Maybe this was a start

It hurts

Sanghyun groaned as he sat up in his bed, helding onto his pounding head and clenching on his dark locks, managing himself to messed up his bed hair even more. He looked around the dark room. Guess Joon did take him home. As he felt how dry his throat was, he made a bee line to the kitchen.

Sipping cold mineral water, his eyes caught the yellow note on the fridge. It was from Sandara.

Gaedong-ah...

Noona had meeting. Going to sleep over at Bom's house. Appa amma had to go on bussiness trip. Make sure you eat dinner. I made you omelet rice. Saranghae <3

Your little noona

With all his heart, he did love both of his noonas. But, he still didn't really fond of Sandara's cooking. It wasn't like he had any choice. He, himself was a bad cooker.

While chewing on the omelette rice which by the way, taste bland and a little bit sweet, Sandara must have forgotten to put the salt and have put in the sugar instead, again, his eyes stayed frozen on the ticking clock on the wall. 3.15am. So... It was that time again.

Since he left MBLAQ, he had been waking up at this ungodly hour and couldn't sleep anymore. He thought, getting drunk like that would made him fall asleep till morning, but, guess again...

Finishing his dinner, he went back into his room, slipping on his exercizing tracksuit and grabbed his backpack. Since a week ago, this had became his daily routine. Waking up around three in the morning. Went out to work out until his energy burnt out so he would collapsed back into sleep due to exhaustion. It was the only way he could get himself an undisturbed sleep. He knew it wasn't healthy. But, he didn't care... Not since long...

 

○○○○○

 

Mir's eyes blinked open when he heard sound of muffled shuffles from the hallway. His eyes flickered to the watch on his table. It was four in the morning. His hyungs just came back? Where did they go to come back home so late?

Pulling himself up from the bed, he stretched up. Now that he was already waken up, he didn't plan to go back to sleep. He had schedule in two hours anyway. Thinking of how should he pass the remaining time, his eyes caught the sight of the lying box containing a pair of new sport shoes he bought two months ago yet never had a chance to use. Nodding to himself, he took the box and decided to go cycling to his favourite park. It had been long since he did that. 

GO who had been cycling a lot at Han river these days had been telling him how fresh the breeze was and how beautiful the sight was. Well, now it was time to enjoy all of those by himself, not that he was going to cycle all the way to the Han river. It was too far from the dorm and it was probably freezing and windy there right at this hour. His favourite park was quite far from the dorm as well, but he enjoyed the place, so he didn't mind having to cycle for a little bit more distance.

Making his way quietly to his waiting cycle, he smiled. Luckily Seungho had fixed his bike just a few days ago, so now he could use it with ease. He took out his bike which was stored just next to GO's bike and pulled up his hoodie. Having already done some simple warming up, he ride with ease until he was on the quiet road which was a bit wet. It was probably raining when he was asleep last night. He kept cycling until he reached the park. 

The park was empty from any soul which made it a lot more fun since he could cycle as fast as he could and as careless as he will to. He started speeding, enjoying the feeling of burning in his calf as his muscles were working hard. He enjoyed the erratic beating of his heart against his ribcage. He enjoyed the cold wind greeting his skin and he kept speeding until something caught his eyes.

Mir slowed down a bit while controlling his heavy breathing and narrowed his eyes as he focused on the figure jogging not far from him. So,there was actually other people exercising at such hour. Seeing how there were no one else here, Mir decided to greet the stranger as he cycled past the figure. "Morning, sir."

"Cheolyong?" Mir pulled on the brake when he heard his name. He turned curiously towards the stranger as the stranger walked up to him, pulling down the hoodie covering half of his face.

"You..." Mir breathed out. He didn't expect to meet Sanghyun here at this place and this hour. This made him wonder if fate really hate him. The coincidence was almost laughable.

"H-hey..." Sanghyun gave out an awkward smile which Mir never replied to. Not that he expect the younger to smile in his presence. But still... His weak heart still managed in getting hurt over that.

There was awkward silence between them. Sanghyun didn't know what to talk about with the younger while Mir just simply didn't want to talk to Sanghyun. Putting one of his foot on the pedal, he was about to cycle away when Sanghyun got a grip on his bike, stopping him from moving away. 

"I-" Sanghyun started, but he really didn't know what to talk about. But he knew one thing. He didn't want Mir to go away. This kind of opportunity might not come again. There must be a reason why they met here of all places and of all time. It was fate. Unlike Mir, this is a fate he chosed to be grateful at.

Mir studied Sanghyun's features. Sanghyun's mouth kept opening and closing but there were not a single word came out from the older. Somehow, it wasn't really an unusual sight of the older. He saw this a lot before back in the times when they were still awkward even as a group. And that triggered the past memories. Again, without his permission.

Sighing, Mir pushed off Sanghyun's hand from his bike and started pedalling forward, intentionally in a slow motion. He pedalled once and let the bike moved on his own, his speed matched that of a person jogging. And that gave Sanghyun's a chance to jog next to him.

Sanghyun smiled to himself. Mir was still cold to him. He didn't talk. Sanghyun knew Mir didn't want to talk. Mir didn't smile at him. Mir didn't even look at him. But, this was enough for him for the time being. Just Mir being there was enough. He was content with just this. Having Mir by his side, in a quiet company. And he knew somehow, when he got back to his home later, to his room, he would fall asleep easier this time. Because somehow right at this moment, he felt lighter.

"Thank you." Sanghyun whispered. Mir never replied. Mir never asked what that words for but Sanghyun knew Mir heard him. And that was enough. For now.