Thirteen

You Got Spooked!

 


    13 clown 
 

     

Yoongi refused to acknowledge the fact that his mother threw him out of the house, virtually forcing him to enjoy the weekend outside instead of sleeping in the comfort of his crib. Peevishly, he somehow convinced himself that he was doing it because he wanted to and not to oblige to Mrs. Min's request. That was how headstrong he was, and Yoongi being Yoongi, he practically dragged Jimin out of the lad's house, bullying the younger into accompanying him for the day. He planned on kidnapping Namjoon as well.

 

"Why do you have to treat your dongsaengs like this?" cried Jimin theatrically. "Have you no heart at all?"

 

"Oh, shut up," drawled Yoongi, peering in the convenience store in Namjoon's neighbourhood, where the silver haired boy would occasionally work. He searched for a while before sighing in vain. "Freaking monster is smart enough to run away."

 

"I had my date planned out," muttered Jimin to nobody in particular. "And you just have to swoop in and destroy it."

 

Yoongi turned to him with an eyebrow raised. "You have a date?"

 

"Is it really that hard to believe?" asked Jimin with an offended expression. Yoongi chose not to throw another abusive remark or he'd have to deal with a sulky Jimin, and god knew how annoying he could be when that happened.

 

They stood by the bus stop, waiting for the next bus, along with other individuals of different statuses, from the goofing youngsters to the pensive elders. A flock of teenage girls eyed the two boys from the side, although the duo didn't seem to notice them. Jimin reclined against the bus stop post while Yoongi chose to entertain himself by playing with the new app on his phone. Apart from the usual chattering and jabbering from the residents, Jimin could only hear the sound of Yoongi's thumb tapping against the screen.

 

"Say, have you heard anything from Yongjun-hyung?" asked Jimin in a tone so casual that it sounded like a sarcasm, and he smirked in victory when Yoongi stopped dead, his thumb hovering above the phone screen. Controlling himself, he glared at the younger boy. Jimin cheekily smiled back at him.

 

"You just have to rub it to my face, don't you?" scoffed Yoongi, returning his phone back to his jeans pocket when he saw the blurry outline of the golden vehicle advancing towards them.

 

Jimin sniggered behind Yoongi's back as they jumped into the half crowded bus, choosing to stand and letting the others fighting over the provided seats. "It was a rare chance," babbled Jimin. "And I definitely am not going to miss the chance to see the envious, green Yoongi rising to surface."

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "To answer your previous question, I did actually. He is coming over to visit us for the holiday."

 

"Oh, fancy that," chirped Jimin. "I didn't know that you miss him to that extent."

 

Yoongi scowled in annoyance.

 

The town square was extremely crowded; groups of families and friends were shopping around, looking for discounts; couples of two simply walked around hand in hand, fingers pointing at trivial objects. Yoongi, however, chose to linger around the fountain area. He looked around; food stands obviously dominated the region as the sizzling sound of frying oil hit his eardrums; he found it quite relaxing.

 

"So what now?" asked Jimin, hopping on his feet to the catchy music playing in the background. Yoongi slumped on the edge of the fountain, yawning widely, "I'm going to take a nap, you?"

 

Jimin turned to him with an incredulous look. "Really, hyung? Aren't you the slightest bit embarrassed of yourself? We're in public, man!"

 

Yoongi made an unimpressed face. "See if I care."

 

"Fine. Fine." grunted Jimin. "At least, give me some money to get us something to chew on."

 

"Where's your money?" asked Yoongi.

 

"You dragged me out of the house, remember? So can you at least treat me like any older brother would?" retorted Jimin as the older boy chuckled sadistically in response. Yoongi handed him his worn-out wallet but not without yelling out warnings to not spend too much, when the boy made his way for the street vendors. A few minutes later, Jimin came back, bringing two paper bags of warm, brown hotteoks.

 

"How immature can you get?" said Yoongi, nevertheless, he still accepted the pancake, feeling quite hungry despite himself; he wasn't exactly a fan of sweets to be honest.

 

As Yoongi sat nibbling the cooked dough, partially frowning in disapproval at the overbalanced sweetness in it, when he suddenly felt his instincts kicking in. He turned to his right to see a clown—yes, a clown running towards him with a wild expression on its exaggerated painted face. A second later, Yoongi leapt out of the way, and the clown skidded his red shoes across the pavement to a full stop before he could hit the water surface of the fountain.

 

"Seriously?" exclaimed Yoongi angrily as the clown fell on his . "Does no one understand the meaning of personal space? It's called personal for a reason!"

 

The clown as he might call it stared at the hotteok that Yoongi had dropped on the ground before looking up at the angry teenager, then, his lips spread into a wide grin—almost like an expression of a child getting caught during a misdemeanour. If not for the youthful, smiling face, Yoongi might not tell that the clown was in fact just a boy; maybe a year or two younger than him.

 

"What's up?" Jimin stood up, his mouth was busy chewing. He lifted an eyebrow at the other boy, as if he just noticed him there.

 

"Taehyung!" A familiar face greeted them, panting from the brief marathon he had have for chasing after his cousin. Namjoon squinted up at two of his friends, and his face contorted with grief. "Oh god, why do you guys have to be here?"

 

Taehyung the clown boy cocked his head to the side. "They're your friends, Joonie-hyung?"

 

"Joonie-hyung?" Jimin barked into a contagious laugh.

 

Yoongi smirked, nodding his head, "Joonie, huh? Macho."

 

Namjoon groaned. "Thanks, Taehyung. Thanks a lot."

 

That was why he hated having his cousin dropping by.

 

     
 

                                                                                                                                                                                             eg *  
 

     
 

     author's note 
 

    

The appearance of our silly alien! You guys don't know how eager I'm to write about other members appearances.

Edited on 07.10.2016.