Like Old Times

Once in a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter seemed to pass by in a blur, and before anyone knew it two months had passed. Sehun and Josy were happy together. Their relationship had shifted, and the two were both satisfied with how things were going. Josy couldn’t believe that she was so happy. She was so comfortable with Sehun, and she found that she had a good time with him even when they were doing nothing. She often caught Sehun smiling at her, and even though they had been together for a long time, he still gave her the butterflies. Never did Josy think that she would spend Christmas with Sehun, but they did just that. And it was on that day that Sehun first told her he loved her. Sehun wasn’t shy about his affection. He was always so cuddly with her, and Josy was more than happy to reciprocate. Their relationship was at a high point, and neither could be happier.

    On the other hand, Xiumin was miserable. He was overworking, unable to stop himself from constantly practicing or working out. Working out had always been a form of stress relief, and now that he was overdoing it, the other members were starting to get worried. He had gained more fans than ever, and he knew that it was because of how he looked. Photos of him were all over social media, and there was a part of him that wished Angela would see it and see how well he appeared to be doing and how hot he became. From what he gathered, no one had heard a single word from her. Josy was constantly worried about her, and even Suho and Baekhyun were up in arms about it. Who knew if she would even come back to Korea? And Xiumin needed her to come back.

    On the day that Angela was coming back, Josy was waiting in a slightly crowded airport. Angela had only texted her the day before to let her know that she would be coming back at all, and that her flight was coming at noon. She was obviously excited to see her best friend. They hadn’t talked during break, and she was glad Angela was coming back. However, she was worried. It was unlike Angela to not talk to anyone at all during break, and Josy hoped that when Angela came back she would be over Xiumin. Josy wanted Angela to be happy, and she didn’t want Sehun’s presence to cause the older girl any emotional distress.

    At first Josy couldn’t make out Angela, but her eyes soon landed on the short girl. The first thing she noticed was how blankly Angela stared ahead of her as she walked.

    “Angela!” Josy called out, hugging Angela.

    “Hey-o,” Angela replied, tucking her hair behind ears.

    Angela turned her head and Josy caught a glimpse of something behind her ear.

    “Uh, what’s that?” Josy pushed Angela’s hair back and stared at the small tattoo of a heart behind her ear.

    “It’s a tattoo, obviously.”

    Now that Josy thought about it, the tattoo wasn’t the only thing that was different about Angela. She was slightly tanner despite it being winter, and her hair was dyed a very light brown.

    “Wow, rebel,” Josy said. “You dyed your hair . . . and you’re somehow tanner even though it’s winter?”

    “Oh, well during break I took a lot of walks and went to the park a lot. So yeah . . . I’m tan now.” Angela laughed and followed as Josy led her to the car.

    Josy was nervous. She hadn’t mentioned it, but she had come to the airport with Sehun, and he was waiting in the car. She was afraid that Angela would see Sehun and start getting all sad about Xiumin. It was a bad idea to bring Sehun, but Josy didn’t have any other ride.

    Angela put her bags in the trunk before opening the door to the backseat. She froze for a second upon seeing Sehun, but then slid into the car.

    “Hey,” she greeted.

    “Hey.” Sehun gave Angela an encouraging smile. “I like the look.”

    Josy climbed in last, hoping that things wouldn’t be awkward. However, as the car started moving, Angela just sat back comfortably, making small talk with Sehun. During the ride, Sehun reached over to hold Josy’s hand, but Josy shook him off, giving him a look. She quickly glanced over to Angela.

    “You can hold hands,” Angela said, her eyes trained on something outside of the window. “I don’t care.”

    “Oh, okay,” Josy muttered. She was surprised that Angela was being so nonchalant about the whole thing. She was really afraid that Angela was going to be touchy, but her friend just didn’t seem to care. Angela had stopped paying attention to Josy and Sehun completely, scrolling through something on her phone. Maybe Angela was over Xiumin, and Josy relaxed, feeling less worried about Angela. Still though, there was a part of her that wasn’t sure if Angela was 100% okay again.

*    *    *

    After the news that Angela was back finally reached Baekhyun, he immediately demanded her presence. Baekhyun was excitedly flitting around the house, fixing the couch cushions and getting the bottle of soju re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter