all the power off of his clothes before tossing them into the laundry basket. He could only imagine the disaster that would be created with the mixture of all the member’s clothes, flour, and water.  Baekhyun sighed as he turned off the water and shook out his hair. He glanced at the mirror. Yikes.

 

“Baekhyun, are you in there?” Chanyeol called from the other side of the closed door. “You’ve been in there for a while? You alright?

 

“Yeah, I am,” the vocalist responded touching his flour-clumped hair.  Gosh what am I going to do about this? “Mmm and I’m alright-AH !”

 

Baekhyun had gotten up from his seat at the edge of the tub, but slipped on some water that had been on the floor. The vocalist tripped and found himself tumbling to the floor, but did not feel the impact of his body hitting the cold, hard tile. He’d fallen, spun, and landed right in Chanyeol’s strong, open arms. Something in his chest fluttered and Baekhyun’s stomach did somersaults when he looked up and saw Chanyeol smiling down at him.

 

The vocalist’s normal reaction would have been to scream, cover up his bare chest (thankfully he’d decided to keep on his boxers while washing his hair), and punch Chanyeol in the face while calling him a ert. But rather than being freaked out at the moment, Baekhyun was nothing more than embarrassed that the giant had to see him like this. The taller helped Baekhyun too his feet.

 

“I heard about what happened in the kitchen,” Chanyeol laughed, as he patted Baekhyun’s flour-clumped hair. The vocalist’s cheeks flushed a bright pink. That disaster was even more of an embarrassment than what had just happened.

 

However, Chanyeol didn’t think so. He thought that Baekhyun going to all the trouble to make him a cake, despite the obvious lack of his baking skills was the sweetest thing that other had ever done for him.

 

“D.O won’t let me in the kitchen for a month,” Baekhyun sighed as he sat back down on the edge of the tub. “And if that’s not bad enough, I can’t get all this damn flour out of my hair.”

 

He wondered if the told Chanyeol why he was making a cake.

 

“Have you tried baby shampoo?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Do we even have that stuff in the dorm?” Baekhyun turned around in time to see Chanyeol pulling a yellow bottle of the shampoo from the cabinet. He smiled at Baekhyun.

 

The rapper also took two towels. He folded one and set it on the floor by the tub and placed the other one on the edge next to Baekhyun. Gently, he tugged at the vocalist’s wrist and motioned for him to sit down on the folded towel.

 

“Huh?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with a puzzled expression on his face as he sat down on the towel. He leaned back against the tub and watched as Chanyeol unhooked the detachable shower head from the wall.

 

“It’s easier with someone’s help,” Chanyeol said after turning on the water and checking the temperature.

 

Baekhyun started to get up from the floor,“Oh no Yeol you don’t have to-”

 

“But I want to,” he cut the vocalist off. Chanyeol gently pushed Baekhyun back down against the tub.  The smaller boy drew in a deep breath at the touch of Chanyeol’s warm fingers against the sensitive skin of his bare chest. He shivered as tingles of electricity sparked beneath his skin. Chanyeol’s touch had left him hot and dizzy.

 

The giant sat in front of Baekhyun, his skinny thighs practically straddling the vocalist’s legs. He could feel the heat radiating off of Chanyeol’s body. His eyes raked down the marvelous sight of Chanyeol’s exposed arms, the lines of his muscles making Baekhyun’s mouth water. The rapper reached over the tub to cover his fingers in the lightly scented baby shampoo.

 

A breathy sigh escaped Baekhyun’s parted lips when Chanyeol’s calloused fingers slowly threaded into his hair. “Close your eyes,” Chanyeol murmured softly as he lathered the shampoo into the vocalist’s black locks, fingertips lightly massaging the other’s scalp. The vocalist let his eyelids fall shut.  Baekhyun let out a quiet moan at the press and pull of the giant’s fingertips and fingers. He found himself unwinding and relaxing under the giant’s touch.

 

Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol’s hot breath against his even hotter cheeks. Another sigh slipped past his lips when the other began to wash the shampoo out of his hair. He felt something warm trickle down his chest, followed by the feeling of a towel wiping it off. Every touch of Chanyeol’s fingers and hands left Baekhyun’s skin tingling.

 

“Sorry,” Chanyeol said, his deep honey voice left Baekhyun wondering if the mouth it came from tasted as good as it sounded.

 

He mentally slapped himself. His thoughts were becoming a bit too ual.

 

Chanyeol combed his fingers through Baekhyun’s bangs, and followed them with the shower head, rinsing away the mixed flour and shampoo. He worked his way to the sides of the other’s head, to the top, and then to the hair at the back of Baekhyun’s head, closest to his neck. Chanyeol almost dropped the shower head on the vocalist’s nose when he heard a particular loud moan leave the other’s mouth. The rapper stopped the movement of his fingers.

 

Baekhyun tensed up. Chanyeol had found his sensitive spot, the back of his neck. The vocalist cracked open an eye and saw Chanyeol frozen in front of him, eyes wider than normal, cheeks tinted pink, and arms shaking. He opened his other eye and coughed awkwardly.  Despite the awkward tension, Baekhyun didn’t fail to notice the reddish purple bruise on the side of the other’s face.

 

“M-My neck…” Baekhyun started. “The skin is really...sensitive.”

 

“O-Oh!” Chanyeol said. “S-Sorry Baek, I thought that I hurt you!” He exclaimed (and lied), pretending that the lewd sound Baekhyun made hadn’t left his head spinning. It took him a moment to catch his breath and get past his thoughts, which were dancing dangerously close to certain extremes. Chanyeol finished washing Baekhyun’s hair, the vocalist making sure to keep his mouth shut and the rapper trying his best not to touch the other’s neck.

 

After the giant was done with Baekhyun’s hair, he got on his knees and cleaned up the flour that had gathered in clumps in the tub, humming as he did so. The vocalist observed his hair in the mirror, running his fingers through his soft, shiny locks, which were now 100% flour free. He smiled in satisfaction at his reflection.

 

“ing hell,” Chanyeol swore all of a sudden.

 

Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol stand and pull his shirt off. “W-What are you doing?” The vocalist spluttered, his eyes tracing all the lines and dips of Chanyeol’s abs. He oogled at the other’s half- body, but stopped himself when he noticed all the bruises that bloomed on the taller’s skin, just like the one on his face.

 

I did that to him...

 

“I got my shirt wet when I was cleaning---Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun’s fingers were brushing against the bruises on Chanyeol’s skin, the bruises that he’d put there when they were at the studio. He didn’t realize that he’d punched the other hard enough to leave evidence of his violent actions.

 

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I’m sorry for hurting you…”

 

“Baekhyun…”


 

Sehun staggered out of his bedroom. His head was throbbing painfully, but it couldn’t compare to the pain in his heart. He still couldn’t believe that Chanyeol had ditched him for Baekhyun last night. It wasn't fair. He made his way to the bathroom and pushed the door open, not even bothering to knock.

 

It only took a moment for Sehun to take in the sight before him and to feel everything crashing down around him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun both nearly . The vocalist’s hands on Chanyeol’s chest and the rapper’s arms around Baekhyun’s waist. Sehun trembled with anger, hurt, and jealousy.

 

“Get the away from him.”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all for reading and subscribing <3

The next chapter will most likely include BaekYeon. Also, this story will probably wrap up after 20 chapters.

Here's some BaekYeol for y'all xD

I'm going back to school on the 15th. Updates will be less frequent. However, I'll try to udate at least once every month.

Please drop me some comments; I'd love to hear your thoughts<3

 

~FlamerLocket-