Twenty-five

You Got Spooked!

 


    25  min 

 

After introducing herself as one of Yoongi's acquaintances, she was quickly ushered into the double-storey house by the very excited Yongjun, who was all too happy to let her in after recalling her face somewhere in his memory box. That was why the girl was standing in the middle of the Min's living room, staring in awe at the private house of her student body president. Yongjun, on the other hand went to kitchen to inform Mrs. Min of their guest.

 

The insides of the Min's residence were all in order. It was fully furnished, with additional potted flowers being placed on every windowsills. Framed family photographs were arranged neatly along the bare walls, bringing life and joy to the house. There was also a small fish bowl that seemed to add cheekiness to the sophisticated-looking room.

 

Jumie found herself edging closer to the pictures, picking one that nicely captured the smile of a toddler, one that distinguishably looked like Min Yoongi.

"Oh, who do we have here?" A strict, yet pleasant voice surprised her from behind. Jumie quickly placed the frame back to its former place and looked to the petite, middle aged woman standing at the threshold of the living room.

 

Unsure how to act, she idiotically stuck out her hand, instead of bowing like a normal Korean. "Jang Jumie. Please to meet your acquaintance." she introduced quickly.

Mrs. Min smiled widely and took the girl's waiting hand, palming it as she tried to warm the freezing hand. "Aren't you cold, dear?" she asked, a mix of disapproval and concern in her kind tone.

 

Jumie quickly nodded, gladly welcoming the matriarch's warmth, slightly blushing under the woman's caring smile. She never had thought that someone like Min Yoongi would be blessed with a mother figure like Mrs. Min. With his uptight behaviors, she wouldn't be surprised if he was raised by Principal Lee.

 

Moreover he certainly had better luck than her.

 

That was why she was quite disheartened when the middle-aged woman had to leave for some grocery shopping. Not that with the woman being there, talking with Yoongi would be anywhere better, but at least the housewife would come to her rescue if anything could go wrong.

 

Besides, she wasn't particularly thrilled at being left alone with another taller version of Min Yoongi. Despite how friendly he appeared to be.

 

"Jumie," called the man, almost making her jump out of her skin. Noticing this and not wanting to offend her, Yongjun suppressed his urge to laugh. "Why don't you go upstairs first while I brew us some tea? Yoongi's probably taking a nap right now. Wake him up for me, will you?"

 

Suddenly, being left with the eldest Min didn't sound so bad.

 

The climb upstairs grew more and more dreading as she reached closer to the second floor. Nauseous clouded , threatening to let lose her anxiety as she looked for the door to Yoongi's room, as if expecting to see chains and locks entangling the wooden block. Now she noticed how she tended to get sick under tension.

 

The door turned out wasn't chained, but it merely stated there in bold carvings that Yongjun is not allowed. Jumie's eyes grew rounder at how silly it sounded. Who knew Yoongi could be so childish, aside from the mature boy she was familiar with.

Eventually she couldn't find the said boy, as the room was deserted. Aside from the soft, whistle of wind that came from the opened window, everything were fixed in place inside the sleeping chamber.

 

She was going to close the door, only to pause when something caught her eye as it lightly dangled from the working desk. Ignoring her subconscious warnings, she moved forward to grasp the very jacket that grew very dear to her heart. It wasn't hers to treasure but it was a pure reminder to her that despite its imperfections and cracks, the world wasn't a cruel place.

 

Before she could raise the garment to her cheeks, someone swiftly grabbed it, leaving her hand hanging. She was then met with a guilty-looking Yongjun as he brought the jacket out of her reach.

 

Overcame with emotions and very, very offended, the girl was on the verge of crying.

 

"Oh god, no! D-don't cry!" Yongjun panicked. "I-I didn't mean to hurt you! It's just that this reeks of sweat a-and—here smell it!"

 

True to his words, Yongjun shoved the jacket to her face.

 

It did smell.

 



The man eventually concluded that Yoongi had snuck out from the window. So that left him with the task of entertaining their guest for a while.

 

"Ah, so he just took it from you?"

 

They were both in the laundry room, waiting for the washing machine to do its jobs of cleansing her jacket. Both had mugs of aromatic tea in their hands as they talked. Well, Yongjun was the one doing the talking, while Jumie only replied with subtle nods and indistinct mumbling.

 

Despite that, Yongjun patiently heard her, enough for her to be more comfortable and told him about the jacket man; of how it influenced her life.

 

"That brat...." chuckled Yongjun, shaking his head. "And it's so precious to you! What do you think, Jumie? Should we punish him for it?"

 

Ignoring the small urge to say yes, she hesitantly shook her head. It was funny how she didn't go out killing Yoongi for taking her stuff. In fact, she found herself didn't mind at all.

 

Perhaps it was due to her everlasting fear for him?

 

"It's what to be expected of Yoongi," continued the man with a reminiscing expression. "You know, he really likes it. He even wears it to sleep, which explains how disgusting it got. He's going to be sad if you take it...."

 

Not knowing what to answer to that, Jumie could only smile. Initially she was quite glad that the youngest Min loved it, but how could she? It wasn't hers to begin with.

"Jumie-shi."

 

Yongjun's suddenly serious tone caused her to shrink. She could practically feel the heat of his gaze on her head. A gentle pull of fingers on her chin caused her to reluctantly look up, meeting the man's eyes.

 

They both do look so alike, Jumie thought.

 

"Just curious to know: what would you do if I'm your guy? The jacket man?"

 

Before Jumie could give some form of reaction, her ears picked up the indistinguishable sound of door clicking before Yoongi burst through the door. His face stayed impassive as he looked to the two people on the floor, though, the twitch in his eyebrows said otherwise.

 

"What the hell is going on?"

 

Something in the boy's tone informed them that someone is going to die tonight. 

 


     

 

 


                                                                                                                                                                                             eg *  

 

 


     

 

 


     author's note 

 

 


    

Yes! I'm so happy that I get to update twice this month! Well, in the end of this month anyway... I haven't proofread it so please excuse the errors.

So yeah, I would like to thank you all for supporting this story. It has been a year since I published this and I'm happy that it manages to survive.

Though it would be really nice if you guys comment. Don't be shy, I would like to hear all of your thoughts. Comments really give me the inspiration to write more.

And did anyone guess out who the x man is?