Act

It hurts

Mir groaned when he had to fetch a plastic worth of medicine from the counter. Really... He hate drugs. "Where's the public phone?" Mir asked one of the nurse whom politely showed him the way. He made a short call to the manager saying he was getting out of the hospital and could make it home by himself so not to bother anyone.

However, he did see it as strange as when he woke up from his deep sleep, he was all alone in the ward room. There wasn't even a single sign of Seungho came to visit him. Or did the older visit him while he was asleep? Thinking that maybe both of the olders got work to do, he didn't want to bother them. Plus, his phone wasn't with him. Probably he left it in his room at the dorm. But still... 

"Their cute maknae fall sick and they leave me all alone." He grumbled to himself almost shouting in the middle of the hospital hallway without any care. Well, he never care in his life. It was just the way he lived his life. Free as a bird. He stopped himself though, thinking about all the other patients especially the ones with heart condition.

Walking slowly out of the hospital building, he stopped when he crashed into someone. His hands automatically reached out to hold onto the staggering figure. He exhaled in relief as none of them fall down on the hard ground. As a man with manner, he bowed his head down a bit, ready to be the first one to apologize when that familiar voice greeted his ears.

"Ouch, Cheolyong. Watch where you're going."

Mir looked up and his jaw dropped a bit when he recognized the one he just had little incident with. "Sanghyun hyung? What are you doing here?"

"Joon hyung is warded too."

"Joon hyung is warded too- Wait... Too? How did you know I'm being ward- Hey! Where are you taking me to?" Mir squeaked when his words were just being ignored as Sanghyun took his hand and dragged him back into the building again. "Hyung? What the-"

"I'm picking up Joon hyung too. Just come with me. I'll send you home."

"But I'm going back to the dorm." Mir stated, making obvious face.

"So?"

"Hyung! It's MBLAQ dorm!" Mir almost yelled in frustration. Sanghyun suddenly skidded to a halt without warning, making Mir bumped into his back. "H-hyung?" Mir called out carefully. He flinched back a bit when Sanghyun looked back to Mir over his shoulder with a small smile.

"I don't care." And he continued dragging dumbfounded Mir with him.

"What do you mean you don't care?!"

 

○○○○○

 

Mir stared blankly on the roadside. His hand kept playing with the hem of his own shirt. When his own shirt wasn't enough, he started playing with the car seat, oh... This habit of him. He really needed to stop but he just couldn't. He was slowly turning into a nervous wreck as Sanghyun's car was nearing the MBLAQ dorm.

"Are you serious?" Joon looked over to Sanghyun, deeply frowning at the younger. Him too, was a victim of Sanghyun who just drug him out of the hospital building before he was being tossed into the car. He felt like he was being kidnapped. Well... Maybe he should really report on Sanghyun. That would probably served as the lesson for the younger.

"What?" Sanghyun asked back, feigning ignorance. He had to use his all might to hide his smile as he saw both Joon and Mir were looking afraid like little puppies. 

Yes, Joon and Mir still didn't know. They didn't know that GO had accepted the two former members back. Though, it was still a bit stiff and awkward and there was still obvious gap between them, but still, it was a start for GO. And just like GO had said to him, "I hope you can be patient. I might not be able to accept you guys fully yet, but we'll take step by step. Slowly." 

Sanghyun knew it was hard for GO and his hunch was confirmed when he jumped in glee to hug GO, he felt GO stiffened against him and only after a few minutes did the older finally responded to his hug, patting his back gently and said "I said slowly... But. Yea... This is fine I guess." half-jokingly.

It's okay, though. He didn't take it to heart. GO was trying. That was the most important thing after all. GO was trying and it was only right for him to wait patiently until they were there again. Just like in the past.

"H-hyung, please. Just drop me at that corner." Mir pleaded desperately.

"What are you talking about? How can I let a patient walk that far on his own." Sanghyun simply retorted back.

"Sanghyun-ah. Just do as he said." Joon supported.

"Nope."

"Hyung!"

"Sanghyun!"

But Sanghyun just pulled out his quiet card, ignoring the duo who kept asking him to stop. He never listen on the daily basis anyway. Once his car enter the basement parking of MBLAQ dorm the noisy duo turned into silent mode.

Controlling his facial expression, Sanghyun turned towards the other two, breaking the silence. "Let's send Cheolyong to his house."

"WHAT?!" Both of Joon and Mir squeaked almost sychronizedly.

"Nononononohyungareyoucrazy?!" No wonder Mir was a rapper. Neither Sanghyun nor Joon could catch even a single word that fall from Mir's mouth like a bullet train in a single breath.

"What if they are here?" Joon asked in worries. The last thing he wanted to do was to show himself in front of Seungho and GO and watched the hatred in their eyes yet again. Not when his body and heart were so weak at this time. It would just struck him two times harder. He tended to be much more sensitive when he was sick.

"So? That's the point." Sanghyun said casually, stepping out of the car and proceeded to drug both Joon and Mir out of the car.

Mir struggled and grabbed a hold on Sanghyun's arms once he was free. "Hyung! Listen to me. Not now." He said as his eyes wandered around the parking lot wildly, praying none of his two hyungs were here right now.

Sanghyun shook away Mir's hands and copied the younger's moves by grabbing Mir's arms. "No. You listen to me. It's the time." He turned his head a bit to see Joon was tip toeing away from him. Making a face, Sanghyun simply reached out his long arm and grabbed the material of shirt on the small of Joon's back. "You're not getting away, hyung." With that, he drug the two with him towards the dorm. This would get interesting.

 

○○○○○

 

Mir was getting impatient with Sanghyun. He wondered why the hell Sanghyun was acting this way. Today of all days. He was still feeling a bit under the weather and all that he wanted to do was buried himself under a heap of blanket in his room and drifted away to the dreamland until he was feeling much better. Now, with Sanghyun acting like this, he just felt like his fever was getting worse again.

Mir tried again with the older. "Hyung, please. Just go home." Mir pleaded when they were already at the front door. He could see Joon was already blanched and seemed afraid, eyes darting everywhere, most probably looking for escape. What kind of situation was this? Oh god... It would have been better if he just got held in the ward still...

Sanghyun side glanced at the younger. Without further due, he just pushed on the doorbell button, ignoring Mir's loud gasp and Joon's shaky hand in his hold.

A few seconds later, the door was wide opened. Mir saw how Seungho's sharp eyes widened and instinctively, the maknae stepped forward, shielding the two former members of MBLAQ as he tried to act as a peace keeper. "S-Seungho hyung, I can explain."

Seungho's orbs kept flickering back and forth from the maknae to the two figures standing behind the maknae. His brows pulled together when Sanghyun winked at him. Grasping the situation immediately, he hid his smirk and expertly, he looked as pissed off as he always did when he had a bad day. He cheered innertly when the maknae flinched obviously as their eyes met. Seungho bet with himself that Mir would stepped away, retreating from his anger just like the timid maknae always did but his guess was drowned into the drain. Mir stood his ground. For the first time ever, Mir looked up to him in defiance. And he had to say, this... Amused him. Mir was being brave for his brothers. Somehow, he was flattered and proud to see this. Not that he never realized how mature and brave Mir could be in certain situation. It just never failed to amaze him. Mirnever failed to amaze him.

"What the hell are they doing here?" He hissed, starting his brilliant acting and saw from the corner of his eyes that Sanghyun was kind of smiling a bit but the younger quickly covered it while clearing his throat.

"W-we should go." Joon interfered while holding on Sanghyun's hand, trying to pull the younger with him but Sanghyun resisted quite easily.

"Why should we?" Sanghyun shot, sneakily sending a meaningful glance towards Seungho.

"Because this is my house and I don't want any of you two here." Seungho smoothly acted along, pushing Mir to the side, making sure he didn't push the still healing maknae too hard. He even jabbed on Sanghyun's chest rudely.

"Yeah? I don't think so." Sanghyun retorted.

Worried, Joon pulled Sanghyun back from Seungho a few steps away. "Why are you being like this?" 

"Because I'm sick with them acting this way." Sanghyun pointed accusingly at Seungho.

"What did you say?" Seungho seethed, venom dripping in his voice as his hand reached out and fingers wrapped around Sanghyun's wrist.

"Hyung! Stop!" Mir stepped in and grabbed Seungho's hand as he pushed away Seungho from Sanghyun. "Just stop." He whispered, holding his head. "Just go home. Please." Mir continued as he looked over to Sanghyun and Joon.

"Come on Sanghyun. Let's just go." Joon added.

"I don't want to." Sanghyun simply answered.

"Listen to Cheolyong, or I'll make you go away by myself." Seungho advanced threateningly only to get pushed backwards by the surprisingly quite strong maknae. Mir kept his hands out with palms facing Seungho in attempt to keep Seungho from inching closer to any of the two former members of MBLAQ.

"Why can't this all stop?!" Mir shouted in frustration yet his voice sounded airy and his chest was heaving for breath. Tears welling up in his eyes yet he wiped it furiously even before those clear tear could made way out of his eyes. "Why can't this just stop." He repeated in a whisper. He was frustrated. He was vexed. He was repulsed. He was... Tired.

Seungho stopped his acting as he saw Mir's face. The boy looked pale and was staggering a bit on his feet. Something was wrong. Something was really wrong. "Sanghyun. I think we should st-" Before Seungho could finish, Mir was already falling on the ground. Right in front of his eyes. And he couldn't react fast enough as his hand reached out to grab Mir's hand but it just slipped away from his grasp.

"CHEOLYONG!"