Four

You Got Spooked!
4 encounter 
 

They first thing they noticed was the smell. It was a mixture of medicine and stale dust. Quite suitable with the hospital atmosphere the coordinators were going for, but Yoongi was starting to get sick of it.

 

"Ugh! What's with this smell?" Namjoon grimaced, blocking his nostrils.

 

"No kidding, dimwit," Yoongi snapped, pushing him. "The sooner we get out of here, the better it is!"

 

They stepped into what seemed to be an empty reception where their first host was—a blind hag. She was in an oversized patient robe, which looked like it hadn't been washed for days. Her wide eyes were milky white and her voice was hoarse, as if she'd spent her days singing.

 

"Beware of the death and the madness!" She cried out. "The killer is among us!"

 

Anyway, they ignored her and advanced forward, though Jimin was already sweating. "I don't like this," He murmured, gripping onto the back of Namjoon's shirt. "I don't like this at all."

 

"Shh!"

 

No one talked as they followed the narrow corridor, leading them deeper into the hospital. The ground was covered with syringes, wires and operation tools, enough to give them the idea that something broke loose and probably went through a massacre, by the looks of splattered guts on the marbled floor.

 

Oh, yeah. Blood rules the horror land. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

 

Jimin let out a cry and shakingly lifted his finger at the back of a man, who Yoongi didn't notice at first despite the white robe he was wearing. He seemed to be working on something at the silver table. The way his arm was moving told them that he was cutting who-knows-what.

 

Ignoring Jimin's gestures of protest, Yoongi called out loud, "Yoohoo, Mr. Doctor Guy. Where is the nearest exit around here?"

 

Mr. Doctor Guy straightened up, picking what appeared to be a human part with his gloved hands when Jimin decided to rush things up and roughly pushed Namjoon and him towards the front.

 

"I seriously thought you're going scream there," Namjoon unwillingly trudged towards the end of the corridor.

 

"Too bad," Jimin said. "If I'm not screaming in five minutes, you guys are—what is that?"

 

It didn't look like it, but apparently something stood in the shadow, just around the corner from where they stood. "Guys, that's just a mannequin, right?" Jimin whimpered, grabbing the nearest object to him, which was a statue. Yoongi's ears perked up at the sound of wheels whirring from it.

 

"Yah! Don't touch it! Don't—

 

Yoongi was barely able to finish his words when somewhere overhead, a hanging corpse dropped, a few inches from his face.

 

Jimin yelped and tumbled backward, landing on his elbows. "Oh, my god!"

 

Instinctually Namjoon had planted himself against the wall, looked wide-eyed at the dummy. "Whoa."

 

"Jimin!" Yoongi growled. "Hands in your pockets!"

 

Promptly Jimin kept his hands to himself. At least for a while.

 

When they reached the end of the unofficial tour, Yoongi wanted nothing more than to get out of there. You might think that he'd at least enjoy the night—had some scare jumps or laughed in embarrassment at each others foolishness—but that wasn't the case. This was one of the stressful night he ever had.

 

He moved faster, occasionally waiting for Namjoon as he pulled the dazed boy to his feet. He glanced at Namjoon, who looked every bit irritated as he was as he kept scolding and nagging Jimin. Yoongi sighed and grabbed the youngest one by the arm and walked at a slow pace.

 

Jimin woke up from his daze and almost had a panic attack when sensed presence at his sides. He swatted at his right, which unfortunately was where Yoongi was. After that it took minutes of convincing from Namjoon for Yoongi to let Jimin out of his headlock.

 

"This is the last time I'll go to such place with you losers!" Yoongi grumbled.

 

Yoongi had never been happier when he saw a flicker of bright light in front of him, until Jimin lost control and screamed like a lunatic.

 

 

 

 

Jumie was supposed to scare people away. She didn't do a very good job so far as she jumped into the safety of the shadow when she heard the boys. She didn't know why she hid herself from them but one thing was certain—she knew them.

 

"Yah! Don't touch it! Don't—"

 

"Oh, my god!"

 

"Jimin! Hands in your pockets!"

 

Why did the chances that she had to run into her schoolmates? She wasn't sure who they were, but she heard their voices enough at school.

 

"What the heck!"

 

"Man! I didn't know you're that heavy!"

 

It was horrible of her, but she couldn't deny that she felt content at their suffering, whether it was from fear or Irritation. They deserved it, she told herself. Jumie might not admit to it, but she wanted the satisfaction of revenge from all the misery she felt because of them.

 

She glanced at the boys from where she hid. She could barely see them but there seemed to be three boys. Two of them were supporting the one in the middle as he looked like he was about to pass out any minute.

 

Then something flashy on the ground caught her eyes. Jumie stared down at the silver disk, which had just fell from the one of the boys' possession. 'TOP SECRET' was written with black marker on the side, and it was wrapped neatly. She knew then the cd was important to the owner.

 

Should she return it? It wouldn't hurt at letting them scavenge for it, would it? But was she that pathetic to stoop so low? She did say she wanted them to taste their own medicine.

 

Sighing, she picked up the thin circular object, wondering whether she'd regretted her decision in the future. For all she knew, the bullying wouldn't stop even if her life depended on it. Her only advantage was that they wouldn't recognize her in her current disguise. Jumie walked towards them, pulling one of their arms with too much force than she intended to, "You—

 

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"

 

Scared maybe was an understatement, because the middle guy freaked out. He literally threw himself backwards, away from his friends' hands and crashed into one of the emergency door. One of his friends turned to her, but she was too shocked to notice the dead stare that was sent at her way.

 

"Nice!" His friend exclaimed harshly. "Not only you scared him off but you also got him into an incident!"

 

Stunned, Jumie gaped at the groaning boy on the floor, and then slowly she went over to him, trying to make sure he was at least okay.

 

Bad idea.

 

He sat up and stumbled away from her, holding his arms up as if to protect himself, crying out, "No! No! Stay back!" Jumie's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as she looked down at her disguise. Yes, her face was disfigured and her wrists and necks were bruised like she'd be. But couldn't he tell she was in disguise?

 

"Haven't you done enough already?" The angry boy grabbed her roughly and shoved her. "Your boss seriously need to get you fired for causing a havoc!"

 

"I-I'm sorry. I was just trying to make sure he's alright. His hand was bleeding. " Jumie tried to move pass him but he pushed her back.

Between the struggles, the boy didn't notice that he accidentally hit her in the stomach. "Where is your boss?"

 

Jumie grabbed as she started to feel sick. She crouched down on her knees and pressed her lips together, trying to force down the nauseous feeling. The boy's fit of anger didn't help her much.

 

"Have you gone deaf or what?" The boy yelled, his nostrils flaring. "Tell me, where is your boss? You little creep!"

 

With a loud retch, Jumie vomited out everything she had for supper on the boy's clothes. And that wasn't the worse part yet. Her knees trembled at the flash of fury in Min Yoongi's eyes as he looked at her.

eco

                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 

I feel terrible for writing Jimin this way. Haha! I secretly bully him like all the other guys.

Oh my god! My wish came true, like really, BTS in police uniform?! Haha! I have a thing with police uniform.