Go Home Baekhyun, You're Drunk

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, the guys are gone!” Baekhyun’s voice came from Josy’s phone. “You guys can come over now!” Josy and Angela rounded the corner as soon as they got the call and saw the EXO dorm not 30 feet from them. It had been a month since they started school at Seoul University, and they had also been meeting Suho and Baekhyun weekly. Somehow they always got the other guys out of the house. The girls didn’t know how, and they didn’t question it.

As usual, Baekhyun did a quick scan of the surrounding area before pushing the girls in through the door.

Angela and Josy gave both Suho and Baekhyun hugs before going to the living room to drink like they did normally. The sun was going down and as they all settled onto the couch, small talk was thrown around.

“So school is going good?” Suho asked politely like he had been doing for the past month.

“School is pretty bomb,” Angela replied.

“Um, bomb? Are you going to blow something up?”

“Suho, you should be used to my use of strange English slang words by now. I’m not going to explain myself for like the hundredth time.” Angela laughed to let Suho know that she was joking, and punched him in the shoulder.

“Damnnnnn,” Baekhyun hollered. “College has changed you!” He poured drinks for everyone and sat down, laughing. Josy joined in Baekhyun’s laughter, not expecting him to call Angela out.

“You know,” Josy started. “We’ve actually been wondering. How do you get the guys out of the house every week around this time?”

“Obviously it’s magic,” Baekhyun replied, a serious look on his face. “You should know by now that we have powers.”

Suho rolled his eyes at Baekhyun. “Actually, some of them leave for recording, and the others go out to eat. When they ask us we always say no.”

“So just know that we’re making a big sacrifice for you!” Baekhyun joked.

“Wait, don’t you guys have recording to do as well?” Angela questioned, scratching her head.

“We just stay late on the days we record so that we can all chill together on the weekends.” Suho answered.

After half an hour of conversation and drinks, the four were all very tipsy. Baekhyun rolled over next to Angela laughing and poking at her shoulder. “Hey, remember that night when we first met?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Angela replied, pushing Baekhyun away from her weakly, erupting into laughter herself.

“What were you even singing?”

Josy laughed from Angela’s left, snorting and holding her stomach. “Believe it or not, she was singing EXO songs to make me feel better,” she added.

“NO WAY! I couldn’t even understand your Korean,” Suho boomed.

“Well I wouldn’t call it Korean,” Josy sassily replied.

“You should do a repeat performance!” Baekhyun suggested. “I’m really curious as to what you were saying.”

“Just remember that you asked for this,” Angela warned. She couldn’t stop laughing at the thought of performing the misheard lyrics to Suho and Baekhyun. She stood up seriously, took in a big breath and belted out, “LISTENNNN! ENJOY THE MAYO! CASSEROLE CASSEROLE CASSEROLE CASSEROLE!” Angela quickly gave a sweeping bow as everybody clapped and died of laughter. She then changed songs and sang, “Heyyyy! Drop a duck!”

Josy composed herself enough to hold up her glass. “Let’s all give a toast to Angela’s performance. That sh*t was fire, girl.” Josy chugged her drink and sat back as Suho stared at her.

“You guys use really weird lingo,” Suho pointed out.

“That’s just how we talk,” Angela said.

The four were having so much fun together that they didn’t realize hours had passed. They were all too tipsy to pay attention to the time, and their laughter drowned out the sound of Suho’s text tone as he got a text from the other members saying that they were coming home.

There was the sound of keys jingling in the front door lock and the four friends froze. Their thoughts crossed slowly across their minds since they were affected by the alcohol, and when the other members came into the living room the four were just sprawled across the couches in various positions, frozen in the spotlight.

“Uh, what’s going on?” Chen asked cautiously, making his way to the front of the group.

When no reply came from any of the four, Tao stepped up in anger. “What are you doing here? You’re suppose to be in America!”

“Yeah, what is this?” Lay demanded. He was usually so calm, but at the sight of Josy he couldn’t help but be angry that she lied to him.

Josy avoided looking at Lay and Sehun, not wanting to have to explain herself or the situation. It was awkward enough the last time they all saw each other, and she wasn’t expecting to be caught for lying.

“Before anyone does anything rash, we can explain!” Suho blurted, standing up and raising his hands in a peaceful gesture.

“Explain what?” Tao eyed the bottles of soju that littered the living room and he felt more anger surge through his body. “You’re trying to seduce our women!”

From the couch Baekhyun scoffed. He struggled to sit up and he waved a finger in Tao’s face. “If we wanted to seduce your women they would already be with us.”

Josy reached out and smacked Baekhyun on the back of the head. He groaned and fell back down to the couch. “Shut up!” she snapped. “You’re not making this situation any better.”

“We’re not trying to seduce anyone!” Suho said, calling attention back to him. “We were just . . .” He looked at the girls helplessly, not sure how to explain the whole situation.

“Um, we’re just visiting!” Angela blurted, coming to Suho’s rescue. “We’re visiting . . . for like. . . a year . . .” Her voice trailed off to a mere whisper at the end.

Xiumin pushed his way towards the girls. “Excuse me? Did I just hear you say that you’re here for a year?” Despite Xiumin’s calm demeanor, his voice betrayed how angry he was at the entire situation.

Josy just nodded apologetically in reply, not wanting to cause more trouble.

Sehun stared at Josy, not sure of what to feel. On one hand he was angry at how things were left off between them and angry that she lied, but he also felt relieved. Relieved that he would get to see her more and maybe fix things between them.

“How long have you guys been meeting in secret?” Chanyeol asked. Everyone immediately turned to look at the guilty party.

“I don’t know . . .” Baekhyun slurred. “Like . . . a month... a month yeah.”

“A month?! You’re kidding,” Lay replied. He shook his head in disbelief. How could Josy hide the truth from him? Especially after he confessed his feelings for her.

“Look,” Josy started, sobering up. “We didn’t tell you guys because after what happened between us, we just thought it was best that we just kept it a secret. We didn’t want to cause any more problems, and we weren’t planning on ever seeing you guys again.”

“Well, what about these two?” Tao asked, motioning towards Suho and Baekhyun.

“Of course they would want to see us again!” Baekhyun shouted. “We’re cool, unlike you guys. And we’re actually their friends. We don’t with their emotions. I’m looking at you, Sehun!” Baekhyun pointed an accusatory finger and the youngest member.

Angela poked her head up and cleared . “Hey, me and Josy should probably get going. Look at the time!” She glanced at her wrist, knowing that there was no watch there and looking regardless

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter