I'll Be Back Someday

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air was cool on Angela’s and Josy’s faces as they stared at the forest in front of them. The weather was nice, and it felt as if spring had truly come to South Korea.

“Wow, what good weather for camping,” Angela sighed, throwing her arms in the air and relishing the atmosphere. “I feel so one with nature.”

Josy frowned at Angela’s comment. She wanted to be “one with nature”, but it seemed as if nature just did not love her back. She was getting bitten my so many mosquitoes and the direct sunlight was starting to give her a headache.

The two turned back to their campsite and started to set up while they waited for the others to arrive. Soon enough, Baekhyun, Suho, Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Sehun arrived, carrying sleeping bags and large backpacks.

“Hey-o!” Angela called out, waving at the group of boys.

“Hello to you!” Baekhyun shouted. “Isn’t today the perfect day to just goof around?”

“Of course!”

Suho clapped his hands together before saying, “Alright guys, let’s get everything set up before the sun goes down!” The leader then immediately started to pitch up the tents, while Chanyeol started a campfire.

“Baekhyun, aren’t you going to help?” Suho asked.

“I am helping. I’m the one that’s on guard.”

“On guard for what?” Angela asked skeptically. “We’re not pulling a heist here, Baekhyun.”

“Hey, you never know what will happen, okay? What if paparazzi comes out of nowhere and we all have to make a run for it?”

“We’re currently in the middle of nowhere right now. It probably won’t happen.”

“Probably is the operative word here.”

“Sorry to break up this conversation,” Chanyeol said, trying to hold in his laughter, “but do you think you guys can get firewood?”

“Sure, no problem,” Angela replied.

“Eh, but I’m on guard duty,” Baekhyun said, shrugging his shoulders. “I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to leave my post.”

“I’ll go with her,” Xiumin volunteered, smiling widely.

“,” Baekhyun cursed. “Now you guys are never going to come back and we’re going to freeze to death because we won’t have any fire.”

“We’ll be back,” Angela said, blushing. She hurried off into the forest, Xiumin hot on her trail.

The further they got into the woods, the closer Xiumin got to Angela until he eventually just held her hand. It had been a month since the whole SM scare, and now things had fallen in their favor. Everything had gone back to the way it used to be between them, but Xiumin was much more affectionate than before. Angela was trying to look for pieces of wood when Xiumin stopped her, pulling her into a hug.

“What are you doing?” Angela muttered, embarrassed.

“Kiss me.”

Angela stood on tiptoes, pressed gently against Xiumin’s. She was happy, of course she was happy with him, but there was something in the back of her mind that she just couldn’t stop thinking about. Time was running out.

Eventually Angela and Xiumin made their way back to the campsite with wood.

As soon as they reached the others, Baekhyun waggled his eyebrows suggestively. “So how was that quickie?”

“T-that’s not what happened!” Angela sputtered.

“Surreeee. If that’s the story you’re going with.”

Once the tents and the fire was set up, they all gathered around the fire, eating marshmallows and drinking warm tea.

“So what about sleeping arrangements?” Suho asked.

“Seriously?” Sehun asked, throwing his arm over Josy’s shoulders and pulling her close. His eyes darted pointedly between Josy and Suho, trying to give the leader a hint.

“Actually, I want to sleep with Angela,” Josy joked. She reached over and grabbed Angela’s hand.

“Sorry Josy,” Xiumin said. “I called dibs already.”

“Well Baekhyun, it looks like we’re sharing a tent then,” Chanyeol said.

“What about me?” Suho asked worriedly.

“You’re sleeping outside by yourself, leader,” Baekhyun replied. “Do it for the team.”

They all laughed and headed off into their prospective tents once they were ready to sleep. Josy snuggled up next to Sehun in their sleeping bag. It was crazy how things between them were as good as ever even after everything that happened.

“We should go camping more often,” Sehun said.

“Yeah . . .” Josy thought about how this would probably be the first and last time that she would get to go camping with Sehun. The school year was about to end, and she would have to go back to America soon.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m just thinking.”

Sehun propped his head up on his hand and looked down at Josy. “I know something’s up. Now tell me before I’m forced to tickle it out of you.”

“I don’t know. I’m just really happy.”

Sehun’s eyebrows crinkled together. “And that’s a problem?”

“That’s just it. I’m happy. And now I’m tired, so let’s go to sleep, okay?”

Sehun let the subject drop, knowing that he couldn’t push Josy.

As Sehun fell asleep, Josy couldn’t stop thinking about soon she would be thousands of miles away from Sehun. She wouldn’t get to be with him at all, and she wasn’t sure how long things were going to last if that was the case. Suddenly, being next to him felt too painful. She needed fresh air. She needed to get out of the tent. Josy slowly removed herself from Sehun’s arms and exited their tent. She was surprised to see Angela sitting close to the fire, poking the embers with a stick.

“What are you doing?” Josy asked upon seeing Angela.

“I’m poking the fire,” Angela mumbled, her head resting against her knees.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter