I Just Want You Back

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Angela laid on her bed, about to doze off when her phone started ringing. It had been a long night, and she knew that Josy was gone because of an SM party. Angela had never felt so lonely before. It was weird knowing that her best friend was hanging out in the same room as Xiumin. When she heard her phone, she didn’t know who was calling, but of all people she wasn’t expecting the one guy that she was thinking about.

    Of course she wanted to answer, but at the same time she just didn’t want to talk to Xiumin. Things ended too badly between them, and she had no idea why he was even trying to call her. Angela let it go to voicemail, and buried her head in her hands, unsure of what to do. But a few seconds later, Xiumin was calling again.

    Angela hesitantly answered, “Hello?”

    “Are you in your dorm?” Xiumin asked without a greeting.

    “Um, why does it matter to you?”

    “I want to talk.”

    Angela grew silent. Her heart had started beating quickly and she felt light headed. Anxiety was coursing through her veins. She wasn’t sure if she was excited to see Xiumin or if she was just really, really panicked.

    “Okay, let’s talk then,” Angela heard herself saying.

    “I’m outside of your dorm. Can you bring me up?”

    The entire trip down the stairs and outside left Angela feeling confused. Why was she even going to him? As she walked, she couldn’t help but feel stupid. She just hoped that she wouldn’t accidentally cry in front of Xiumin. She wasn’t over him, and she didn’t want to see him so soon.

    Xiumin stood in the shadow of the building, his breath coming out in puffs from the cold.

    “Why are you wearing a suit?” Angela blurted as soon as she was close enough to him. She looked him up and down, admiring how he looked. She hoped that he didn’t see that.

    “I was at this stupid party.” Xiumin couldn’t stop looking at Angela’s face. It had felt so long since he last saw her. She was still as beautiful as ever, and seeing her made his gut wrench. He missed her. A lot.

    Angela nodded her head mutely, and motioned for Xiumin to follow her. She snuck him up the back way, and immediately locked the door as soon as they were alone in her room. It was the first time Xiumin had been in her dorm. He never knew that it was so easy to get in, and now that he was there, he felt bad for never going over.

    “How have you been?” Xiumin asked, not sure how to start the conversation. He had left the party early because he couldn’t stop thinking about what Sehun had told him. There was no way that it was true that Angela was hooking up. He needed to see her, and now that she was standing in front of him, Xiumin had no idea as to what he should do. There was no discrete way to ask her about what was on his mind.

    “Why are you here?” Angela questioned, not answering Xiumin’s.

    “I just came to check up on how you’re doing.”

    “Well . . . I’m fine, okay? You can leave now if that’s what you came for.” Angela obviously knew that Xiumin didn’t come just for that, but she really didn’t know his reason for visiting.

    “I came to confirm . . . something . . .”

    “Okay, well what is it?” Angela crossed her arms in front of her chest and stared blankly at Xiumin.

    Xiumin could see from Angela’s body language that she was still angry at him. He wasn’t expecting her to be completely fine with him or anything, but seeing her act so coldly really hurt him. “I heard that you’re ing another guy.”

    Angela was shocked by Xiumin’s statement. almost dropped open. Was Xiumin talking about Dongmin? How did he even find out about him, and where did he hear that she was “ing” Dongmin? She didn’t know how to answer to what he said. How did the truth get so twisted? Her heart was still aching because of him, and she wanted to hurt him back, so she decided to not confirm or deny anything. “Why does it matter to you?”

    “Did what we go through mean nothing to you?” Xiumin’s hands formed fists, and he felt his body heat up. He couldn’t believe Angela. The thought of Angela being with another guy made him want to hit something, specifically the guy. He felt like Angela was his. He loved her, and he thought that she still cared about him. The way she was acting though . . . Xiumin’s body tensed, electricity in his veins.

    “What do you mean?” Angela got defensive. Xiumin’s mood changed so quickly.

    Xiumin walked slowly over to Angela, towering over her small frame. “Tell me. Are. You. ing. Someone.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter