Between the maknaes

It hurts

Due to his strong emotion of longing, Sanghyun found himself standing outside of MBLAQ waiting room. No... His sister didn't have any show here. So did he. But, he was here. He was here for MBLAQ. He had heard today would be the farewell stage for MBLAQ. The promotion period had been cut short due to GO who hadn't been well and needed rest. That made him worried but he restrained himself from going to see any of the three members of MBLAQ. Thinking and contemplating on how bad the situation would turn out if he decided to meet the three. But, now. Here he was. 

He was tired of thinking. He was tired of considering. He missed them. That was all there is to it. He missed them and wanted to meet them. So, he came. He pushed away all his doubt and came. However, as he reached the close door, his feet were nailed on the floor. His hand felt heavy that it was left limp on his side without knocking on the door.

After ten more minutes standing in front of the room with messed up mind, half-wanting one of the MBLAQ member just came out of the room and saw him there, half-wanting to just leave, he chose the later. He turned with his head hanging low. He just took two steps when he saw black leather shoes in front of him. Slowly, he lifted his head, eyes traveled from the black shoes to the small figure until they reached that face which carried obvious shock.

"Cheolyongie..." His voice was barely above whisper.

Mir blinked and looked past Sanghyun's shoulder before his brows knitted in slight anger. "Did you just come out of that room?" Mir's voice was filled with venom.

If it was before, Sanghyun would have snarled back at the younger and probably even beat the younger up for his hostility and rudeness. But, he remembered clearly the image of broken Mir, pleading for him to fix Seungho and GO. Pleading for him to take the pain away. Now, the hatred Mir showed him just made his heart swell in sadness, knowing the maknae was just playing strong in front of him. Knowing behind all of those rage and unyielding stoic expression on maknae's face was a broken soul.

"Cheolyongie." Sanghyun took a step closer and tenderly reached for Mir's small hand. He saw how Mir flinched but he was grateful the younger didn't pulled away or slapped away his hand. "Come." He said, voice as soft as the flutter of wings of butterfly and guided the younger out of the building. He took the maknae to a park not far from the building. 

Finding a bench facing a beautiful lake, Sanghyun sat first, still not letting go of Mir's hand, he tugged a bit. He watched carefully how Mir's soft brown orbs darted everywhere except on him, how Mir looked hesitant whether to sit or just walked away. He waited in silence and let Mir decided by himself. As Mir finally sat down next to him, albeit scooting as far away as he could from Sanghyun on the far end of the bech, Sanghyun released a breath he didn't even realize he was holding on.

"I didn't meet the hyungs." Sanghyun started, he pulled Mir's hand on his laps and covered the smaller hand with both of his own hands. He saw how Mir's face darkened and the younger looked around restlessly, probably afraid of either Seungho or GO saw them here, but he still held onto that hand stubbornly. "I want to... But I can't."

He noticed his voice was wavering. And judging from the way Mir looked up to him with doe innocent eyes he hadn't seen for a long time and just realized he had been missing on, he knew Mir noticed that too. Their eyes locked for what seemed to be hours as Mir's soft brown orbs were filled with questions. Mir was trying to find something in Sanghyun's eyes and Sanghyun just let the younger be. Let all his raw emotions showed in his eyes as he smiled sadly to the rapper.

After a long silence, Mir's eyes widened and small gasp escaped from the younger's lips. Mir looked away and pulled his hand away from Sanghyun. He dug his hands into his jacket pocket.

Sanghyun sighed quietly. "I remember that day..." He started again. "I don't know why, but I always dream of that day these few nights." Mir was still silent and was looking away from Sanghyun but Sanghyun knew the maknae was listening. Sanghyun drifted his eyes on the calm lake in front of him. "That day when we were first ever being left alone with only two of us in the dorm as the hyungs all went out to a bar and the lights went out. You was so scared that you actually come to my room. I know though, that if Byunghee hyung or Seungho hyung were there, you wouldn't have came to me. Honestly, I was relieved that you came to my room because... Well... It's embarassing to say this but I was actually a bit scared as well."

Mir bit his lips. Of course he remembered. He treasured that memory because that day was a start of their close friendship. After two years of awkwardness and a wide gap between them, they became inseparable brothers because of that one night. But, he didn't want to remember. He wished he could erase all of those precious memories so he could hate the older. So he could properly rid of the pain.

"You said you like me even when I ignore you a lot of time. I said I like you too but I was afraid you will think of me as boring. I'm not as outgoing as Byunghee hyung which you seem to favor that time." Sanghyun continued. "After that, I notice you always tone it down when you're with me. You matched yourself on the same level as me. You were still loud and talked a lot. But, you changed according to my mood. You know exactly when to keep quiet and just listen when I want to talk. But you talk a lot when I don't want to talk. You said you have fun hanging out with me." Sanghyun chuckled. "You even said I was much more fun to be with compared to Byunghee hyung, not that I believe you because we lied to each other all the times." Another chuckle. "But, I'm still grateful for those words."

Mir squeezed tight his eyes closed and bit on his bottom lip harder that he could taste metallic blood in his mouth. Without his permission, the memories came haunting him. Without his permission, the memories made his heart twinge in pain.

Mir shook his head harshly, unwilling for the memories to replay in his head. His movement had caught Sanghyun's eyes as the older called his name carefully, putting a hand on Mir's shoulder. Mir shook away that hand. He had have enough! Finally, it was too much for him to handle. 

"What the hell are you rambling on?" He snarled and stood up. Sanghyun moved automatically, mimicking the younger. "Stop saying some insignificant things. I don't remember, okay!" Mir tried to walk away but Sanghyun grabbed his arm and forcefully turned him around.

Sanghyun had this stern look on his face as he stabbed deep into Mir's eyes with his own dark eyes. "You're doing it again." He stated almost saying how obvious Mir's acting was right at this moment.

Gritting his teeth, he tugged harshly so Sanghyun lost grip on his arm. "What?" He barked as he felt his vein snapped.

"You're lying again." Sanghyun stated calmly. "Not just to me. But to yourself."

"Don't do that!" Mir seethed, stepping away from Sanghyun. "Don't say it like you know me. You don't know me. You don't!"

Mir turned and was about to break into a run when he paused for a moment. "Remember your promise." Covering his ears with both of his hands, Mir broke into a mad dash towards the building. Left alone, Sanghyun watched as Mir's figure getting farther from his sight. "Remember our promise." He whispered as if Mir could hear him.

 

just a reminder(??) ahead of times. In case I go missing for a few days, it might be because I'm lack of idea and skill to write. So, be patient and wait for me. I'll be sad if any of you guys left and unsuscribe

I might go meditating on a mountain under waterfall for some inspiration. Lol just joking :)