Responsible

It hurts

Seungho looked over to GO who was starting to fall asleep by Mir's bedside. The main vocalist had been staying awake the whole night taking care of Mir since Mir suddenly groaned in pain, curling on bed and holding on his stomach. The poor maknae threw up all the little meal that Seungho and GO barely able to force the maknae to eat. 

"Byunghee." He called out to the dozing off lad. GO blinked and hardly able to lift up his heavy eyelids. He had been worrying over Mir for the whole night. He was burnt out already from the packed schedule on the day and had to stay awake for Mir at the night. GO looked over to the clock on the wall. It was morning already. "You have no schedule today. Go and rest in your room."

GO rubbed his eyes and looked at sleeping Mir who looked a bit better than yesterday though still a bit pale. "Ani. I'll just stay here."

Seungho shook his head at GO's stubbornness. "One sick member is more than enough." He reminded but sighed shortly after when he saw GO just ignored his words and stood his ground. "Fine. At least get some sleep.Cheolyong wouldn't mind you sharing his bed." Seungho said and carefullyhelped to move Mir a bit so there would be space for GO.

Agreeing with Seungho, GO lied on the bed. He turned to his side to face Mir and put his hand over the towel that was still on Mir's forehead before he drifted away to his much needed sleep. 

Seungho watched over the two, after making sure GO was having his rest, he let himself relaxed a bit. He stretched his back before he leaned against the chair he was sitting on. He couldn't really kept his eyes away from the two men lying side by side on the bed. His dongsaeng. His responsible. Seungho bit on his lip and exhaled a shaky breath. His chest tightened, making it almost impossible for him to breath.

Those two had suffered so much with him watching by side, unable to do anything. But as much hurt they were going through. As those many times they fall into the deep hole. Broken and shattered. He was still proud of them two for being able to be here, healed. They were all patched up of shattering pieces, yet they were living. Like everyone else, they were living. He felt like he had done nothing much. Even when he was the leader. Yet... He was useless.

"Hyung. I love you and thank you. For everything." Seungho closed his eyes as Mir's words rewinded in his head. It wasn't that long after GO was able to laugh again. After all three of them finally able to smile again. Mir had suddenly came into his room with a childish smile and had jumped on him, hugging him tight, thanking him. When he said it was all thanks to the maknae and he had done nothing, the maknae had repeated those words to him again and again, trying his hardest to convince him. Saying on and on that because of Seungho, they were still here. Seungho opened his eyes again with a smile as he looked over to Mir. This brat... Never fail to made him smile. He wonder though if Mir's randomness wasn't purely one. Maybe Mir had noticed him being a bit down that day. Mir... His precious dongsaeng...

The sudden ring of Mir's phone made him jumped a bit in his seat. Scrambled up and quickly grabbed the phone, he realized it was a call from Sanghyun, but the call was dead before he even had time to answer. He blinked when he saw few messages from Sanghyun. Glancing a bit at the sleeping duo on the bed, he his lips. Should he read the texts? But, then, it would be privacy invansion. Though Mir was practically his younger brother, still, it wouldn't be appropriate for him to snoop around and read other's texts. But...

He stole another glance towards the two on the bed. Hell it all. He tip toed out of the room with Mir's phone in his hand. He opened the texts once he was in the living room. Concern and worries painted his features as he scrolled down the texts.

 

Sanghyun :

Cheolyong, are you free? Let's have lunch with Joon hyung. He won't eat if you won't come. Please? He need to eat to get better. His fever worsen since you left.

 

Sanghyun :

I'm coming for you. Why aren't you replying to my text by the way?

 

Sanghyun :

Is everything okay? With... Byunghee hyung? I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have went there.

 

Sanghyun :

Are you still sick? Joon hyung is still running fever too. What do I do? If you're okay, can you please come to Joon hyung's home? He had been calling your name in his sleep.

 

Sanghyun :

Don't fall sick... And I'm sorry. For everything.

 

Joon is... Sick? From the texts he read, it seemed bad. Seungho felt how his heart beat a little bit faster. Worries rushed through his vein. Without thinking for even a minute more, he rushed into his own room and grabbed his jacket, wallet and car key. He brought Mir's phone with him yet he forget his own phone as he slammed close the front door and rushed to the place he should be right now. Those two were once his responsible. And it just hard to change the habit.

 

○○○○○

 

Sanghyun bit his lips as Mir still didn't answer to any of his texts and his call. He put away his phone when Joon once again talked in his sleep. Mumbling incoherent words.

"Hyung!" He gasped once his hand touched Joon's skin. Too hot. Joon was practically burning. The older's fever wasn't that high last night. "Hyung, please wake up." He tried when Joon started whimpering and crying in his sleep but it was all in vain. This can't stay this way.

Grabbing his car key, he slipped into his jacket. He needed to take Joon to the hospital. It didn't matter if Joon would get mad at him for taking him to the hospital without his permission. The one that matter the most right now was Joon himself. He would even drag the older if he needed to.

Carefully helping Joon to sit up on the bed, he paused when the doorbell rung. He frowned for a moment before his eyes lit up. "Hyung. It could be Cheolyong." He said and put the pillow to help propping Joon's weak body up.

Sanghyun almost raced to get the door only to froze at the unexpected guest. "S-Seungho hyung." He stuttered. He was more than surprised as he stared wide eyes at the figure standing in front of him. This couldn't be true... Was he dreaming?

"Where's Joon?" Seungho asked without much delay, trying to look into the house past Sanghyun's shoulder impatiently.

Sanghyun heard that question but somehow, his brain couldn't translate it. His mouth kept moving and all that fall from his lips was the older's name. "S-seungho hyung."

Hearing his name instead of the answer to his question, his eyes finally flickered towards the younger. Seungho's dark orbs softened when he took a moment to see the shock on the younger's face. He saw how Sanghyun eyes a bit wet. Tears threatening to fall. "It's been a long time." He said softly. Realization dawn on him of how long he hadn't been seeing this one dongsaeng of him. Of how he actually had been missing him.

The fatherly tone in Seungho's voice hadn't changed a bit. The way Seungho's lips curved into gentle smile hadn't changed. The way those usually sharp eyes softened and could easily comfort him hadn't changed. Everything about Seungho was the same. "H-hyung. I-"

Their moment was stopped when a loud crashing sound could be heard from inside the house. Sanghyun and Seungho exchanged a surprised glance before Sanghyun breathed out Joon's name and both of them bolted back into the house. "Joon!"

 

○○○○○

 

GO cursed under his breath when Seungho didn't answer his call. He was waken up by Mir whom started tossing on the bed, whimpering in pain. Once he was fully conscious from his remaining sleep, he was immediately alarmed on the sick maknae's condition. Mir was curled on his side, arms hugging his stomach, face as pale as marble. When he asked the maknae of what was wrong, Mir could only shook his head, curling even tighter into a ball. He tried to find Seungho only to realize he was left alone with Mir. And right when he really needed the leader... He sighed exasperatedly.

"Andwaenende." He whispered to himself as he approached Mir back. He put his hand on the maknae's arm and rubbed on it comfortingly. "Cheolyongie. It's okay. I'll take you to the hospital. Can you walk?" 

Mir looked up to GO and nodded weakly. He slowly uncurled but the wince on his face was permanent. Once he stumbled on his legs, almost falling to his knees, GO caught him. GO hold the maknae's up by waist and helped him out of the room.

"I'm just going to take my thing and we'll go to hospital, okay?" Again, Mir just nodded weakly. GO helped him to the couch in the living room before the older buzzed around the house for his things. It took him not even a minute to help Mir back on his feet.

"Come. Just hold on for a bit. We'll be there." GO tried to comfort the hurting maknae all the while trying to supress his worries and anxiousness.He kept telling himself everything would be fine. Everything needed to be fine since right now Mir was fully his responsible. Since he was the one in charge right at this moment. "You'll be okay."