Reach out

It hurts

 

It had been three days. And in those three days, GO was coped up in the room. He didn't eat, only drink water that he always kept in his room. And in those three days, the maknae never left his spot near the door. Waiting and kept waiting. Even the maknae didn't eat.

Seungho had left to work early this morning. They needed to start the preparation of releasing their new album. Their new start as three. Seungho had left with heavy heart but had trusted Mir. Mir had assured him. Mir had assured him with a smile and a nod. He believed in the maknae.

Mir blinked and yawned when sleepiness get to him. He didn't get much sleep last night as he heard muffled sobs from behind the closed door. GO was crying again. And he stayed up all night with GO, sometimes he hummed a song for the older. He knew he wasn't even as close to a good singer like GO, but that was his way to make sure GO knew he was there. He has always been and will always be. Sometimes, he just tapped on the door with his index finger when he was too tired to sing.

Slowly lowering himself on the floor, Mir curled to his side and finally letting himself walk into his dreamland.

 

○○○○○

 

GO's eyes never left the closed door. As if he saw the maknae from behind the door. Mir never left. He knew because he heard Mir's voice humming a soothing song for him. He heard Mir knocked softly on the door whenever he started crying or started to throw things around the room.

He stood up from his position where he sat, hugging his knees at the corner of his room. He dragged his feet towards the door. His hand ghosted above the knob. He didn't know if he should open the door. He hesitated. What was holding him off?

GO pulled away and turned around. He slid down onto the floor, leaning his back on the door. He couldn't... He failed... Like all those times in these three days when he almost opened that door, he still failed. He just couldn't. And finally, he fall asleep against the door. The two brothers fall asleep in each other's company, separated only by a door and wall.

 

○○○○○

 

Mir leaned his side on the door. A smile made up to his lips. He heard that close shuffles against the door. GO was there. GO was still there. Mir tapped on the door again with his index finger and waited for a few seconds. He was about to tap again on the door when that sound reached him and his hand froze midair.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

It was GO... It definitely was GO. And the rest of the day spent with them exchanging taps on the door. The first step to their communication. They never said a word. Just kept tapping on the door in turn. They didn't need word. Those tapping sounds were the replacement of their words. Strangely, the tapping sound could comfort them better than any words in the world could.

 

○○○○○

 

It was in the midnight when GO found himself drowning in tears again. Without reason. He felt his stomach twisted. He slowly sat up from his position where he was lying on the floor. He tapped on the door. No answer. Standing up, with tears still wetting his cheeks, he thought Mir had left again and he opened the door.

He blinked seeing a curled bundle on the floor. Mir was sleeping. His hoodie was pulled up to cover his bleached hair. His breathing was even and GO caught the light tremble of Mir's frame. He was cold...

 

○○○○○

 

Seungho rubbed his tired eyes. Was it wise to let Mir do as the maknae asked? Shouldn't he stopped all of this? It had been five days. GO still hadn't came out from his room. Both of the men didn't eat a thing. Wasn't this getting worse?

Mir only left his spot for a quick shower or quick use of toilet, other than that, the maknae spent the whole time there, in that very spot. Waiting and waiting. He refused to eat as long as GO still in there.

Shaking his head, Seungho stood up from his bed. He couldn't leave this alone. It was like the two was back to the time they were detaching themselves in their own virtual world. Nothing changed. He wanted to trust that Mir could fix GO, but his faith was fading by time.

Seungho walked out of his room to get Mir when he stopped just right there. His sharp eyes slowly widened. Was he hallucinating? He blinked and rubbed his eyes before he looked up again. He wasn't...

The door to GO's room was open. The main vocalist stood there, looking down on Mir who was curling on the floor, sleeping. GO then crouched down and carefully gathered Mir in his arm before he took away that precious bundle into his room, closing the door softly behind him.

Seungho blinked at the now close door. It took him a few seconds to digest what had happened before a smile finally made way to his lips. A smile that came from his heart. Maybe he could really trust the maknae. Sure, it took time, but Mir had made his way to GO. And he knew, Mir will lead the older back to his old self. Slowly, but surely...

 

○○○○○

 

Mir felt something tickled his cheeks. Scrunching up his nose, his eyes blinked open and he inhaled short small breath at the sight of GO staring back at him with sad eyes. His eyes wandered around pass the older and realized he was in the older's room, lying on the bed, facing the older. His eyes fall back to GO when he felt finger that traced over his left cheek.

"Still hurts?" GO asked. His voice was coarse and raspy, the result for crying and wailing so much.

Mir managed a smile to his lips and he reached GO's hand that still ghosting over his cheek. His smile faltered a bit when GO pulled away and sat up on the bed. As response, like he was tugged by invisible rope, he too sat up on the bed, watching his hyung that was facing away from him. Watching those fragile shoulders slumping down. 

"I didn't mean to hurt you." GO said in a small voice.

Mir exhaled softly. "It doesn't hurt anymore. It's healing." He said, tracing over his bandaged wound. "Hyung-"

"Maybe it's best for you to leave." GO cut the younger off. He didn't even once turned to face the younger. He held his head in his hands, blinking rapidly as new streams of tears trailing down his cheeks. "I can't be helped.It's better for you to leave." He choked a sob. "Or rather, I'm the one who should leave." His frame was shuddering with wild sobs by now. His fingers clenched tightly on his raven locks to the point that it was painful, but he didn't care. That pain couldn't even compare to the pain he felt in his chest.

GO felt the bed dipped behind him as Mir moved closer to him. He expect the boy would hug him. Mir always the one that gave comfort to people by showing gentle affection like that and he found himself anticipating that. He wanted someone to just hug his misery away. But, it didn't come. Something moved at the corner of his eyes. He side-glanced and saw Mir's hand. The younger's hand was held out at his side from behind him, palm facing the ceiling. 

"Just reach out, hyung. My hand is always held out for you. Just reach out."

GO brought his hand closer, but he was hesitant. When their fingers almost touched, he retreated back. But, Mir's hand never moved from the same spot. Just like Mir himself, it kept waiting.

Mir had took long strides to him but the boy always stopped and left a space. A step worth of space and Mir would wait. Waited for GO to take that leftover one step. That was just the boy's gentle way to guide him. Mir was always there for him but at the same time, Mir didn't spoil him.

Slowly, GO wrapped his fingers around Mir's hand and he felt Mir's own fingers tightened around his hand. Suddenly, he felt assured. He felt like everything would be fine again. He... Dare to hope now...