Bad blood

It hurts

Mir paced around the dorm. He thought Seungho and GO would have been back at the dorm already because this was the place where GO always ran off to without fail. But when he reached the dorm, it was empty. Now, he was worried. 

Sound of the front door opening made Mir jumped and almost flew to the front door only to sighed as he saw that it was their manager who was cocking brows at his behaviour. His shoulder slumped and he just turned away and walked back to the living room with the manager following closely behind.

"Where are the other two?" He asked. Mir shrugged. The manager hummed as if he knew something. "I thought you would be with them."

"With them? Where?" Mir asked.

"I brought Joon to meet them. They probably are having reunion lunch together right now." He said with a grin only to flinched when Mir raised his voice at him. 

"Kyungho hyung!" Mir never raised his voice at Kyungho because as Mir always said, Kyungho was like his father and he respected the manager as much as he respected his father. But, this time, he just snapped. "Why would you fu-" Mir stopped himself by biting his bottom lip before he could curse at the manager. He inhaled, trying to control his anger. "Why would you do that?" He tried to control his tone by gritting his teeth.

Kyungho blinked. Honestly, he was a bit scared seeing the way Mir was acting right now. For the years he had known Mir, he had never seen the young man got angry, well at least not to him. "What...?" Mir didn't seem like Mir.

Mir sighed. He couldn't blame Kyungho. The older didn't know what they had been through. They never told the manager about them having depression. Or about GO that had strayed a bit too far that the main vocalist's mental condition was a bit questionable. Even Mir's own mental is questionable actually. Mir looked up to Kyungho with a stern look. The manager needed to know so things like this won't happen again in the future. "Hyungnim. There's something you need to know." And the tension in the space became palpable.

 

○○○○○

 

After informing important details on all of the things the three of them had gone through, Mir didn't expect to get scolded and nagged for more than half an hour. That was... Really unexpected.

"The hell, you guys never tell me anything? I have been with you brats since your trainees days for godsake! And you even thought of keeping such a big issue like this from me? From me out of all of the other people! I'm like your parents! I see you guys as my brats. My kids. My children but you actually keep this from me?" 

Seungho and GO just came back when they saw the maknae was getting some good scolding from their manager. And they ended up standing next to the maknae, hands on the back like children being punished by their parents.

"We didn't mean to keep it from you, hyungnim." Mir mumbled. How the hell now he was the one feeling guilty. "It just happen that way."

Kyungho rubbed his temple before he approached GO who was standing quietly and put his hand on the younger's shoulder. "How are you doing now?" He asked softly.

GO just hung his head low. He wanted to say he was just fine, but he couldn't. That would be lying. He wasn't fine. Not after the sharp words from Joon that had yet once again managed to carve a new deep long wound on his already damaged and battered heart. 

Saving GO from having to answer that question, Kyungho quickly jumped off to another topic absentmindedly. "By the way, where did you two went off just now? The maknae was worried sick over you two." Kyungho frowned while Mir looked towards his two hyungs with wide curious eyes. Oh... GO wasn't safe just as yet. He really didn't want to answer the second question as well.

"Aah... We're from hosp-" Seungho stopped abruptly when GO nudged on Seungho's ribs harshly. 

GO turned towards their manager and gave a silent sign of that he would explain later and throwing a few nervous glances towards the confused maknae's direction.

Kyungho nodded in understanding and ruffled GO's hair. "You kids should have told me sooner. Then, I wouldn't have make such a big mistake." There was hint of guilt there. Not as much as Mir's though. 

"I'm sorry..." Mir whispered in a small voice that only he himself could hear it. He was sorry. He was really sorry. He was sorry for a lots of things. He was sorry that he couldn't protect his hyungs. He was sorry that he was too weak. He was sorry for everything. And what he was sorry for the most was that for the fact that he was starting to feel exhausted when he had promised himself to do anything for his hyungs even if he ended up breaking apart. 

But, now... He was exhausted. And he was sorry for that... His mind couldn't keep up with his intention. His heart and body couldn't keep up to his promises... He was already tired...

Mir... Was blaming himself...

 

○○○○○

 

The three members of MBLAQ had been invited to a private function where lots of artists from different companies were invited too, idols, actors and even comedians. It was somekind get together party with addition of few reporters. So, this was actually a chance for each of them to meet their busy friends. Even for Mir, he was too finally able to meet Key after a few long months. Their eyes had met when Mir was about to enter the hall and Mir almost immediately his heels and ran into the other boy's embrace when Key opened his arms with his characteristic cool smirk.

"I feel like I haven't met you for years!" Key exclaimed and intentionally squeezed Mir tighter against him for one more time before he let Mir go.

Mir smiled. "It's you who had been freaking busy all the time."

"Don't give me that. You're just as busy as me." Key retorted. "Though I'm a bit more busy since I'm more popular." He flipped his brown hair cocckily and the two friends fall into a light laughter.

With Key, Mir didn't feel as suffocated. With Key, he felt light. Key knew how to make him laugh though sometimes this one friend of him can be a heck of a scary man. So, with a light smile on his lips, he kept listening attentively to Key's rambling on how Taemin had became more rebellious and a lot more of other random topics. 

Mir didn't mind with Key's long empty chat. He kind of needed this. Needed some distraction. And Key was a very perfect distraction. And Mir knew that Key knew Mir needed this. That was why Key kept talking non-stop because usually, it was Mir who was the talker in their conversation.

"So, I was like, hell yeah-" Key stopped abruptly making Mir rose his brows at the other. Key unconsciously reached for Mir's hand making Mir even more confused. "I think it's better if we get in already." Key said, pulling Mir with him.

When they almost entered through the door, Mir's confusion was resolved. He caught a glance in a direction down the hallwhere where Lee Joon and Sanghyun were there, talking and laughing with Kwanghee and several other celebrities Mir thought were actors. As if Joon could feel Mir's eyes on him, the older glanced back but there was coldness in those eyes as they met Mir's. Mir unconsciously flinched back and grabbed Key's hand tightly before he rushed into the hall. He was scared. Joon seemed beyond pissed.