Things Get Heated Up

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Angela and Josy woke up with an enthusiasm that it was Friday, and they would have the whole weekend to do whatever they wanted. Maybe they would even get to see EXO again. Josy left the room to shower for the morning, and Angela changed clothes. Angela pulled back the curtains to let the natural light come in while she got ready for the day. In the window directly across from hers, she saw Xiumin eating breakfast. She felt a bit embarrassed for accidentally spying on him, and at that moment he looked up and waved at her. She gave an awkward wave back and turned away quickly, not wanting to seem more like a stalker.

Angela’s face heated up. She hadn’t seen him since the night he found out that he was her bias, and she didn’t want to think about how embarrassing that situation was. She took a quick glance back at Xiumin and looked away again. He really was super cute, and she couldn’t help how her thoughts turned to how much she liked him.

While Angela was spacing out thinking about Xiumin, Josy came back into the room. “Are you ready to go? We have to leave now,” she said, giving Angela a curious look.

“Um, yeah,” Angela said, snapping out of her thoughts. “Let’s go to work.”

*    *    *

Later that day Angela was forced to walk back home alone. Josy had to stay behind and do some paperwork, and insisted that Angela leave early despite the many protests that she would wait for her.

She kicked around a rock that was on the ground, and when she was almost back she ran into EXO just coming back from work as well.

“Oh hey guys!” Angela said a little too excitedly. She made a face at herself, not wanting to come across as so weird. She toned it down a few notches and said, “What’s up?”

“Hey,” Suho greeted. “Are you just coming back from work as well?”

“Yup, you guessed it.” Angela shrugged her shoulders in a nonchalant manner.

“Ah, well where’s Josy?”

“She had to stay behind at the school to finish up some paperwork.”

As Angela spoke to Suho, an idea popped into Sehun’s mind. He smirked at the thought of catching Josy all alone at work. But where did she work? He didn’t want to just bluntly ask and make a scene of it in front of all of his friends. He had to do it subtly.

“It seems like you’ve been having fun,” Sehun casually said, inserting himself in Angela’s and Suho’s conversation. “Are you treated well at . . . um where do you work again?”

“Oh, we work at Shinwon Middle School,” Angela replied. “Yeah, we’re treated pretty well there actually.”

Sehun had no idea where that school even was, but he figured he could use his GPS to get there easily. But when should he leave? If he left now his friends would be really suspicious of where he was going. So he decided to fake a phone call. He casually pretended to answer his phone, and as his friends turned to look he said yes several times into his phone before putting it away.

“Sorry guys,” Sehun said. “It was SM, they want me back at the studio really fast to do something.”

Before anyone could question anything, Sehun quickly got back into their van and had their driver go to the middle school.

Everyone stared at where the van was for a few seconds before turning back to the door. As Angela started to leave Baekhyun jumped in front of her. “Hey!” he said. “Since you’re going to be alone, why don’t you just hang out with us while you wait for Josy?”

“Uh . . . okay,” Angela answered tentatively, glancing at the other members really fast. “Only if you guys don’t mind.”

Baekhyun eagerly led the way inside. He grabbed her arm and forced their way through the entire group to get inside the door first. “So what do you want to do?” he asked excitedly.

“Um,  I don’t know.” Angela gave him a strange face and shrugged her shoulders.

“Ah, we should play video games or something!” Baekhyun turned to look at the other members with a wide smile on his face. “Who wants to play video games??”

Instead of answering, the other members ignored him. Some of the members left for their room and the others immediately scattered.

“Wow, literally no one wants to play video games with you. Sorry,” Angela pointed out, but upon seeing Baekhyun’s fallen face she quickly added, “Um, I guess if you want I’ll play with you.”

Baekhyun smiled, seeing a perfect opportunity to get Angela to talk to one of her biases. He called out, “Hey Xiumin! You should come play video games with us!” He turned around and took Angela to the living room. He forced a controller into her hand and Xiumin appeared.

“You called?” he asked casually from the doorway.

“Yeah! Come play video games with us!” Baekhyun motioned wildly to the seat next to Angela, not being subtle in any way.

Xiumin sighed, he didn’t really want to play video games, but he figured why not. He didn’t really have anything to do, and since Baek was insisting on it so persistently he decided to follow through with his wishes. Whenever Baekhyun got in an excitable mood he learned to just go along with it instead of fighting. He sat down next to Angela and saw her scoot away from him and closer to Baekhyun, an uncomfortable look on her face. He was a bit confused, wasn’t he suppose to be one of her biases? Instead of saying anything though, he just grabbed a controller and joined in the game that the two had started playing.

After a little while, Angela finally relaxed as the game progressed. Baekhyun was getting pretty intense about the zombie shooting game they were playing, and whenever they progressed to the next level he gave a loud yell of celebration. The atmosphere was becoming a lot less tense, and Angela laughed uncontrollably every time Xiumin or Baekhyun died and were angry about it.

Angela was bent over laughing when Baekhyun started losing his temper at the game, and when he died and screamed at the TV even Xiumin started laughing because it sounded as if Baekhyun had been wounded in real life or something. Angela covered , trying to stop laughing, but Xiumin’s laughter made her want to laugh more. He grabbed her arm for support at one point because it looked as if he was going to roll onto the floor he was laughing so hard at Baekhyun.

The loud laughter and screaming echoed through the house, and it eventually brought Tao into the living room. He was curious as to what all the noise was about. He walked in and saw Xiumin and Angela leaning into each other, barely able to contain themselves while Baekhyun severely sulked.

“What’s going on?” Tao asked, not sure what to make of the situation.

Baekhyun looked up and his eyes lit up. “Hey Tao, come join us! With four people we can now play on teams.”

Tao nodded at his hyung and took a seat next to Xiumin, forcing him to scoot closer to Angela to make room for Tao. He grabbed a controller and asked, “So who’s on what team?”

“Well, who the least at this?” Baekhyun wondered out loud. “I think I’m pretty good, and Angela’s also pretty good at this game as well! I’m surprised.”

Everyone thought about it for a second, not sure who to choose as their teammate.

Tao looked up and said, “Angela” at the exact same time as when Xiumin said it. The two exchanged glances before looking back at the girl mentioned. Her eyes wide.

“I want to be on Angela’s team,” Tao said. “Baekhyun said she was good.”

“Well, that’s why I want to be on her team,” Xiumin agreed. “She’s a good teammate.”

Baekhyun smiled, looking between his two bandmates. “Hey now you two, you should let her choose!”

Angela looked back and forth between Xiumin and Tao, not sure what to say and not wanting to appear as if she favored one more than the other because she honestly liked them equally. “Uhh,” she mumbled. She really didn’t know who to choose, and they were both looking at her so expectantly. “I choose . . . I choose Baekhyun!” Angela blurted, figuring it was the safest choice since she was the closest to him.

Tao couldn’t help but feel a little hurt. He thought that she really liked him, or it appeared that way anyways. He pouted and sat back. He would feel better if he could at least beat Baekhyun and Angela in the game.

Half an hour later, Baekhyun was screaming in Angela’s ear, causing her to almost go deaf in the process. He turned and gave her a high-five, the two had destroyed the other team and Baekhyun was waving his arms around in celebration.

Xiumin set down his controller and looked over at the two. “I feel like I would’ve won if I was just on Angela’s team,” he admitted, giving Angela a wink.

She immediately looked down at her lap, not wanting him to see that she was getting flustered.

“Let’s be honest,” Baekhyun interrupted. “I totally carried the team, and you , so you wouldn’t have won anyways!”

“Baekhyun,” Angela said, “Stop screaming in my ear. I think I might go deaf!”

She shoved Baekhyun and he looked at her startled. “Ah sorry,” he softly replied. He was shocked that she even touched him since she seemed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter