Cherry Lips

Slip of the Lips

 

 

 

 

Cherries. Baekhyun tasted like cherries.

 

His lips were full and plush. The vocalist’s mouth was probably the softest that Chanyeol had ever kissed--well, accidentally kissed.

One of their songs was blasting from the speakers, the fans were screaming, cheering, and singing along with the rest of the EXO members. Cameras gave off blinding flashes and colorful pieces of confetti fell from the ceiling.The stage shook as the other members danced and ran around. Behind Chanyeol, Sehun was clapping and laughing hysterically at the scene before him.

 

But through all the chaos, the only thing Chanyeol could hear was the sound of his heart pounding in his ears. He was lost in the feeling of Baekhyun’s cherry flavored lips. He was frozen in his spot.

Thin fingers grabbed a hold of his shirt, pulling him closer. Chanyeol couldn’t hear it, but the fans’ screams became deafening. Baekhyun’s unblinking eyes fell closed and the rapper found those soft lips kissing him back.

His mind went blank and he gasped against the vocalist’s mouth.

Was this really happening?

Before Chanyeol could make a move to get up, Baekhyun pushed him away, knocking him over on to his bottom. Baekhyun covered his mouth with a shaky hand. He glanced around at the slightly amused/shocked EXO members, the screaming fans, the many cameras that had been broadcasting live, and a confused Chanyeol in front of him.

Baekhyun’s lips tingled with warmth. The realization dawned on him.  With tears in his eyes, he scrambled off the floor and bolted offstage.

 

After the concert, 9 exhausted boys headed to their vans.  D.O, Kai, Sehun, and Baekhyun in one. Lay, Xiumin, and Chen in the other. Chanyeol and Suho were the last ones to leave the building. The group’s leader stopped in his tracks when the rapper turned around to face him.

 

“Hyung…”

 

When they drove to the concert, Suho had ridden in the van with the remaining EXO-M members. Chanyeol was in the other van with the rest of the boys. He caught Baekhyun’s gaze through the window and quickly looked away. There was a sinking feeling in his gut.

 

Suho only needed to take a look at the boy’s weary expression to understand what he was thinking. He nodded and patted Chanyeol on the shoulder.

 

“Yes, we can switch vans, Chanyeol-ah.”

 

The taller boy thanked him with a weak smile and climbed into the second van, settling down in the shotgun spot. Suho hopped inside the other van.

 

As they drove back to their dorm, Sehun whined loudly from the back seat. "Aw man. Why'd you have to switch with him hyung? I wanted to tease Yeol."

 

Suho could feel the maknae's annoyed stare through the back of his head. "Sehun what you did was uncalled for."

 

Sehun snorted. "Uncalled for? Please, that giant klutz tripped over his own feet!"

 

Beside the youngest boy, Baekhyun sat slumped against window, his face covered with his hood as he pretended to sleep.

 

Kai laughed and slapped his thigh. "You've gotta admit though, that fall was great! Dude and his face-- his cheeks were pinker than Yeon Hee's!"

 

 

In the other vehicle, Chanyeol stared at the tinted back window of the van in front of them. "Sehun's a little ." He spat.

 

"Nah, you're just really clumsy." Lay patted him on the head. "It's okay Chanyeol."

 

The dancer went on telling him that he should take all of his negative emotions and channel them into composing music and that they should practice guitar later together. "Oh! I just got some cool new notebooks and the fans sent me some really nice glitter pens and scented markers. You can have some notebooks if you want but don't take the one with the unicorn on the front, that's mine--And I could help you with writing lyrics!! We could add the song to our next album! But I think we should order some pizza because I'm kinda hungry and pizza is great brain food. But then I don't wanna touch my guitar with greasy, cheesy fingers. How can such a tasty food feel so gross in your hands?! I know that I'll wash my hands, but they really never feel clean after I wash them so maybe we should eat afterwards but I'm really hungry and I can't think properly without food. And I don't want all the other members to eat the pizza before we have chance to get some, gosh this is such a dilemma hm what do you thin-"

 

Xiumin placed his hand over Lay's mouth to stop him. "Okay Yixing, I think Chanyeol gets the idea." Once that boy got started talking, he never shut up.

 

Despite the fact that Lay was talking a million miles an hour, the rapper hadn't heard anything he said. Chanyeol was too busy trying to wrap his mind around what happened at the concert.

 

 

Everything that happened on his part was purely accidental. It was Sehun's fault that he fell on the vocalist. He hadn't intended to kiss Baekhyun. They knew about 'BaekYeol' and the fans' love of their alleged bromance. The two of them often planned out little bromancy acts of fanservice together to perform in front of the EXO-Ls. It wasn't awkward for them and it was great to see the girls get so excited over their fake coupley actions. Chanyeol would like to think that when Baekhyun kissed him back, it was just for the enjoyment of the fans. However he'd never thought the other would be so bold. A kiss on the cheek seemed okay to Chanyeol for fanservice, but a kiss on the lips was on a whole other level.

 

The tall boy was snapped out of his thoughts by Chen's crazy laughter. Xiumin and Lay were laughing too. And so was the manager in the driver's seat. Looking up, he saw Sehun and Kai making exaggerated kissy faces at them. Then, the two boys grabbed each other and pretended to make out the way Sehun and Baekhyun had in EXO Next Door. Chanyeol glared at them.

 

Sehun turned his head and locked eyes with Chanyeol before closing them and mouthing, "Oh Chanyeol~" as he smirked and curled his arms around Kai's neck. Kai did the same but instead mouthed, "Oh Baekhyun~" as he wrapped his arms around the boy's waist and pushed him down on the seat.

 

When they sat up, Sehun and Kai were holding a fansign with BAEKEYOL <3 written across it in big, sparkly letters. Then they proceeded to fake make out again. Lay and Xiumin had to hold back an angry Chanyeol to keep him from jumping out of the moving van and going over to the other one to beat the two maknaes up.

 

 

 

D.O knocked on Baekhyun's bedroom door. "We ordered pizza. If you want some you should come and get it before it's gone. Everyone's really hungry."

 

He waited a few moments. There was no response. Sighing, he headed back to the living room. 

 

On the other side  of the door, Baekhyun sat in the corner, hugging his legs to his chest. The floor around him was littered with the shiny wrappers of his favorite cherry candy. His eyes were red and puffy. Messy eyeliner was smudged around his eyes and smeared on his pale cheeks. 

 

A little ding sounded from his phone, signaling a new message. He pulled it out of his pocket and peered at the screen. 

 

 

   💕 Taeyeon 💕 just now

          Hey Babe. I heard you kissed Chanyeol today. 

           slide to reply

 

 

 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Hello you !
Thank you very much for reading and subscribing! I hope you'll enjoy this story. I'm sorry if you didn't like the first chapter that much :c
But please tell me what you think. I'd love your feedback.  ~FlamerLocket-
 
Oh and wanna hear something funny? While I was typing this chapter my mom asked me if I wanted to eat cherries xD Also if you don't know who Yeon Hee is, she's the female lead in EXO Next Door. If you haven't watched it, I suggest that you do :D