Six

You Got Spooked!

 


    6 weird day 

Jumie had a grin so big that her cheeks stretched wide side to side like the notorious clown from the Batman series. She was ecstatic at making new friends, but even so she still felt suspicious of the new girl. Why did Chanmi choose her amidst the other students? Perhaps this was some kind of prank. Perhaps this was a dare, which somehow had something to do with a creepy misfit. Whatever it was, the girl was already nervous.

 

Jumie made an exasperated sound as she glanced at her wristwatch. "I should go to class. I'm already late."

 

Chanmi surprised her again by boldly linking her arm around hers. Jumie stared at her, wide-eyed. "It won't hurt to be late once in a while and besides, the teachers aren't always on time, are they?" reasoned Chanmi.

 

"I guess." Jumie unsurely. Her feet moved after Chanmi, as if they had mind of their own.

 

As they approached the senior section of the school, the corridor seemed to be more organised and tidier. Even the classes looked quite inviting as the students appeared to pay their outmost attention on the lesson. The teachers also seemed to be serious and professional in doing their work.

"Wow." exclaimed Chanmi, voicing out Jumie's thought. "Whoever is in charge of the school certainly knows how to handle the seniors. Usually this was the time where they don't give a damn about school."

 

Jumie nodded in agreement, ignoring the slightly offensive word from the older girl. Even though Min Yoongi could be the most brutal person out there with his unusual choice of vocabularies, he certainly didn't fool around with his responsibility.

 

"Stop right there, you two!"

 

A male student strutted after them, furious by the looks of his long strides. Despite his short height and thin figure, his strawberry blonde locks and sharp gaze really made a everlasting impression.

 

Jumie had the urge to run as the mentioned boy advanced towards them with his nostrils flaring in anger. The council members were supposed to check the school grounds for idlers, who seemed to find it convenient to play truant under Min Yoongi's watch. But she always disregarded the idea of Yoongi checking the male washroom or any other places.

 

"You!" Yoongi looked more angry now that he recognized her.

"Sunbae," Jumie bowed despite the jitters she had travelling down her arms. "I was just showing the new student the way to her class."

 

"New student, you say?" he warily eyed Chanmi, who was gawking at him with an apparent gleefulness and amazement in her eyes. His impassive face turned to a more disturbed one.

 

"Yoongi? Min Yoongi?"

 

His eyes narrowed, mouth ready to verbally attack if he had to. "Do I know you?"

 

"It's me, Choi Chanmi," She patted her chest, a bit disappointed despite herself. "Remember?"

 

Yoongi scrunched up his face in thought, being slightly impatient as he tried to recall the girl's name. Not long after, realization glazed across his face before he looked at her with a genuine smile. "It's been a long time, Choi Chanmi."

 

To that, they both laughed in reminiscence of their younger selves; both were shorter and louder then. Jumie, on the other hand, tried to grasp the situation. She was rendered tied-tongued by the sweet smile Yoongi had plastered on; something he rarely did, even with his friends.

 

"You know each other?" she nudged Chanmi.

 

The older girl nodded, a proud smile tugging her lips. "Yeah, he's my friend."

"Oh," Jumie simply said as she looked at the boy's rare side, entranced by its beauty. "Oh."

 


 

"Hi, noona." Jimin appeared in front of Jumie, carrying a tray of cafeteria foods.

 

Jumie didn't say anything as she eyed him, a chopsticks sandwiched between her lips. Jimin took it as a nonverbal consent and plopped ungracefully on the seat across from hers, before folding his arms on the table. "So, Jang Jumie-noona....is it?"

Jumie swallowed down her food and reluctantly nodded, causing the boy to began digging into his food, ignoring the girl's lingering stare. "My name. How—"

 

"I've a lot of friends," said Jimin, struggling between chewing and slurping, his speech muffled by bits of chewed food in his mouth. "They tell me stuffs."

 

Her eyebrows shot up. "And didn't they say anything about—Jumie jumped, when he sudden looked up at her with a slight glare, as though daring her to argue more—um, nothing."

 

"You sure?" he expressed innocently, lightly teasing her. Flustered, the girl vehemently shook her head. She wasn't sure why but there was a suggestion of assurances in his words. She found it the slightest bit comforting, even though he .

 

Jumie cleared . "Um, you don't sit with your friends today."

"Nah." Jimin shrugged. "Namjoon-hyung is discussing about a homework with his teacher. Yoongi is catching up with his girlfriend over there, and I wouldn't want to be the third wheel between them."

 

Yoongi and Chanmi were two tables away from them, facing each other. Their meals were untouched. Yoongi appeared to be protesting about something as he pointed a finger at his old friend, while Chanmi was having a fit of laughter. They both seemed to be close. Jumie started to wonder what it'd like if she was in Chanmi's place, joking around with a friend.

 

"Chanmi? His girlfriend?" asked Jumie.

 

"Not yet but come on, look at them," insisted Jimin. "Have you ever seen Yoongi-hyung go around smiling like that?"

 

Jumie shook her head no. The underclass man clapped his hands once, before spreading his arms wide, as though to show the obvious. "No offence, noona. But you're naive at figuring things out."

 

She didn't have an answer to that, as she was perfectly aware of that statement.
 


 

Yoongi was washing his hands under the running tap, when Sanbyul swaged into the restroom with his friends, goofing around. They paused when they saw him at the sink, although Yoongi ignored their existence as he wiped his

hands dry.

 

Sanbyul tucked his hands in his pockets as he smiled at Yoongi, attempting a careless posture. "Didn't know you can be so close with a pretty girl, Yoongi-shi."

 

The senior didn't bother to look at the other boy, passing him like how one would treat a wind. He was about to reach for the door handle, when one of the boys slapped a hand against it, blocking Yoongi's way out. Lazily, the student body president gave the shorter guy a side glance, promising danger. The junior flinched from under his gaze, but nevertheless he stayed defiant.

 

Yoongi let out a sigh. "What is it, Lee?"

 

"Just to let you know," drawled Sanbyul, smirking. "I find your little birdie worth banging."

 

Yoongi clenched his fist in silent fury and turned to the boy who held the door. "Get out of the way, kid." he warned.

 

The boy hesitated, before removing his grip on the door; being foolishly brave was out of question by the look of rage on Yoongi's face. The senior kicked it open and left the premise, fuming.

 

Once he made himself out of students reach, with his hand reaping the tie from his collar, he vented his anger on the bared walls around him. Kicking and kicking, growling as his head spun in pain and anger. Of course, with the amount of expectations and matters on his shoulders, along with the huge responsibility of leading a million students, he bounded to snap someday.

Not long after, he found himself panting on the ground, legs sprawled wide, his feet blaring from the kicks he had initiated. Now that he was numbed after the breakdown, regret and exhaustion started seeping in; he had missed class as it was.

 

Moving around too much was exhausting, and he had already helped Chanmi throughout the day—guiding and introducing her to people she may deem necessary.

 

Who knew letting oneself lose can be so exhausting?

 

With his eyes closed, he didn't notice another presence before him until much later, when his senses started kicking in. He straightened up to find a ghostly face inches away from his. Shocked, he threw himself against the wall behind him.

 

"Yah!" wheezed Yoongi. "Jesus! You almost killed me! Are you plotting against me or what?"

 

Jumie just stared at him. "I thought you're not easily scared."

 

"I'd if you weren't so desperate at kissing me!" he shot back. That was a bad pun, and he didn't mean anything by it, but Jumie grew beet red. Her hands quickly flew up to her cheeks.

 

"What?" Yoongi gave up with a sigh.

 

The girl still didn't move, her hands didn't leave her face.

 

"What?" he repeated, though, more impatient.

 

"Y-Your c-c-cd." she stuttered as she pulled out a disk out of bag, but like the unlucky person she was, she ended up throwing the object at his face.

 

"Aish!" Yoongi grunted, rubbing the abused spot between his eyebrows.

Jumie stared at him in horror. "S-sorry! I-I didn't m-m-mean to. T-that's your—um—I-I'll go now!"

 

With that said, she spun on her heel and sped after the other way. Yoongi ruffled up his hair in confusion as he stared after her retreating back.

He looked down to the piece of plastic on his lap. In spite of that, his rage was now gone.

 

"Thanks, horror girl."

 

 


                                                                                                                                                                                             eg *  

 

 


    
     author's note 

 

 

I TELL YA! I'm the worse at writing a comedy! And I swear, Jumie's speech is the hardest to write, because of her character. She's not really a shy or quiet kind of girl. More like the strange girl who didn't choose to be antisocial.

Oh, and if you guys are wondering, Jumie still doesn't have feelings for Yoongi. She's just being wistful when she saw Yoongi and Chanmi together. And the last part was her natural reaction.

Lastly, I'm proud to say that I created Sanbyul's name. Haha! I don't even know what it means!

Edited on 01.07.2016