Twelve

You Got Spooked!
12 before storm 
 

Once again, Jumie wished that she wouldn't get into another familiar situation where she was in another office, awaiting her fate. Principal Lee was sipping her black, depthless coffee, apparently unfazed of the situation. Yoongi stood beside her with his usual blank face, but his eyes didn't fail at catching Jumie's eyes, which proceeded with the bashful girl looking away. Jumie hated herself for suddenly being shy around the older boy after everything. Still, she pondered the question of what reason for him to be there, when the brawl had nothing to do with him.

 

"Now," said Principal Lee, placing the cup back to its saucer with a clink, and Jumie curiously wondered if the bitter taste influenced the woman's forbidding personality. "Who starts the fight first?"

 

The silence in the office that followed after Principal Lee's question was filled with air of hesitation and fear from the five students, though, the hesitation was mostly from Sanbyul's part as he considered his options. The way the two Lee's treated each other was no different than two strangers, therefore Sanbyul wouldn't want to risk his luck, even if it's with his own flesh and blood.

 

"Why don't you ask Park Jimin, ma'am?" said Sanbyul, entertained as he glanced at the mentioned boy, whose face instantly blanched.

 

Principal Lee flicked her cold gaze towards the youngest between the five. "Mr. Park, is there anything you want to say?"

 

Jumie, who was beside Jimin watched in concern at the youngest as he clenched and unclenched his fists, glaring at his shoes before pulling himself together. "I did, and with a good reason," said Jimin determinedly. "Your son just insulted my friend and family."

 

Principal Lee's eyes flashed dangerously as if she didn't appreciate the reminder of her status. "Since you like to show a demonstration of a violent act, Mr. Park, I'm going to suggest you take three weeks of suspension. Maybe then you'll know how to control that genetic temper of yours."

 

Jimin didn't say anything, his eyes stayed fixed on Principal Lee's dark ones. Softly and suddenly, a whisper escaped from Jumie's lips, then, all eyes were on her, including Yoongi's impassive ones.

 

Jumie were hyperventilated by the amount of stares on her but steeled herself and lifted her head. "That's not very nice," she declared with a hesitant expression.

 

There wasn't a response from the audience for a while, until the particular senior stifled his silent fit of laughter. He had never seen such a pathetic defiant act.

 

 

"Nice going, Jang," taunted Sanbyul as they entered the empty homeroom. The rest of 2nd year students were probably in the gym, gathering for their PE class. Jumie slowed to a halt and let the three boys pass, glancing at the ugly faces they made at her. She sighed heavily as her fingers made their way to her eyes, wiping the tears she had shed from fear and...utter disbelief.

 

The way Principal Lee saw it, Jimin and Jumie were the ones who started the fight, and Sanbyul and his gang merely defended themselves, turning a blind eye to the fact that they insulted both Jimin and Jumie and had an advantage in numbers. Jimin was so mad that he swore in reflex, which only served him another week of detention. The principal sentenced the both of them to classrooms patrol—sweeping the floor and arranging the tables everyday for a month, which was better compared to Yoongi's during his freshman days. That was until she added another library duty for Jumie. Just peachy.

 

Jumie was on the verge of a nervous breakdown when Namjoon tapped her back, looking rugged in an outfit of a T-shirt with the school emblem planted on it with a black sweatpants. He eyed her in concern, "I'm not going to ask what happened since you look like you're about to throw up—again."

 

Jumie shook her head in denial and made her way towards the row of compartments at the back of the room, where her gym attire laid. Namjoon, however, had other plans as he took her wrist and pulled her out of the class. Jumie's eyes doubled in size at the unexpected move from the boy for he was never the one to force people. She half-heartedly let him dragged her along the corridor, heading towards the school infirmary. Once they were inside the ward, Namjoon set her down on one of the beds, and not long after the school nurse, a beautiful lady in white dress walked out of her cubicle, looking surprised.

 

"Hey, Inna." Namjoon grinned.

 

What the older lady did next surprised Jumie as she reached out to twist his ears. Namjoon winced and backed away, massaging the abused spot. "How many times do I have to tell you to respect your elder?" scolded the lady.

 

"Once," mumbled Namjoon with a pout. "Even so you don't have to treat me like a ten years old."

 

Inna narrowed her eyes. "What was that?"

 

"Nothing."

 

Inna nodded briskly before turning to the awed Jumie, who was watching from the sidelines. Inna's lips broke out into a warm smile. "Excuse us. This kid here thinks that he could get his way with an ex-babysitter. Anyway, is there anything I can help you with?"

 

"Uh—"

 

"She's not feeling well, noona," answered Namjoon instead of her.

 

"I see," Inna bowed down, checking the girl's eyes for any sign of symptoms. "Well, you can take a few minutes rest and I'll inform your PE teacher of your absence."

 

"You don't have to do that," Jumie told her. "Namjoon-shi is just being worried."

 

"Ah..." Inna raised her eyebrows at Namjoon, who immediately crossed two of his fingers over each other, shaking his head no at whatever was on her mind. "Are you perhaps his girlfriend?"

 

Jumie blinked innocently before shaking her head. "He's not my type. I prefer guys that don't spend time watching ."

 

Inna burst into laughter; Namjoon let out a howl of misery, slamming his forehead against the wall, his ears were red. "Oh, I like this girl," Inna repeatedly thumped his back.

 

 

 

 

Jimin would have accompany his now-official, favourite noona to her class if Yoongi didn't hold him back. Bystanders turned curiously at the duo. Jimin looked as though he could hug Jumie for defending him back at the principal's office, even though nothing could be a help to them. But he was still thankful for the effort. He may actually fight through Yoongi's clutch but the look on the older's face was so murderous that he didn't think it was good for his health.

 

"What're you staring at? Scram!" Yoongi glowered at the onlookers. They scurried off, overlooking Jimin's pleading eyes.

 

"Care to explain what in that little mind of yours when you decided to pick a fight with Lee-freaking-Sanbyul?" hissed Yoongi, his grip on the younger wasn't getting any looser.

 

Jimin swallowed, attempting a smile. "Instinct?"

 

"Instinct? That's the best you can come up with, you little punk?" Yoongi pressed a hand on top of the younger's head, feeling the pleasure of seeing the boy squirmed. "Thank that girl for distracting the one damned hellcat because I swear I was going to kill you if you really get suspended."

 

Jimin squinted at Yoongi amidst the struggle. "You mean you're not going to kill me now?"

 

"Not yet." Yoongi smirked, snickering at the uneasy look on Jimin's face. Out of all the kids in Daegu High, Jimin was the one he thought least likely be involved in a fistfight. You can imagine how shocked he was when he heard the commotion, and to make it worse, Lee Sanbyul had to be included, which only made Yoongi's blood boil.

 

"Hey, hyung, what's with the jacket?" asked Jimin, eyeing the very stripy clothing Yoongi was holding ever since early morning, as if he was going to return it to someone.

 

"Oh, this?" Yoongi held it up. "I'm supposed to return it to that Jang Jumie girl but—

 

"What? Since when did you borrow from people?" Jimin eyed him suspiciously. "And why did it have to be Jumie-noona?"

 

Yoongi ignored him and continued, "I don't know. I feel like this thing is—like important to me. I don't know why—it feels like I've seen this jacket before."

 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "It's a jacket, hyung. Of course you must have seen it from a shop or something."

 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 

I've actually included a few hints of the mysterious jacket guy's identity at the early of this chapter. So can you guys guess who? Haha.

Guys, I'm sorry to say that I won't be updating frequently from next week. Something came up and I'm not so sure when it will end so I can't promise anything.

Hope you guys understand.