The scar left was too big

It hurts

"Hyung!" Mir greeted with bright smile as he skipped all the way from his room to the kitchen. GO accepted with his own wide smile while serving the maknae with his freshly cooked breakfast. Since that night, he had returned back to his role in the house. Cooking for the members.

"How can you be so energetic in the morning?" Came Seungho's grumpy voice and later followed by a loud whack and Mir's whine.

"You should stop hitting my head or I might not grow smarter." Mir nagged and bit on the toast GO had given him.

GO chuckled when Seungho just responded with another swung towards Mir's head but the youngest sneakily ducked away, toast still hanging in between his teeth and his plate of breakfast in his hand.

Seungho frowned when his hand only hit air. "Ya..." He said in a low voice, his dark eyes stabbing Mir.

Mir shrunk and ran around the kitchen counter as he hid behind GO while finishing his breakfast. "Byunghee hyung~ Granpa is in bad mood."

"Ya!" Seungho shouted while munching on his toast. Didn't realize when exactly did he already finish half of his food already.

The doorbell rung, stopping GO's hearty laughter and Mir's continuous whining on how Seungho was acting so grumpy this early in the morning.

"Eoh?" Mir squeaked, eyebrows rose so high and his eyes widened in question. "Who come so early?" He asked to no one particular and put his plate down to get the door when GO held on his arm.

"It's for me."

Mir tilted his head. "For you?"

GO nodded with a smile. "I bought a bicycle. They said they're going to send it this morning."

"Bicycle?" Seungho asked with full mouth, his words almost non-understandable.

"Why?" Mir asked.

"I think it's time to lose back all this weight." He said while pulling on his now chubby cheeks. He saw his reflection on the mirror two days ago and decided he needed to get back his good health. Only after taking care of himself then he could take a good care for his other members. He had been gaining lots of weight since his depression. Now that he was healing, might as well get fit again.

Mir hummed and nodded. "But you could have just borrow mine."

"I bought expensive one on my own so I feel obligated to use it. It's my brilliant way to force myself to exercise." He said, ruffling Mir's silky locks.

Mir grinned at his witty hyung and watched as GO walked up to the front door before he turned to Seungho. "You don't want to exercise too?"

Seungho's brows knitted as he looked up to the maknae who was standing behind the counter. "Are you saying I'm fat?"

Mir shrugged and took the last bit of his toast. "Nope. Just cuddly." And he ran away before Seungho could explode on him, cackling all the way. The frown slowly left Seungho's features and the leader chuckled to himself. Everything was back to normal again. The dorm wasn't as quiet and as cold anymore.

 

○○○○○

 

GO looked over Mir who was sitting in the recording booth, headphone around his neck, focusing on the paper in his hand while his other hand was twirling a pencil.

GO smiled seeing that serious expression on the youngest's face. Sometimes, he wondered if Mir was just acting to be all spoiled and cute due of his position as maknae, because there were times like this, when Mir could be so serious and so responsible. Even when Mir was the maknae, he knew they could lean on him and Mir would comfort them. Those precious times when age didn't really matter. When Mir was way much more mature than him or even Seungho for that matter of fact.

GO turned back to his computer. He left his work for a bit and started to search for news on MBLAQ on the internet. He unconsciously clenched his fists when he stumbled upon news on Lee Joon. He clicked on the video where Lee Joon was talking about MBLAQ's comeback and how the actor anticipated it and was really certain MBLAQ would do just great.

Liar! GO scoffed. All lies! If Joon really cared, then that lad would have called any of them by himself and said it right to them instead of to the camera. Lies! 

GO blinked and sat back when a hand pushed down his laptop. He looked over his shoulder and saw Seungho who didn't look too pleased. "Don't do that to yourself again." 

GO smirked. "Stop worrying so much, granpa."

Seungho rolled his eyes and handed the drink he had bought to GO. How could he not worry though? He watched over GO in concern as the latter opened back his laptop and closed the window as he got back to his work.

"He didn't really mean it." GO suddenly voiced out. He turned his chair to face Seungho who was sitting on the long couch not far from him. "That Lee Joon. If he really wish for our good, then instead of saying it to his fans,pretending he does care, he should have call us instead. Say it straight to us."

"Byunghee..." Seungho called but didn't say anything further. He didn't know what to say.

"He doesn't care." GO added bitterly, turning back to his work. "He never cares."

"Byunghee..." Seungho warned.

"What?" GO snapped. "The day it all started, I can see his real heart. Their real heart. They never care! That's their true heart. Ugly!" 

Seungho was frozen. His words stuck in his throat at the fury that was sitting before him. But it all ceased when GO's tensed shoulders relaxed at Mir's voice.

"Aaah~" Came Mir's whining voice from inside the recording booth. "My two lovely hyungs. Can I go and grab something to eat?" He shot both the olders with his famous puppy eyes and the two olders swore Mir had been such an expert at making those puppy-like expression as time went on. "Or our songs will end up having added sound of my stomach singing instead of your high octave voice."

"Stop exaggerating." GO rolled his eyes and just tilted his head to the door slightly and smiled when the maknae grinned widely and skipped out of the booth. "Buy me a sandwich too."

"Money?"

"Use yours."

"And you'll never pay back." Mir complained jokingly and skipped away while Seungho just chuckled at the fake hurt expression on GO's face.

"Seungho." GO called after a few minutes of silence, but his back was still on Seungho. "Cheolyong... He..."

Seeing how GO was hesitating, Seungho encouraged his friend. "What is it?"

"Is he still in contact with those two?" GO finally asked.

"...I'm not sure."

A heavy sigh fall from GO's lips. He still remembered when Joon and Sanghyun were still part of MBLAQ. Mir seemed to have put those two in his most favourite hyungs list which GO never could have comprehended why because it wasn't like any of those two treated Mir that special. Not even as close as the way Seungho treated the maknae. Or him... And Mir always, and never failed to contact those two, asking to hang out together or just want to talk even when sometimes the two weren't even that welcoming. If it was before this, then he wouldn't really mind. But, now...

"Byunghee... We can't tell him to stop contacting them just because of what had happened. It's his right. That's if he is still in touch with them." Seungho exhaled softly when GO just gave a nod. 

Even when GO didn't say anything more, he knew the lad still didn't like the idea that Mir was probably still contacting with the other two. And that somehow disturbed Seungho.

"Byunghee." Seungho called which GO just replied with a humm. Seungho waited, not continuing his words until GO turned his chair to face him. He wanted to see his friend's expression, studying him. "I know we are all hurt by them leaving. But..." Seungho leaned forward, elbows on his knees and his hands interwined in front of him as he stabbed GO with his eyes that were now sharper than a sword. As if he could see through GO easily. "But, you acted much more strongly. Is there any other reason?" 

GO swallowed as fear slowly made way to his features. He found himself looking away from the leader. "They hurt us. It just that." Seungho didn't buy it. He remained silent and kept staring at GO. GO sighed. "When history repeats itself, either we are ready and face it better than the first time, or it just damages us further. Me? Maybe the later."

Seungho frowned as he watched GO turning away from him and was back to his work, leaving the leader with puzzles.

 

○○○○○

 

"You okay?" Seungho asked, looking over GO who seemed calm and maknae who was a bit distracted by the make-up artist who was still applying some make-up on his face and still styling his wavy bleached hair. Mir just side glanced at his two hyungs who was sitting side by side not far from him.

"Yeah." GO simply answered.

"Hey... It's our new start." Seungho said with a smile. "Listen to that." He raised his hand, gesturing to all the loud fan chants that even reached them at the backstage.

"New start." GO nodded with same smile as he walked ahead, peeking his head to see the fans holding up dark brown balloon and some board with his name or the other members. New start...

All the while, Seungho approached Mir whom just finished his makeover and was looking just as calm. Mir was fiddling with the microphone in his hand, checking them as his ritual before going to stage.

"He's going to be okay, hyung." Mir said, holding the mike in one hand and clasping Seungho's shoulder with his free hand firmly. "We're going to be just fine." He assured.

Seungho covered Mir's hand on his shoulder with his own hand. That what he needed the most right now. Reassurant. And even without him asking, Mir had granted him with what he wanted. The way Mir spoke those words, the way Mir looked at him without blinking his eyes and the soothing smile on Mir's small lips comforted him. But, something was still bugging him when his eyes traveled to GO who was pacing around while warming up his throat as preparation for their comeback stage.

"Cheolyong-ah." He called. Mir rose his brows in response. "Byunghee... He said something weird before." He started carefully. He had been considering to just forget about GO's words but he just couldn't. He wanted to ask GO but... Again, he just couldn't. When GO said those words, there was something that he saw on GO's face. There was sorrow. There was regret. There was pain. There was... Defeat.

"What kind of words, hyung?" Mir asked, leaning a bit closer in curiosity.

"I can't recall exactly. But it sounded almost like this. Repeated history makes it worse for him."

Seungho noticed the realization in Mir's eyes as the younger leaned back and smiled sadly. Seungho knew it was right to ask Mir. Even when both Mir and him were super close with GO, but the maknae knew GO a bit better than him because even when the maknae always looked so clueless and naive, the younger knew exactly what happened around him. Mir was really observant especially when it came to the ones he loves and cherishes. That was why now Mir was the one protecting them, taking care of them.

"That history..." Mir started and looked sadly at Seungho. "Is Tykeys." That answered all. "He told me once when we went out drinking in a few years ago. You know how Byunghee hyung was when he was drunk. He just feel sorry for everything. He blames himself for everything. He's too soft-hearted and kind for his own good. Byunghee hyung wanted to die when that happened to Tykeys and when he survived and came back with MBLAQ, he gives everything to MBLAQ so the same thing won't repeat again. But, it just did."

Seungho let his head fall against Mir's shoulder and sighed deeply. "How can we fix him?"

"We are, hyung. We are and will keep trying." Mir replied and Seungho's arm. "You too need to heal."

"I am."

 

○○○○○

 

Mir collapsed face first onto the couch right away, letting his backpack fall from his shoulder onto the floor. The trio had just came back from their comeback show in Japan and he was dead tired.

"Ugh!" Mir groaned when he felt heavy load crushing the air out of his lungs. "You're heavy~" He whined but Seungho just shrugged and made himself more comfortable above the soft bed, namely Mir. Giving up, Mir just closed his eyes and buried his face in his arms. Didn't take that long for him to drift away into his dreamland.

Seungho too was slowly falling into a deep slumber when he saw movement from the corner of his eyes. Turning his head slightly, he peered over to GO who was rummaging through Mir's backpack. "What are you doing?" Seungho asked skeptically which made GO jumped in his spot.

The main vocalist hushed him by putting his index finger on his own lips before he turned back towards Mir's bag. He had this serious looking face as he got out several comic books, snacks and some more unidentifiable things out of Mir's bag, making Seungho wondered if the maknae's bag somehow connected to other dimension. 

GO's face lit up when he found what he was searching for. Mir's phone. His smile just widened when he found out the phone wasn't locked. He scanned through Mir's call records and texts for a few minutes before he nodded, satisfied and he put all of Mir's things back into their place.

"Don't tell me you're still..." Seungho stated dryly, almost groaning when he finally figured out GO's action.

GO pouted and scooted closer to the couch. "Okay, I admit it. I don't really fond of our maknae contacting those two. He's our maknae and he can't have any relation to someone I don't like."

Seungho pulled himself off of Mir and sat on the floor, facing GO. "I thought we talked about this." He sighed. "It's his right to be friend with anyone he want."

"Anyone but those two." GO retaliated, eyes sharp as he scooted closer to the sleeping maknae and held Mir's hand protectively. "Anyone but those two." He repeated, eyes softened as they fall on Mir. "Not them." He whispered and Seungho could only watch with sad eyes. GO was certain that those two would hurt Mir. The pain that he received had made him that way. He won't allow Mir to suffer like him. That's what he thought...

It hadn't healed completely. The scar was too big...