Beautiful past

It hurts

Sanghyun walked towards the cafe and the bell chimed as he pushed open the glass door with red frame. His eyes flickered around the empty cafe and finally saw the man wearing a round hat sitting at the end of the cafe almost hidden at the far corner. He walked closer and saw the man was holding a piece or paper but as he squinted his eyes to focus more on the paper, he realized it wasn't a paper, but a picture. His eyes traveled to the man's face. He couldn't see the man's eyes that were hidden behind the sunglasses, but he saw the man's lips were pale and a bit dry. His cheeks looked a bit more sunken than he last saw him which wasn't that long either, just a few weeks ago. He changed so much.

"Joon hyung." Sanghyun greeted and the owner of the name finally tilted his head up a bit and the picture was put in between his two palms.

"You're here."

Sanghyun also took notice on Joon's raspy voice. "You don't look too good, hyung." Sanghyun commented while he took his seat facing Joon. He waved off the waiter who was about to approach them.

"Yeah... I caught a flu." Joon cleared his throat and pulled off his sunglasses.

Sanghyun released a small gasped when he saw the dark circles around Joon's eyes. "Hyung..." He called slowly. "You haven't been sleeping, have you?" His tone was a bit more towards nagging. Now he got full close look on Joon, the older looked like he was about to collapse in exhaustion.

Joon sniffed. "Can't sleep. Tried already." Joon simply answered, sipping on his blueberry smoothies.

Sanghyun sighed. He wasn't that different from Joon. Probably worse. He had already been having insomnia and slight depression after he left MBLAQ, but that incident with Mir just made it worse. Sighing, his eyes travelled to the picture that was now uncovered as Joon used his one handto hold onto his drink. It was the picture of MBLAQ as five. "Where did you get this?" Sanghyun asked, taking the picture into his own hand. 

"It fall from Cheolyong that night, I think."

Sanghyun nodded and smiled slightly at the picture. It was taken during his first night in the dorm. He remembered clearly like it had just happened yesterday.

 

○○○○○

 

"I was born early of the year. So, Sanghyun! We're friends!" Mir exclaimed loudly making Sanghyun flinched. He looked back and forth between Mir's wide grin and his outstretched hand. Mir shook his fingers a bit, gesturing Sanghyun to accept his waiting hand while his orbs getting wider by seconds passed.

Hesitantly, Sanghyun reached out his own hand and lightly gripped on Mir's hand only to winced when Mir's grip on his hand tightened almost painfully while Mir's grin became wider. Sanghyun swore when Mir shook his hand fiercely, even his head became dizzy. Mir was really one tough boy.

Without letting Sanghyun's hand go, Mir stop shaking the poor boy and pulled Sanghyun with him to a door. "We're here! This is our dorm." Mir announced and practically tossed skinny Sanghyun into the tiny compact house carelessly.

Sanghyun looked around the messy space and shrugged. Well, he could live here.

"Hyung!" Mir ran passed Sanghyun who was standing in the middle of the living room while shedding of his hoodie and threw it in a random direction which ended up on Sanghyun's face and skipped to the kitchen.

Groaning, Sanghyun pulled off the white hoodie from his head and dumped it onto the floor with a pathetic plop.

"So... You're friend with the maknae?" Seungho who was following Sanghyun and Mir from behind quietly since from the practice room suddenly voiced. His dark eyes scanning Sanghyun's timid face.

Joon who appeared from one of the rooms with sleepy eyes, ruffled his bed hair and yawned loudly as he stroded towards the two boys in the middle of the living room.

"You're friend with Cheolyong?" Joon repeated Seungho's question, looking uninterested and again, Sanghyun just nodded.

Seungho and Joon exchanged a look before the two of them smirked, much to Sanghyun's confusion.

"He's so sneaky." Seungho chuckled and flopped down onto the couch and Joon followed suitly after, sinking next to the leader.

Sanghyun blinked in confusion and just stood there like a statue until Mir came out from the kitchen, pulling GO with him who had this spatula in his hand. Well... That was unexpected. Looking on GO superficially, with all that moustache, beard and sharp hawk-like eyes, Sanghyun would never have thought the guy could cook. He even wore an apron. That image somehow looked a bit... Weird.

"Let's take a picture!" Mir said and left GO next to Sanghyun before the boy scurried into the room Joon just emerged from before. It took only seconds when the boy came back with silver camera in his hands. "It's Sanghyun's first day here! We must keep this memories." Mir said excitedly as he pushed both Sanghyun and GO to stand behind the couch where Seungho and Joon were sitting on.

GO looked in shock at Sanghyun. "You let him talk informally to you?" GO asked.

Sanghyun nodded. "We're friends..." He stated naively.

"Friends?" GO echoed and his brows knitted when he looked over Seungho who was grinning and Joon who just shrugged while fixing his hair for the incoming photoshoot by the maknae. And GO finally burst into laughter as he slung his hand over Sanghyun's shoulder. 

Mir skipped to the other four as he finished setting the camera on timer and went to Sanghyun's other side and clung on Sanghyun's arm. Just a few second after, Mir suddenly shouted loudly while pointing on a direction."RAT!"

Hearing that dreadly word, the four olders shouted in panic. Joon climbed on the couch supporter, hugging GO who was still standing behind the couch with eyes and mouth wide opened in loud shout. Sanghyun grabbed on Mir while jumping around. Seungho squatted on the couch, eyes darting around for the mentioned pest while he was holding up his phone like a baseball bat. The camera flashed, followed by Mir's loud laughter.

"I lied." He said casually and took the camera back, nodding in satisfaction at the outcome. Each of his four other bandmates were looking comedic while he was calm with his michieveous smile and a peace sign. The memories was kept in that one picture.

 

○○○○○

 

"I still can't believe I actually became friend with him that time." Sanghyun said with a soft chuckle. His eyes looked distant as the memories came back to him. "And you guys didn't even bother to fix the mess."

Joon smiled. "We did. Just a bit late."

The table went silent as Sanghyun caressed the picture tenderly. "I miss them."

Joon looked away and swallowed. He blinked his tears back. "We shouldn't." He said in a small voice.

"But I still miss them."

"I..." Joon's voice cracked. "What Byunghee said was right." He suddenly admit, clenching his eyes shut. He was sure Sanghyun would hate him after what he was about to tell after this. "My company did tell me to never mention them in any media. But I never mean any harm."

Sanghyun blinked. It was quiet for a moment until Sanghyun just simply repeated his words from before. "I still miss them."

Joon opened his eyes and blinked before those orbs traveled down on the table shamefully. "...Me too."

"We both made mistake, hyung. We both hurt them." And those mistakes and guilt had been chipping away at their heart by time. And those longing made them numb from any kind of happiness. They missed them.

"We do."