Removed From EXO

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the last couple of weeks, Xiumin had been doing his best to see Angela. He often showed up at her dorm and was constantly sending her flowers. Angela was surprised of course. She never expected Xiumin to try so hard to get her back. Even though she was happy, she couldn’t help but wonder why Xiumin was even going through so much trouble. It wasn’t like she was anyone special. Not only that, but even though it had been weeks, she still wasn’t sure if she wanted to get back with Xiumin or not. She wanted to be with him, but she also had to think about how they hurt she was when they broke up. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to go through any of that again.

*    *    *

Xiumin was in his room, pacing. He couldn’t stop thinking about Angela. He wished that he knew what was exactly on her mind. He honestly thought that by this time they would be back together again. It wasn’t like anything was wrong. Whenever he got to see her things were basically back to normal again, but he knew that one of the reasons she wouldn’t get back together again was Hyoyeon.

There was only one thing Xiumin could think of doing, but he felt like he needed to talk to someone first. He opened the door to his room and walked out into the hallway. There was a pounding in his head, and he felt oddly nervous. He knocked quickly on Suho’s door.

“Hey, what’s up?” Suho asked as soon as he opened the door.

“I need to talk to you about something.”

Suho motioned for Xiumin to come in, and the oldest member immediately said, “I’m thinking about going to SM and telling them that I want to publicly break up with Hyoyeon.”

“Is this for Angela?”

“I feel like this is the only way that she’ll get back together with me.”

Suho let out a long sigh. “As the leader, I don’t think this is a good idea, but as your friend . . . if you really love her, then you should do this.”

“It’s my life, I should have some control over it right?”

“Well, how are you going to go about this?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t really thought about it yet, but tomorrow I’m going to go to talk to SM about it.”

“You know that I support you, hyung.” Suho put his hand on Xiumin’s shoulder. “It’s more important that you’re happy. For the past couple of weeks you seem like your old self. I’m glad that you’re not so sad anymore.”

“Angela just makes me so happy. I can’t explain it.”

“You don’t need to explain it. Everyone in the house just wants to see you happy. When you were depressed these last few months it really killed all of us.”

“Thanks, Suho. You know that I appreciate your support.”

“Of course! You do what you have to do.”

The anxiety around Xiumin’s heart loosened its grip a little bit as he listened to Suho talk. He was so glad that he had the support of the other members. He thought about that all the way until the next day when he was suppose to meet with the SM representative. His manager had known immediately what was going on as soon as Xiumin asked to meet again with SM.

Xiumin sat nervously in a chair with his manager right beside him.

“Xiumin,” the SM representative started, “so here we are again. Do you need something?”

“I want to publicly break up with Hyoyeon.” Xiumin decided that it was best not to mince words. He knew what he wanted, and he needed to have control over his life again. It seemed as if his dating situation was helping no one other than the company.

“You and Hyoyeon are so popular though,” the representative said. “It would be a bad idea to break up with her right now.”

“I know that Hyoyeon is getting  a lot of backlash from the fans as well, so by doing this both of us will be happier.”

“That’s not the issue, Xiumin. You two have become public figures. You’ll be hurting a lot of fans by doing this.”

“Well, you can’t stop me from making a public statement about this.”

The man across from Xiumin clenched his jaw. “This isn’t what SM wants. You’ve worked so hard to get to this stage, do you really want to throw away your entire career away because of this issue? What, are you are still in love with that other girl?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter