Twenty-six

You Got Spooked!

 


    26   blacklist 

 

Yoongi sluggishly dropped his messager bag and continued walking until he was standing before the two figures on the floor. His face was as neutral as he managed to get but no one could deny the sullen air around him.

 

Unlike Jumie, who was already shuddering under the protection of her arms, Yongjun was pretty much unaffected under his brother's murderous aura. And to add oil to the blazing fire, the man looked up at the boy with a nonchalant grin.

 

"Yoongi, my man! Didn't know you're coming back so soon!"

 

The frown grew deeper on the boy's face, and he swiftly reached down for Jumie's arm, in a generous act to get her away from his older brother; only not realizing that he had pulled her a bit too harsh.

 

"Yongjun," hissed Yoongi, after bringing the girl behind him protectively. "Did you or did you not forget that you're engaged?"

 

The man chuckled at his brother accusing tone and stood up, smirking at how Yoongi trying to look intimidating despite his lack of support from the height department. He slipped a pale hand into his collar to brandish out a silver ring attaching to the metal chain around his neck.

 

"Of course, I still am loyal to my only lady in waiting. Why? Are you implying I'm going to do something to your sweet—

 

"I'm telling Inna-noona."

 

Yongjun's smug countenance faltered, and he desperately tried to calm the snapping beast within his little brother, "Now, let's not include your sister-in-law in this..."

 

"Watch me. I—ow!"

 

The brotherly conflict was enthusiastically interrupted by the girl behind Yoongi as she recklessly pressed her weight on the boy's shoulder, causing him to lose his balance, and with that, Jumie was able to brush past his dominant stance. To say he was shocked by her escapade was an understatement, because he was torn between being dumbstruck and angry.

 

From what Yongjun had seen earlier, Jumie wasn't the type to breach one's personal space, so he was rather taken aback when the girl came closer than he anticipated.

"Inna! INNA? The school nurse? She's your wife-to-be?" she didn't mean to yell, but after being ignored by the two siblings, she merely reacted out of her instincts.

 

"Yes, she is. Calm down, will you?" chuckled Yongjun.

 

He grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her down to her normal height, his eyes flicking at Yoongi in amusement as though to mock the boy before looking endearingly to the girl again.

 

Click.

 

The sound of a snapping camera was quickly followed by a stalling silence as Jumie and Yongjun slowly looked at the eerily calm Yoongi. He had his smartphone directing at them, no doubt taking a provocative picture for someone as loyal as Yongjun was. The man's arms went slack.

 

"Yoongi-ah," began Yongjun with a nervous laugh. "You wouldn't do it to your beloved brother now, would you?"

 

The sadistic expression Yoongi had on made Jumie cower in fear as she sympathized the older brother. "It depends..." he grinned deviously. "Will you stop disturbing me for a month?"

 

"A month?" cried Yongjun indignantly. "How about a week?"

 

"A month," insisted Yoongi, his tone indicating that he wasn't particularly up to any sort of negotiation. "Or you're going to watch your back for a berserk noona."

 

Yongjun held up his hands in utter surrender and stepped back, letting his brother taking Jumie away, almost dragging her towards the front door. Scared for her life, she turned to give the man a pleading look, but the man simply smiled and wriggled his fingers in a wave of goodbye.

 

Outside, under the approaching dark sky, with the smell of rain hanging in the air and frogs serenading to the sky, Yoongi mercilessly hauled Jumie out, ignoring her small act of a struggle as her shoes skidded across the pavement. Having released her, he sort of blew up at her face, demanding her the reason of why she had let Yongjun took advantage of her.

 

The girl mentally grew small, her long hair couldn't hide her face enough from his enraged glare. "W-what do you mean?" she shut her eyes tight, terrified of the boy's wrath.

 

Yoongi released a frustrated sigh, muttering unintelligible words. With an intense glare, he startled the girl again by saying her full name. "Are you that naïve? How would you like it if I was to touch you?"

 

The pissed off look he gave her was enough of a hint that he didn't mean that it a normal, harmless way. Her face heating up, she took a long step back to increase the space between them.

 

Her response didn't exactly surprise the boy, still it seemed to annoyed him even more.

 

Yoongi smirked humourlessly. "You of all people should know that the world isn't made of rainbows and unicorns. Who's to say that my brother won't do the unthinkable? And what makes it easier is that you willingly let him." He raised an eyebrow, giving her a chance to elaborate herself.

 

"Y-Y-Yongjun-oppa w-wouldn't do something like t-that. He seems....nice..." she finished sceptically.

 

The boy blankly looked at her, unimpressed, causing the younger teen to deflate in defeat. She had enough conscience to know that her senior was right. No matter how nice the man appeared to be, she barely knew him. With a shaky breath, she mumbled an apology hoping that afterwards the strict school body president would leave her alone as she drowned in her tears of self pity.

 

Yoongi's eyes widened as the brunette lowered her head, her body shaking in a familiar way female would before they cry. His anger dissipated, quickly replaced by anxiety as he looked around, having half a mind to run away.

 

Despite his belief, Jumie wasn't crying and she was trying hard not to, especially in front of the boy. There's no telling what he would do if he sees her tears. She had once seen him taunting someone for crying like a baby, and she wasn't going to let him have the satisfaction to do that to her.

 

Before Jumie could thought of an escape, Yoongi abruptly grabbed her by the jaw and looked her in the eye, confirming his theory as her eyes were welling up with tears. Now embarrassed, she tried to move away as the tears began to flow like a broken water dam, but the boy didn't let her.

 

"Why are you so emotional?" he grunted in annoyance, reaching up to sloppily wipe her cheeks with his sleeves. "I'm not sorry for being angry. I'm not sorry for scolding you, and I'm definitely not sorry for making you cry, you stupid girl."

 

Yoongi looked down to see whether she was still weeping. She was. Her cheeks were puffy and stained with salty tears, her eyes were fully red, and her lips.....were trembling, as if she was restraining herself from bawling her eyes out. He sighed, "You know, instead of scaring the crap out of Jimin, you could just ask your lighter back like a normal person."

 

The girl was at loss for words as she watched him drew out the familiar, store-bought lighter and shoved it into her palm, surprising her with the cool touch of the metal.

 

"Will you stop crying now?" he asked after pulling away. A faint smile graced his lips at the subtle nod she gave him as she brought the lighter to her lips in gratitude.

 

In the end, Jumie was too slow to give him a proper response as the student body president eventually wished her good night and went back inside. It wasn't long before Jumie blinked in realization. "I forgot about the jacket again..."

 

When the girl was finally out of earshot, Yoongi collapsed on all fours in front of his front door, his hands frustratingly pulling the roots of his hair. "What the hell did I just do?" he cried incredulously, having an urge to tear something in half.

 

"I agree," chimed his brother, who was sneaky enough to open the door without the boy hearing him.

 

Accusing him as the very culprit that had caused him all this mess and also dying from the embarrassment of his annoying brother spying on him, Yoongi scrambled to his feet to go after the man, who only had time to let out gasp before the bull of a boy tackled him.

 


     

 

 


                                                                                                                                                                                             eg *  

 

 


     

 

 


     author's note 

 

 

Did Yoongi overreact too much? Or was Jumie too much of a crybaby? Anyhow.....most guys are still ers, when they see someone cry....but in his case, it's a bit different...

Are you guys enjoying the summer? Well, not so much for me. I hate the heat.