Okay, Let's Do This

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had  been a crazy week for both of the girls. Neither were expecting things to get so wild so fast. Josy was more conflicted than ever with how she was feeling, and Angela just plain out didn’t know what to do. They were both laying in their dorm room when Angela finally broke the silence, “Oh god, when did our lives get so complicated?”

“I don’t know. You’d think that we’re in a k-drama or something,” Josy replied, groaning and throwing her arm over her eyes.

“I mean, your situation is much more complicated than mine. I already know that I like Xiumin more, but . . . I still think I should give Tao a chance.”

“Yeah, just go on a couple more dates and see what happens.”

“What about you? What are you going to do about Lay and Sehun? I mean, I know you like both of them, but eventually you’re going to have to choose one. And I mean, is any of this really a good idea? Dating someone famous? Especially a k-pop star! They get zero privacy.”

“I know that. You think I don’t? I know it’s going to be crazy and that it’s probably a bad idea, but these emotions are real and it’s once in a lifetime, so why not. I mean, you must feel the same way right?”

“Yeah I guess.” Angela got quiet and folded her hands over her stomach. “Yeah I like Xiumin, but . . . I’m definitely not good enough right? Like what girl wouldn’t feel that way when they’re with someone like him. And god, his body . . . good thing he’ll probably never see me in the . Haha.”

“Never say never.” Josy winked at Angela saucily causing the other to throw a pillow at her.

“It’s only been the first date! That stuff isn’t going to happen, especially not soon. What, are you saying that you’re going to let them see you in the soon?” Angela raised her eyebrow at Josy and gave her a look.

“It’s a joke. duh dummy.”

“I’m so stressed I don’t even know what’s real anymore,” Angela groaned. “And this entire situation has me totally neglecting school and my classes because I can’t stop thinking about it.”

“I feel you. If this keeps up we’re both going to flunk out at this rate.”

“Do you have any clue as to who you like more?”

“I don’t know.” Josy thought back on all of the times she was with Lay and Sehun, trying to recall what she liked about them. “I mean, Lay is so sweet and he makes me feel special. He’s so romantic and everything, but Sehun . . . Sehun is such a dork and there’s not a time where I don’t have fun with him. So I don’t know.”

“You’re f*ucked then. Sorry to say. But you realize that you’re going to be breaking someone’s heart, right?”

“Yeah . . .but we’ll see how things turn out for both of us.”

*    *    *

A couple weeks and a few dates with Tao later, Angela decided that she needed to tell him how she felt. To her, things just weren’t working out. Sometimes Tao seemed so immature and unhappy with her when things didn’t go his way. He always wanted his way, and sometimes the dates seemed ingenuine while Xiumin always took her thoughts in consideration. Angela felt bad, but she did give Tao a chance. She figured that enough was enough and she didn’t want to keep misleading Tao, especially since she knew that she really liked Xiumin.

On the last date that they were to ever have, Angela just felt as if they were on such a typical date. Tao didn’t even notice that she was unusually quiet, and just continued talking about himself and the group. Angela decided that that night was the time to tell Tao what she was really feeling. When Tao dropped her off at the dorm, Angela turned to him while they were still in the car and said, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, but I don’t think this will work out.”

Tao was surprised, he thought things were going to well. “Why?”

“You haven’t noticed that I’ve been completely out of it? The thing is . . . I just don’t think we’re a good match. Our personalities clash too much.”

“What? Has all of this time and money just meant nothing to you?”

Angela raised her eyebrows at what Tao was insinuating. “Listen, I don’t care about your money. We just don’t work together, and I’m surprised that you haven’t seen that. We barely talk about anything other than the group and you. I mean, all of these dates and you don’t even know that much about me.”

Tao scoffed, angry at the entire situation. He couldn’t believe that he was hearing this from her. She should feel lucky that he was even interested in her. “Fine,” he sneered.

Angela sensed that the situation was going even worse than she thought it would, so she quickly left the car, closing the door on Tao

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter