She Chose Me, Not You

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again it was the weekend, and Josy and Angela were having “us time” with Baekhyun and Suho. Despite the four of them acting like everything was fine, the atmosphere felt a bit tense.

    Suho, being the dad of the group, looked over to Angela and asked, “Hey, are you okay?”

    “Why wouldn’t I be okay?” Angela answered automatically. It was something she had been saying for what felt like a while now.

    “Um, obviously we all know what’s going on,” Baekhyun cut in, giving Angela a look. “You don’t have to lie to us. We’re your friends. And anyways, SM talked to all of us and asked if any of us had girlfriends. It was weird because for some reason Sehun told them that he didn’t have one.”

    “Oh, well, Sehun and I talked about it, and I told him that I don’t know if I could handle him fake-dating someone else. So he was probably just trying to keep things on the down low,” Josy admitted, clearing up the matter. “But I don’t even know if that would help. Either way, it’ll be bad if anyone finds out that we’re dating.”

    Suho sighed, not believing that Sehun would still continue to be irresponsible after everything that happened. “It would’ve been better if you two came clean about the relationship to SM,” he stated.

    “No!” Baekhyun interjected. “You should keep it a secret. I mean, you don’t want to see your man with another girl do you?” Baekhyun realized what he said and looked over to Angela. “I’m sorry about that.”

    “It’s fine, don’t worry about it,” Angela replied, not saying anything else on the matter.

    “I just don’t know what to do,” Josy said. “I’ll have to think about the pros and cons of the matter.”

    As the group was talking about the matter, Lay had been walking towards the kitchen when he accidentally eavesdropped on the conversation. He knew that it would hurt Josy if the public ever found out about her relationship with Sehun. Even after what happened Lay still cared about her and wanted to protect her. He knew that Suho was right, that the best thing to do was to come clean to SM. That way it would be less likely for anyone to know about Josy’s and Sehun’s relationship. He knew that Sehun wouldn’t tell SM about anything, so he felt responsible for protecting Josy. He had to tell SM in order to keep Josy from getting more hurt in the end. He was willing to accept their anger if they found out it was him.

    *    *    *

    Sehun was shocked when he got called into the SM office. For some reason, he just knew that it had something to do with him and Josy. Before he arrived he had already scoured the Internet, trying to see if anyone found out anything, but there was nothing. He was nervous as he walked into the office and sat down, the SM official in front of him looking serious.

    “What’s going on?” Sehun asked, expecting the worst.

    “Why did you lie about having a girlfriend?” the official questioned instead of replying.

    Sehun’s heart dropped. How did SM find out? His words got caught in his throat, and he couldn’t do anything but stare blankly back at the man in front of him. “Uh . . . I-I’m sorry,” he managed to say.

    “Luckily someone came forward and informed us of this situation, so we’re able to take control of this before it breaks out to the public.”

    “Control this how?” Sehun had no idea who would tell on him. The other members knew that he had lied, but why would any of them tell on him? He hoped that they wouldn’t force him to fake-date anyone. Josy had already admitted that she wouldn’t be able to handle it, and he didn’t want to put any strain on their relationship.

    “We’re going to have a press release about how you’re dating Irene from Red Velvet.” The SM official looked at Sehun blankly, making the latter feel nervous.

    “I can’t do that,” Sehun stated. “My girlfriend wouldn’t like it . . . and . . . and the public hasn’t even found out about us.”

    “Yet,” the official pointed out. “EXO is the most popular group in Korea. Do you really think that people won’t find out eventually? We need to control this situation now. We’re pretty impressed that you’ve been able to keep it secret this long, but sooner or later it’s going to come out. If you want your relationship to last, then we have to do crowd control now.”

    Sehun just mutely nodded his head, not able to think of anything else other than how he was going to tell Josy. He walked back to the practice room where the other members were. His body felt limp, and as he walked through the door the other members could tell right away that something was wrong.

    “Why were you called out just now?” Chen asked calmly, sensing that Sehun was upset.

    “I don’t know how SM found out about me and Josy,” Sehun answered in a daze. “Someone had told them, but who would do that?” Sehun just stared dumbly at the other members, tryings to figure things out.

    Lay looked back at Sehun with a steely look before stepping forward. “I told them,” he remarked coolly.

    Sehun snapped out of his stupor, anger rushing through his body as he processed Lay’s words. He lunged forward, harshly shoving Lay into the wall behind him. “You bast*rd! Why the would you do that?”

    Lay kept a calm expression on his face. “Josy was going to get hurt eventually if someone found out. You need to think about her.”

    Sehun grabbed onto Lay’s shirt, shaking him. “Don’t you dare act like you know what’s best for my girlfriend.” He pushed Lay again, slamming the older member back into the wall. “Why can’t you just leave us alone? She didn’t want you. She chose me. Not you. When are you going to get it through your thick skull?” Sehun was about to pull his fist back to hit Lay, when he felt hands grabbing at him.

    “You need to calm down, Sehun,” Chanyeol said as he wrestled Sehun away from Lay.

    “Get off of me!” Sehun shouted, trying to elbow Chanyeol.

    “Sehun!” Suho shouted, grabbing at the younger male. “This needs to stop. Now. We’re all friends.”

    “He’s not my friend! He ratted me out! And he’s been jealous of me. Jealous that Josy chose me over him and he can’t ing handle seeing us together and happy.”

    “I was just doing what was best for your relationship long term,” Lay justified, crossing his arms.

    “Lay did the right thing,” Suho said, coming to Lay’s defense. “If he didn’t tell, I would have told. You keeping it a secret would just end up hurting Josy and the group.”

    “Well it would’ve been better if you told, hyung.” Sehun shook Chanyeol off of him, glaring at Lay, but not making any moves towards the older male.

    Suho watched tensely as Sehun suddenly left the room, slamming the door loudly. Things were getting out of hand, and Suho had no idea what to do. He was suppose to be the leader, but he couldn’t do anything about how Sehun and Lay were fighting. Everything that happened was because of the girls, but he couldn’t blame them. After all, they had known that things would get complicated, and they had tried to hide from the group the fact that they were staying in Korea. If only they had been more careful, the rest of EXO would never have found out about the two girls staying.

    Sehun couldn’t leave the building, but he ran to a bathroom far away and pulled out his phone, dialing Josy. He waited anxiously for her to answer. He didn’t know how he was going to explain things to her.

    “Hello?” Josy answered.

    “Josy,” Sehun sighed. “I’m so sorry.”

    “What’s wrong?” Sehun could hear the distress in Josy’s voice.

    He gritted his teeth. “Lay ing ratted us out, and now I have to pretend to date Irene.”

    “Irene? Like . . . like Red Velvet’s Irene? Are you serious?”

    “Yeah her.” Sehun waited for Josy’s answer, but all he could hear was her breathing on the other end. The longer that the silence stretched out, the more nervous he got.

    “But why would Lay do that?”

    Sehun gave a bitter laugh. “Because obviously he’s ing jealous of me. He claimed that it was to protect you in the long run, but he just can’t stand it that we’re together.”

    “I-I don’t know. Maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter