What a Coincidence

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~1 and a half years later~

 

    Josy looked out the plane window, amazed at the sight of Seoul. She never thought she would be able to go to Korea so soon in her life. It was like a dream, and her best friend was there. Angela was snoring softly in the seat next to her, a blanket wrapped around her head, and a movie playing in front of her face. It was always their dream to go to South Korea to teach English, and through a program offered by their university they would be spending one month in Seoul to teach.

As everyone was clamoring to get off of the plane, Josy shook Angela, trying to wake her up.

“Whaaaatttt???” Angela asked.

“B*tch, we’re here!”

Angela looked around and saw the other people from the program exiting. She grabbed her backpack from under her seat and stood up to get off.  She and Josy waited an agonizing ten minutes before they were able to step foot into the airport. They gathered around the person in charge and their fellow teachers to get ready to go to the hotel.

“Is everyone here?” Professor Oak asked as he counted heads. “Let’s head out! I hope you all enjoy your time in Korea, and as teachers! Remember, you gotta catch all of those children’s hearts!”

Angela and Josy rolled their eyes. Professor Oak was always saying really corny things like that. That is one of the reasons they liked him though.

“Alright, let’s go to baggage claim for me to get my two suitcases,” Angela said.

“Well I need to get my suitcases too,” Josy said.

“Yeah, yeah.”

The group waited around as their luggage got spit out onto the conveyor belt. Everyone had just picked up their baggage and started to make their way through the airport when there was a big commotion at the exit. Reporters were swarmed everywhere, and it would be nearly impossible for them to all get out in a timely manner.

“No!!!!!!!” Angela groaned. “I just want to go to our living space! Why are there so many people?”

All of a sudden the reporters had swarmed their group, pushing them and moving them around.

“Josy!” Angela screamed as she was fiercely shoved to and fro.

“Hold on, Angela!” Josy got on her tiptoes trying to look for her friend. “Damn, why she gotta be so in’ short?” Although Josy was at an advantage by being tall, Angela being short really made it harder for her to find her.

“Just stand still, and don’t move!” Josy shouted.

“Okayyyyy!” Josy heard softly.

Josy stood still for what felt like forever until she found herself collide into someone’s shoulder. She looked up and found herself staring into eyes that were very familiar.

“Y-y-you!!!!” A mysterious guy sputtered.

Josy couldn’t really tell who was talking to her since he was wearing one of those Asian surgical masks. It covered half of his face. However his face sound oddly familiar. She was sure that she had heard that voice before.

“Uhhhh, yeah?” Josy asked.

“It’s me!”

“Uhhh, o-okay? Who are you?”

The guy pulled his mask down to reveal Baekhyun! He smiled at her and waved excitedly. “It’s me! Baekhyun, remember? Of course you do, you’re a fan!”

“No. ING. Way!” Josy muttered.

Baekhyun’s smile faded a little at her cursing.

“JOSY!!!” Angela shouted. “PROFESSOR OAK! SOMEONE HELP!”

“Oh god! Help me get to Angela!” Josy said.

“Angela?? Oh! You mean Totoro onesy?? She’s here??”

“Uh, what’s going on, hyung?” Sehun asked, peering at Josy’s face.

Josy could feel her cheeks heating up. It was Sehun! In the flesh! It was her bias! For a few seconds she forgot all about her friend in distress and just stared at the beautiful Asian.

“Out of the way!” a booming voice resounded. Josy turned around to see her 6’5” teacher, Professor Oak, make his way between the reporters towards Angela. “That’s my student you’re trampling!” he addressed the reporters. He fished Angela out from between the reporters and dragged her to the empty space, along with her suitcases.

Angela huffed at Josy. “Thanks a ton. I wasn’t suffocating or anything. Don’t mind me. Good thing Professor Oak cares about me more than you do!”

“I’m sorry! But I just ran into someone more important.”

“Wow, first you let me almost die, and now you’re saying there’s someone more important than me in your life?”

Josy motioned behind her excitedly. Angela looked up into Baekhyun’s shocked face. dropped open.

“You two, we have to go!” Professor Oak said, gesturing towards the door. “We have people waiting for us!”

“What are you two doing here??” Baekhyun asked.

“We’re teaching here for a month!” Angela replied.

“We have to go!” Sehun urged Baekhyun, the reporters were closing around them fast.

Professor Oak ushered the two girls away from the EXO members, and as they were parting ways, Sehun said, “I hope to see you again, Baekhyun’s friends,” curiosity in his voice.

“Yeah! Definitely!” Baekhyun agreed.

And it was then, that their trip to Korea had just gotten a lot more interesting.

“What are the odds, right?” Angela asked as they headed out the door.

*    *    *

Hours later, Angela and Josy were lounging in their shared room. The students were all driven out to a government funded dorm for English teachers. Angela laid buried under her covers on her phone while Josy unpacked her clothes into one of the dressers.

“You’re not going to unpack?” Josy asked.

“Nah, I’m gonna live out of a suitcase for this next month,” Angela replied.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“I don’t know. Maybe.” Angela rolled over in her bed and covered her head. She squirmed around a bit before jumping out of her bed all together. “I’m so riled!!! I need to move my BO-DAY!”

“Turn on some music then!”

    Angela tossed Josy her speaker and Josy connected her phone with it, immediately blasting music. As the beat started to pick up Angela started dancing out her frustrations. Seeing her friend having such a good time, Josy laughed and joined in dancing. The two danced through several songs before Angela stopped.

    “I’m feeling warm!” Angela complained.

    Josy looked around. She really didn’t want to turn the air conditioning down to 65 degrees like what Angela liked. “How about I crack open the window? Let some air in?”

    Angela nodded her head before collapsing on her bed. Josy moved the curtains and strained to lift the window all the way open. The window popped open. Unfortunately, the window didn’t open out to a nice landscape but directly into another window ten feet away.

    Josy fanned herself and squinted into the building. She could make out some guys moving around, some cute guys.

    “Check out these premium guys living next door to us,” Josy called to Angela

    Angela rolled out of bed literally and walked over to the window, squinting into someone else’s room. “Wow, I feel like I’ve seen these guys before somewhere. Maybe in my dreams.”

    Josy squinted harder and leaned out the window, trying to get a better look at who was in the room.

    From the other building Chanyeol looked shiftily at the window. There were two random girls just staring into the dorm. Did some fans find out that they lived here and did they break into the dorm next door?

    “Hey guys,” Chanyeol finally said. “There’s some really creepy girls looking in our window!”

    Lay walked over to Chanyeol and looked out the window. “Eh? Why are they staring at us??”

    “Obviously they know we’re EXO!”

    “No. ing. Way,” Josy said from her room. They were staring at EXO! Josy fell to the floor and pulled Angela down with her.

    “What??? What was that for?” Angela asked.

    “That was EXO! That was Chanyeol and Lay!”

    “No way. You’re ing with me.”

    “Way!”

    Angela peeked her head slightly over the window and saw the two members staring directly into their room. “! What do we do now? Should we close the curtains?”

    “Yeah close them, but they already ing saw us!”

    Angela stealthily closed the curtains and sat on her bed. “Is this real life? What are the odds? First Baekhyun at the airport and now this?”

    “Running into them once was lucky enough. Twice was a miracle. But three times is holy .”

    “I’m super embarrassed. I don’t want them to think we’re following them! I guess I will just never leave this dorm except for when we go to teach the kids.”

    “Let’s just get out of here. It’s dinner time anyways.”

    Josy and Angela headed out of their room and to the first floor where the dining room was. On the fridge was taped a note from Professor Oak saying: We’re all eating at the HAMO HAMO restaurant at 5! Please head over when you can!”

    “What should we do until five? Explore?” Angela suggested.

    “I mean, I guess so. We are in Korea so we should take a look around.”

    The two grabbed their bags and headed out the door, making sure that they had their keys with them.

*    *    *

    After stopping at a few shops and meeting up with the rest of their group. The girls ate their first dinner in Korea. Professor Oak gave a sentimental speech that practically no one listened to, but everyone felt a lot more comfortable with each other. By the time they left, the entire group was on a first name basis.     

    About halfway back to the dorm Josy froze in place. “Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t.”

    “What??” Angela asked.

    “I left my phone at the restaurant. !”

    “Professor Oak!” Angela called out.

    The professor turned around and headed towards his students. “What’s the matter? Is there a problem, girls?”

    “Josy left her phone at the restaurant! We have to go back!”

    “Okay, I’ll go with you girls.”

    “No, it’s fine Professor Oak,” Josy said. “Me and Angela can just go by ourselves. You should take the others back. I know the way.”

    “Are you sure?” The professor looked worriedly at the girls. It was already dark and he didn’t know if he felt comfortable with two girls travelling alone.

    “It’ll be fine,” Josy assured him.

    “Fine, but come back to the dorm as soon as possible! If you don’t come back within an hour I’ll call your phones.”

    Angela and Josy sped walked all the way back to the restaurant, almost getting shin splints in the process. Luckily one of the waiters had found Josy’s phone and returned it to her. After thanking the waiter, the two started to make their way back.

    “That was a close one,” Josy said.

    “Yeah, don’t be dumb next time,” Angela joked.

    The two were just minding their own business, laughing and talking to each other.

    “Do you want to eat that dirt?” Angela asked, pointing to the ground. “Because of your iron deficiency?”

    “Hell yeah I do! But I won’t! I will refrain myself because that is just ing weird.”

    The two burst out laughing, not paying attention to where they were walking. Angela was basically bent over her knees, clutching at her stomach. She tried to straighten up and accidentally bumped into someone with a thud. Josy stopped laughing, ready to fight just in case someone was going to accost them.

    “Oh sorry!” Angela said, moving closer to Josy because she was scared of these weird guys in surgical masks.

    From the back of the group Suho stretched his neck to look at the girls. Angela was getting kind of freaked out and elbowed Josy to move along.

    Suho wasn’t sure if it was the girls that he met at ASU a year ago, so he asked them the only question that he knew for sure they would know. “Hey, did you know that ASU is the biggest school in the United States?”

    The other members of EXO gave Suho a strange look. What a weird question to ask. Only Baekhyun smiled beneath his mask.

    Just then Josy knew immediately who they were talking to. It was Suho who asked the question, and the girls were staring directly at EXO. “No. ing. Way.”

    “Way,” Angela whispered to Josy. “We should run. I have no idea why I think we should run, but we should run back to the dorm now.”

    Josy grabbed Angela’s arm and ran. No way did she want to face the members after they caught her basically spying on them.

    The members of EXO on the other hand were super confused. They were used to girls running towards them, not away from them.

    “That is not how you hit on girls, Suho,” Xiumin said. “I don’t think spouting random facts is going to interest most people.”

    “No, we have to go after them!” Baekhyun shouted. “We can’t let them get away! How often are we going to get the chance to run after girls for once?” Baekhyun snickered, aware of exactly who the girls they ran into were.

    “But those were the girls that were spying on us!” Chanyeol argued.

    “Doesn’t matter! We have to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter