Guilt

It hurts

Mir ruffled his silver locks until it became messy as the new texts from Sanghyun kept coming in. Sighing harshly, he stared at his phone worriedly. Sanghyun kept asking him to come and visit Joon since Joon kept asking to meet him. And he had been declining the invitations.

Mir rubbed his temple, sending new text to Sanghyun telling he couldn't for the tenth times. Not that he didn't want to. He wanted to. He was worried knowing Joon's fever still hadn't ceased based on what Sanghyun had told him. But, he needed to think about his other two hyungs as well. Plus, Mir thought Sanghyun alone could take a good care of Joon. Hopefully...

"Cheolyong-ah. Let's go out for dinner~" 

Mir turned to see GO was popping his head through the door to Mir's bedroom. "Oh hyung~" Mir greeted brightly but there must be something in his smile that gave him away as GO's smile faltered and the older approached him in concern.

"What is it, Cheolyong?" 

"What? What?" Mir feigned ignorance as he smiled nervously, the corner of his lips twitching a bit.

Worried, GO grabbed a hold on Mir's shoulder. "What is bothering you? You know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked with motherly gaze.

The pure concern glimmered in GO's orbs made Mir felt worse for hiding this from GO. But, he didn't want to hurt GO. Truth just hurts and sometimes it was better to not know. Ignorance is a bliss after all. Did he even had choice other than lies.

"Cheolyong..." GO's voice was undertone as he tugged Mir closer to him. "Tell me." He tried to find Mir's eyes.

Mir swallowed loudly before his eyes automatically drifted to the floor. He really hate lying to GO but each of his cells warning him from breaking out the truth.

"Problem with girlfriend?" GO tried. Mir pursed his lips and shook his head slightly. "Then?" He kept on pestering, hoping Mir would answer. He had been noticing Mir was acting a bit strange these days. He wanted to ask but had been a bit distracted by their tight schedule. Life had been a bit hectic. "Cheolyong." He called again and was shocked when a drop of clear pearl fall on Mir's smooth cheek. 

Mir sniffed. His eyes opened wide. Even he, himself, was shocked by the falling tears. And another drop fall. He tried to wipe them away but it was futile since more tears falling from his glassy eyes wetting his flushed cheeks.

"Hey hey hey... What happened?" GO said in a gentle voice as he moved Mir's hands away and wiped those tears with the sleeve of his own shirt.

Mir shook his head but no words fall from him, instead, choked sobs escaped from him once he opened his mouth. He just kept crying and let GO soothed him. The guilt was eating him from the inside. 

"It's okay." GO patted the younger's shoulder comfortingly.

"I'm sorry." Mir croaked out, looking up at GO with wide glassy red eyes.

GO was taken aback by Mir's sudden apology. But that wasn't all. He was taken aback because the sorrow guilt in Mir's eyes reminded him of someone. Because Mir's small timid voice asking for forgiveness remindedhim of someone. Joon...

"I'm so sorry." Mir said again and again. But GO couldn't respond to any of that. Because right at this moment, his heart was hurting. It hurt... It hurt to see that look in Mir's eyes. It hurt that he remembered exactly the same look in Joon's eyes. It hurt because he couldn't and wouldn't do anything about that. Why would that image came back to haunt him? It just hurt...

 

○○○○○

 

GO carded his fingers along Mir's silky locks. The maknae's frame was shaken once in a while by his remaining sobs. His brows were knitted in his sleep. His nose and cheeks were tinted with rosy colored blush after all those crying.

GO looked up when he heard sound from the door to Mir's room and his eyes locked with Seungho whom immediately frowned in confusion seeing the maknae was sleeping with his head on GO's laps while GO was gently the maknae's locks. Sure, it wasn't an unusual sight, but something about the sad gaze GO was shooting him made him wondered of what had happened. His frown deepened as he got closer and saw how Mir's dark long eyelashes were wet and glistened with fresh tears and the maknae was still sobbing faintly.

"Why did he cry?" Seungho asked in a whisper, crouching in front of GO and Mir who were on Mir's bed as he put down snacks that Mir had asked him to buy on the way home from his schedule just next to him. He run his thumb just under Mir's eyes as he wiped away the still fresh tears.

GO shook his head while kept the maknae's silver locks. "I don't know. It was out of blue. He looked like he has some problem, so I asked him and he just... Cried." Even GO looked confused as he explained to Seungho.

Seungho pursed his lips as he looked back to the sleeping maknae. Seeing the frown starting to form on maknae's features, he used his index finger to press in between the knitted brows until Mir's tense look relaxed again. The youngest was probably having an unpleasent dream.

"I thought we are all healed." GO muttered sadly.

Seungho shook his head as he patted GO's arm. He smiled up to his friend. "I'm pretty sure this isn't that. This is not a slip up."

"Then, why did he cry?"

"That was for us to find out." Seungho muttered as his eyes trailed back to the sleeping maknae. 'Really. What exactly are you hiding from us?' Seungho sighed as that question was only running around in his head yet he got no answer.

 

 

should I head for happy ending or sad ending? Hurmmm