Seven

You Got Spooked!
7 Joking 

 

Yoongi let out an enormous groan as soon as he exited the demon's nest—Principal Lee's office, causing the nearby students to look at him weirdly, but he couldn't care less. He took a deep breath to calm his agitated mind and threw silent expletives at the door before tugging on the strap of his bag, heading outside. He had to get away from there.

 

Yoongi unconsciously smiled at the sight of his childhood friend waiting for him at the soccer field. He couldn't deny that he had had a crush on her before. The fact that she had grown more mature and beautiful, the 18-year-old teenager had a hunch that it most likely would be the cause of his resurfacing feelings.

 

He was about to call for her when he saw another figure clumsily kicking a soccer ball beside her. Immediately, a scowl made its way onto his face as he swerved for the other way.

 

"Yoongi!"

 

He wasn't planning on stopping.

 

"Yah!"

 

His upper half was jerked backward in an awkward position as Chanmi pulled his necktie, forcing him to look at her. He gave her a glare but to his unfortunate, it didn't work on her like it did on others. Chanmi knew him too well.

 

She wasn't happy that her friend had ignored her and therefore didn't have a problem spitting it at his face. With her eyes being magnified ten times bigger behind the glasses, the boy couldn't take her seriously.

 

"I'm not." he said blandly, wretching his tie away from her and fixing his attire.

 

Chanmi stopped herself from delivering an incoming lecture with a sigh. "Whatever. Anyway, I met your friend, Jumie here and we—"

 

Yoongi bluntly denied her quick assumption that the horror girl could be a close friend of his, not noticing the other girl cringing in offense.

 

"If you don't shut up and listen, I'll make sure you regret it for the rest of your life," Chanmi threatened him, and he instantly feigning an interested face with a charming smile. He didn't find her threatening at all. "Anyway, it turns out that she's never played any type of sports before. The poor thing. So I was wondering if you'd be so kind to—

 

"No." Yoongi deadpanned.

 

She gawked at him in disbelief. "You don't even hear what I'm going to say!"

 

"Whatever it is the answer is no."

 

"Yoongi!"

 

"...."

 

"Yoongi!"

 

"Oh, alright!" The boy covered his ears, wanting to save his hearing from going deaf. He then glanced at the other girl, who instantly averted her eyes to her shoes. It wasn't that he hated her, though, he recently found himself more prone to accidents whenever she was around.

 

At Yoongi's call, the brunette walked over slowly with her head down. "Jurii, right?" he asked absentmindedly.

 

She mumbled something inaudibly.

 

"What's that?" he asked impatiently.

 

"Jang Jumie!" she yelled her name with her eyes still stayed glued to the ground.

 

The boy, however, was rather surprised by her sudden change of tone. Like all girls, her voice was feminine but still clumsy as though she wasn't accustomed to talking. As weird as it sounded, Yoongi found himself pleased to hear her clearly, aside from the mumbles and incomprehensible mutters that usually came from her.

 

"Calm down, all right?" He wasn't the least fazed by her small outburst but he still enjoyed piquing the younger girl. "If you want to vent, do it to that ball under your foot."

 

Chanmi slapped his arm, "Stop making fun of her, you moron."

 

The senior body president protested as he rubbed his abused arm, wondering since when did his childhood friend develope a liking to to this form of harassment.

 

"It's ok." Jumie interrupted them, deciding to take her senior's suggestion. She then stared at the goal post with narrowed eyes, positioning herself in front of the ball. Her feet buried into the earth as she breathed through . Swinging a leg, she kicked the ball so hard that she tumbled backward.


She heard the ball struck the metal post, sending it shaking before, to her horror, clashing into Yoongi's face with a sickening crunch.

"Holy s—

 

Yoongi held his nose as it began bleeding. His friend, instead of aiding him, betrayed him as she stifled her laugh and checked his face for any broken bones, her body shaking relentlessly from her silent laughs.

 

"Gee, thanks for being so worry." Yoongi snatched the handkerchief she was handing out. That did it. His same aged friend bursted out laughing so hard that she clutched her stomach. He swore and placed the cloth on his philtrum, soaking up the flowing blood.

 

Jumie came running over, apologizing and bowing at the same time. "I'm so sorry! But you're the one who asks me to kick!"

 

"Ok, stay away from me!" he yelled at her, his voice muffled from the crimson-seeping cloth on his nostrils. "I swear you do nothing but cause trouble!"

 

Jumie felt hurt by his words. It wasn't the first time for him to verbally hurt her, but it still stung. Chanmi's laughter subsided, looking back and forth between them as silence descended upon the trio. Yoongi didn't seem to notice it as he continued complaining to himself. She was about to become the icebreaker, when Jumie unexpectedly turned around to leave. Feeling as if she was responsible, Chanmi ran after her. "Don't mind him. He's being a sourpuss."

 

"Yah." defended the said boy.

 

The two girls ignored him as Jumie smiled even though it didn't reach her eyes. "But it's better if I do stay out of his way. What he said is true, though, I do cause a lot of trouble for him."

 

"Yeah, but—

 

"Yah!" Yoongi called. "You guys still know that I'm right here bleeding, right? I need some assistance here."

 

Chanmi scowled. "Shut up, you lazy retard!"

 

Jumie, however, couldn't bear to let him bleed to death. She went back and took his already bloodied handkerchief, and then forcefully and intentionally stuffed tissues into his nostrils, ignoring his protesting groans. Avoiding his eyes, she pushed his head upward, ordering him to keep it that way for a while. Surprisingly, he did as he was told.

 

Without a word, the sophomore bowed to both of her seniors and scurried away, leaving no chance for Chanmi to stop her, or for Yoongi to tell her that he was just joking.

 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 

Edited on 24.07.2016